[Theme] GingerbreadEX MDPI/HDPI [Theme Engine apk] *8/18/2011*

Search This thread

da900

Mar 20, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
Hi. Thsnx a lot for your theme. All is looking great. But would you update it with miui looking wifi&signal bars, because now they keeps looking stock. And, on hdpi some notif.bar power menu buttons look stock or invisible.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk

jasonevil

May 9, 2010
Lincolnton, NC
Hi. Thsnx a lot for your theme. All is looking great. But would you update it with miui looking wifi&signal bars, because now they keeps looking stock. And, on hdpi some notif.bar power menu buttons look stock or invisible.

it will look stock, because theme attempts to replicate stock gingerbread miui.

Could you be specific about which notification toggles are missing please? I'll fix them soon.

hellotheday

Aug 4, 2011
Could you screenshot the problem please...

im sorry b4,dont give screenshoot i got bad signal here,cant post picture:p .i use wildfire , maybe its too big for wildfire :rolleyes:, or how? ive been using gingerbreadex , and its okay no problem and greatt theme :).but for gingerbreadzx got a problem :confused::confused:
thank so much for reply my brother :D i prefer to gingerbreadzx its great thme ;)

Last edited:

ferazhin

Aug 11, 2010
Oregon
My pulldown looks like this:
screenshot1313433773466.png

da900

Mar 20, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
it will look stock, because theme attempts to replicate stock gingerbread miui.

Could you be specific about which notification toggles are missing please? I'll fix them soon.

For those I can see (as I use not all toggles):
1. Flashlight toggle looks like rotation one.
2. Brightness - when set to auto looks stock CM7, so in white notif background looks invisible.
3. The same for sound - when set to siund+vibrate.uploadfromtaptalk1313434070689.jpg
4. And as you could see on screenshort, offten after pulling down status bar and then return it back, the date and day stay in left upper corner, but a little bit dimmed.
P.S. Could you replace green GB wifi and signal bars with miui slyled ones? It would be great.:)

Last edited:

jasonevil

May 9, 2010
Lincolnton, NC
2. Brightness - when set to auto looks stock CM7, so in white notif background looks invisible.
3. The same for sound - when set to siund+vibrate.View attachment 689780
4. And as you could see on screenshort, offten after pulling down status bar and then return it back, the date and day stay in left upper corner, but a little bit dimmed.
P.S. Could you replace green GB wifi and signal bars with miui slyled ones? It would be great.:)

1. that was an accident, no more half awake theming for me lol
2. i'm going through the code now....*scratches head*
3. same as number 2
4. no clue on that one. are you using a patch or no?

and sorry on the last one. i'm trying to keep this as stock MIUI as possible. stock uses the green gingerbread icons for fully connected data....

rubyknight

Sep 19, 2010
Sevierville TN
Gradient looks great on my Heroc :) Love this theme!

Sent from my Hero using XDA Premium App

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1313537082062.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313537082062.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 285
  • uploadfromtaptalk1313537150379.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1313537150379.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 295

f_padia

Jul 12, 2010
thanks for the theme it looks really good! I have a bit of a problem with the notification area though. When I pull it down its quite transparent so the text is really difficult to read. I am using OMFGB ROM (but I have a gsm hero). Is there any way to fix this? ie make the notification bar less transparent?

chiprock

Dec 25, 2008
3. The same for sound - when set to siund+vibrate.View attachment 689780

the same as Toggle 2G/3G, so in white notif background looks invisible. Please fix it, thanks

ninjazin

Sep 22, 2009
Stockholm
the same as Toggle 2G/3G, so in white notif background looks invisible. Please fix it, thanks

In the meantime you could run the apk through the UOT kitchen. Under icons choose custom and the the power notifications. Set orange color and background and save. I also made the background behind carrier a bit brighter. Will upload screenshot in a bit

TVWQUct

Sent from my HTC Desire

My modded apk for hdpi is here: Link

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    preview1p.png

Tencent Desktop
    preview2fr.png

Go Launcher EX

What is this?

This is a theme based off the popular MIUI rom

What it's not....

This is just the look, not the features the rom has...

If you would like more of an MIUI look and features, I would suggest downloading

Go launcher EX
    Tencent Desktop
    Go Contacts
    Go SMS Pro
    Miui Music

What is themed:

Framework and system ui
    System icons
    Settings Icons
    Deskclock
    Music
    Go Launcher EX
    Tencent Desktop
    Dialer
    Music, Genie and Power Control Widgets
    Support for Upward Spiral's Theme Chooser Wallpaper App
    Support for ZduneX25's Theme Patcher for semi transparent statis bar. All questions about patching your status bar should be done in that thread. thanks...

Instructions:

1. Download "GingerbreadZX-mdpi.apk" or "GingerbreadZX-hdpi.apk" (make sure to download the correct apk for your phone)
    located in the attachments of this post.
    2. Place on the root of your sd card
    3. Using a file explorer, install the apk
    4. Open theme chooser
    5. Select GingerbreadZX
    6. You will get this error: "Sorry, this theme is missing assets for your device's screen size." Hit apply anyway
    7. Reboot
    8. Enjoy!

*Thanks*
    Zdunex25 for letting me use his clock apks to do the rest of the miui analog clocks.

Additional:

Also attached to this post is a zip file with some icons, docks and clock apks used in the screenshot...if you'd like to use them just unzip to your sd card then change accordingly
    *Change Log*

*8/18/2011*

Streamlined theme.
    Fixed notification toggle images
    Switched out spiral clock for stock white miui clock
    Added Clock apks to Extra zip

*8/14/2011*

Recoded theme...
    Need to fix hdpi battery.

*7/02/2011*

Fixed hdpi dialer issues....*crosses fingers*

*6/28/2011*

Fixed image issues in hdpi version, dialer.
    themed music now playing screen
    themed more system icons

*6/22/2011*

Fixed image issues in hdpi version.

*6/21/2011*

Initial release

Btw: Please let me know if the hdpi version does or doesn't work...plus if you could please post screenshots of anything that looks weird. That way i can see what is wrong and fix it Since i do not have an hdpi phone, i'm relying on you guys and gals to help me with the visuals lol....
    Had this thing almost finished then I found a launcher that replicates miui perfectly. I'm adding that into the theme. Hope to release tomorrow night :)
    Thank you so much for this. Beautiful! In the dialer i dont get any phone, contacts or erase buttons only number pad bellow that is all black. i know Miui layout so if press in the right place it takes me to contacts or press the phone button but they are not visible. I use Hdpi version on Galaxy S2 I9100 Cm Nightlies. Looking forward to the new release

New release will fix that issue
    Thanks for this gorgeous theme, I'm loving it - the gingerbread/MIUI is great.

I'm getting one weird issue - I don't have the sexy white gradient in my pulldown, the background is quite dark and the black text in the notifications is all but invisible.

I'm using a Thunderbolt with SHIFTAO5P. I didn't patch the semi-transparent statusbar, is that necessary?

Thanks again.

no, it shouldn't make a difference, did you try to reboot?

if so with no luck, sounds like your rom may be using a different image for that particular part....hmmm....gotta link to your rom?