• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[THEME][JVT/JVS][2.3.5] ODEXED/DEODEXED BatMod + ExtPowerMenu + CRTOff + Modded Icons

Search This thread

sphinx02

Nov 11, 2010
Freiburg
Use everything here on your own risk!

This MODs will not break the Browser!

screen1vq.jpg
snap20110830122453.png
snap20110830122640.png
sc20111013190441.png

Here you can find modded files for different ROMs and for ODEXED and DEODEXED ROMs dont mix it up!

General Information:
Why ODEXED:
As with the older baksmali/smali tools the Browser breaks in the new SAMSUNG ROMs while doedexing, I decided to make modifications for the ODEXED Standard Version of the ROMs!
ODEXED Files are even faster so we should start to make MODs for ODEXED ROMs...
As deodexing works properly with the new smali tools I decided to release also the deodexed files..

What it is:
- modified framework-res.apk with crt-off and battery percentage mod (CM7-Icons).
- modified android.policy.odex with extended power menu.
- modified icons of a few apps: (Browser, Camera, Contacts, Dialer, Messages)

How-To Install:
- You must have a Kernel with CWM2 or 3 (e.g. CF-Root, SpeedMod or Semaphore)
- Go to Settings -> Display -> Animation and make sure it is set to "All animations"
- Choose the right .zip
- Copy .zip to your SD-Card
- Reboot in Recovery
- CHOOSE: install zip from sdcard
- CHOOSE: choose zip from sdcard
- Choose the .zip file from your scard
- CHOOSE: Yes - Install .... .zip
- Phone will flash files.
- Reboot your Phone

NOTES:
- You Should use this modifications only with the right ROMS dont mix files of DEODEX and ODEXED ROMs up!
- I can help as good as I know things but I'm not responsible if you brick your phone, all files are tested by me and working flawless for me!

MODs for JVT:
Downloads:
- Klick: JVT-ODEX-DEODEX-BatMod.zip | Only BatMod and CRT-Off works ODEX and DEODEX!

Downloads ODEX:
- Klick: JVT-ODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen.zip | with original Glass Lock from Samsung
- Klick: JVT-ODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-AOSPLock.zip | with AOSP Lockscreen
- Klick: JVT-ODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-ClearGlassLock.zip | With Clear Glass Lock (bit different from the one from Boss, backround is still grey)
- Klick: JVT-ODEX-IconFiles.zip | That are the Modded Icon for some SystemApps (Browser, Camera, Contacts, Dialer, Messages)

- Klick: JVT-ODEX-restore-pack.zip | ATTENTION: This files deletes the existing "/system/app" and "/system/framework" folder than it copies over the original ODEXED STOCK FILES from JVT. So every MOD and every change in files in this two folders get lost! File has been tested by me and works. With this file you can also go back from Deodexed ROM to Odexed one if someone like to do that!

Downloads DEODEX:
- Klick: JVT-DEODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen.zip | with original Glass Lock from Samsung
- Klick: JVT-DEODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-AOSPLock.zip | with AOSP Lockscreen
- Klick: JVT-DEODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-ClearGlassLock.zip | With Clear Glass Lock (bit different from the one from Boss, backround is still grey)
- Klick: JVT-DEODEX-IconFiles.zip | That are the Modded Icon for some SystemApps (Browser, Camera, Contacts, Dialer, Messages)

- Klick: JVT-DEODEX-restore-pack.zip | ATTENTION: This files deletes the existing "/system/app" and "/system/framework" folder than it copies over the original DEODEXED STOCK FILES from JVT. So every MOD and every change in files in this two folders get lost! File has been tested by me and works. With this file you can also go back from Deodexed ROM to Odexed one if someone like to do that!

MODs for JVS:
Downloads:
- Klick: JVS-ODEX-DEODEX-BatMod.zip | Only BatMod and CRT-Off works ODEX and DEODEX!

Downloads ODEX:
- Klick: JVS-ODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen.zip | with original Glass Lock from Samsung
- Klick: JVS-ODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-AOSPLock.zip | with AOSP Lockscreen
- Klick: JVS-ODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-ClearGlassLock.zip | With Clear Glass Lock (bit different from the one from Boss, backround is still grey)
- Klick: JVS-ODEX-IconFiles.zip | That are the Modded Icon for some SystemApps (Browser, Camera, Contacts, Dialer, Messages)

- Klick: JVS-ODEX-restore-pack.zip | ATTENTION: This files deletes the existing "/system/app" and "/system/framework" folder than it copies over the original ODEXED STOCK FILES from JVS. So every MOD and every change in files in this two folders get lost! File has been tested by me and works. With this file you can also go back from Deodexed ROM to Odexed one if someone like to do that!

Downloads DEODEX:
- Klick: JVS-DEODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen.zip | with original Glass Lock from Samsung
- Klick: JVS-DEODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-AOSPLock.zip | with AOSP Lockscreen
- Klick: JVS-DEODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-ClearGlassLock.zip | With Clear Glass Lock (bit different from the one from Boss, backround is still grey)
- Klick: JVS-DEODEX-IconFiles.zip | That are the Modded Icon for some SystemApps (Browser, Camera, Contacts, Dialer, Messages)

- Klick: JVS-DEODEX-restore-pack.zip | ATTENTION: This files deletes the existing "/system/app" and "/system/framework" folder than it copies over the original DEODEXED STOCK FILES from JVS. So every MOD and every change in files in this two folders get lost! File has been tested by me and works. With this file you can also go back from Deodexed ROM to Odexed one if someone like to do that!

Credits:
- Packing CM7 icons thx $omator
- ExtPowMenu Tut thx untermensch
- Information about editing odex files thx _JKay_
- ClearLockScreen thx ock and Bo$s

Hit THANKS BUTTON if you like my work!

Last edited:

madd0g

May 8, 2010
Is it possible to include JVS SystemUI.apk for Nexus S style icons ? Or can the files be added in ODEXed version without decompiling first ?

sphinx02

Nov 11, 2010
Freiburg
Is it possible to include JVS SystemUI.apk for Nexus S style icons ? Or can the files be added in ODEXed version without decompiling first ?

I havent changed anything in the systemui.apk so in general you can add a one from somebody else.. if you only want to change .png files you can do that without decompiling but you must not add files!

Mhmm, what about overglow ? :rolleyes:
Would be awesome. ;)

No, in my versions will be no overglow because with odexed roms there are problems with overscroll and I think the overscroll effect from samsung is real nice.. Overscroll-Glow is not really better in my opinion..

csumika

Dec 11, 2010
Hi, can you create a zip file with only the AOSP LockScreen for odexed JVS ROM, without battery mod and extended power menu? Thanx.

j0hnhd

Jun 12, 2011
Thank you so much for this very nice piece of work! I flashed it over the odexed stock rom and it's working beautiful, again, just like the other mods you've created. Thanks again!

sphinx02

Nov 11, 2010
Freiburg
TMIRussia said:
Hello, will you make a tw4 for odex JVS, I really enjoy your work on JVR tw4.5, it works awesome, thanks:)

Sorry for my English

He asked via PM but here for all:

I decided to not support TW4 anymore because I always had problems with it. If you have to much apps on the homescreen it lags and if it is closed by the android sytem due less ram it freezes the phone and the phone reboots..

I personally use zeam launcher from the android market which is fast, stable and useful.

For everybody who want to use TW4:
Go to fr4gg0rs TW4.5 Thread and install it from there.. to have the modded icons you can simply install my icon files..

hope this is ok for everybody..

Last edited:

yvrRome

Sep 3, 2006
Thanks for this, just what I was looking for. I just wanted battery % and extended power menu without all the extra stuff I didn't need. Perfect!

illusion786

Aug 22, 2006
Thanks for the res pack. In the deodex-battmod-extmen-aosplock. theres a bug in the Ext menu. When power off is selected it reboots to CWM, also when you select recovery it reboots and if restart is selected it powers off.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Last edited:

sphinx02

Nov 11, 2010
Freiburg
Thanks for the res pack. In the deodex-battmod-extmen-aosplock. theres a bug in the Ext menu. When power off is selected it reboots to CWM, also when you select recovery it reboots and if restart is selected it powers off.

Are you sure, this is nearly impossible I have tested all files and for me it worked the right way!

madd0g

May 8, 2010
I havent changed anything in the systemui.apk so in general you can add a one from somebody else.. if you only want to change .png files you can do that without decompiling but you must not add files!

Already did that, thank you :] One question though, would it be possible to add the services.jar fix for BLN added to your pack ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use everything here on your own risk!

This MODs will not break the Browser!

screen1vq.jpg
    snap20110830122453.png
    snap20110830122640.png
    sc20111013190441.png

Here you can find modded files for different ROMs and for ODEXED and DEODEXED ROMs dont mix it up!

General Information:
    Why ODEXED:
    As with the older baksmali/smali tools the Browser breaks in the new SAMSUNG ROMs while doedexing, I decided to make modifications for the ODEXED Standard Version of the ROMs!
    ODEXED Files are even faster so we should start to make MODs for ODEXED ROMs...
    As deodexing works properly with the new smali tools I decided to release also the deodexed files..

What it is:
    - modified framework-res.apk with crt-off and battery percentage mod (CM7-Icons).
    - modified android.policy.odex with extended power menu.
    - modified icons of a few apps: (Browser, Camera, Contacts, Dialer, Messages)

How-To Install:
    - You must have a Kernel with CWM2 or 3 (e.g. CF-Root, SpeedMod or Semaphore)
    - Go to Settings -> Display -> Animation and make sure it is set to "All animations"
    - Choose the right .zip
    - Copy .zip to your SD-Card
    - Reboot in Recovery
    - CHOOSE: install zip from sdcard
    - CHOOSE: choose zip from sdcard
    - Choose the .zip file from your scard
    - CHOOSE: Yes - Install .... .zip
    - Phone will flash files.
    - Reboot your Phone

NOTES:
    - You Should use this modifications only with the right ROMS dont mix files of DEODEX and ODEXED ROMs up!
    - I can help as good as I know things but I'm not responsible if you brick your phone, all files are tested by me and working flawless for me!

MODs for JVT:
    Downloads:
    - Klick: JVT-ODEX-DEODEX-BatMod.zip | Only BatMod and CRT-Off works ODEX and DEODEX!

Downloads ODEX:
    - Klick: JVT-ODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen.zip | with original Glass Lock from Samsung
    - Klick: JVT-ODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-AOSPLock.zip | with AOSP Lockscreen
    - Klick: JVT-ODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-ClearGlassLock.zip | With Clear Glass Lock (bit different from the one from Boss, backround is still grey)
    - Klick: JVT-ODEX-IconFiles.zip | That are the Modded Icon for some SystemApps (Browser, Camera, Contacts, Dialer, Messages)

- Klick: JVT-ODEX-restore-pack.zip | ATTENTION: This files deletes the existing "/system/app" and "/system/framework" folder than it copies over the original ODEXED STOCK FILES from JVT. So every MOD and every change in files in this two folders get lost! File has been tested by me and works. With this file you can also go back from Deodexed ROM to Odexed one if someone like to do that!

Downloads DEODEX:
    - Klick: JVT-DEODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen.zip | with original Glass Lock from Samsung
    - Klick: JVT-DEODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-AOSPLock.zip | with AOSP Lockscreen
    - Klick: JVT-DEODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-ClearGlassLock.zip | With Clear Glass Lock (bit different from the one from Boss, backround is still grey)
    - Klick: JVT-DEODEX-IconFiles.zip | That are the Modded Icon for some SystemApps (Browser, Camera, Contacts, Dialer, Messages)

- Klick: JVT-DEODEX-restore-pack.zip | ATTENTION: This files deletes the existing "/system/app" and "/system/framework" folder than it copies over the original DEODEXED STOCK FILES from JVT. So every MOD and every change in files in this two folders get lost! File has been tested by me and works. With this file you can also go back from Deodexed ROM to Odexed one if someone like to do that!

MODs for JVS:
    Downloads:
    - Klick: JVS-ODEX-DEODEX-BatMod.zip | Only BatMod and CRT-Off works ODEX and DEODEX!

Downloads ODEX:
    - Klick: JVS-ODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen.zip | with original Glass Lock from Samsung
    - Klick: JVS-ODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-AOSPLock.zip | with AOSP Lockscreen
    - Klick: JVS-ODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-ClearGlassLock.zip | With Clear Glass Lock (bit different from the one from Boss, backround is still grey)
    - Klick: JVS-ODEX-IconFiles.zip | That are the Modded Icon for some SystemApps (Browser, Camera, Contacts, Dialer, Messages)

- Klick: JVS-ODEX-restore-pack.zip | ATTENTION: This files deletes the existing "/system/app" and "/system/framework" folder than it copies over the original ODEXED STOCK FILES from JVS. So every MOD and every change in files in this two folders get lost! File has been tested by me and works. With this file you can also go back from Deodexed ROM to Odexed one if someone like to do that!

Downloads DEODEX:
    - Klick: JVS-DEODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen.zip | with original Glass Lock from Samsung
    - Klick: JVS-DEODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-AOSPLock.zip | with AOSP Lockscreen
    - Klick: JVS-DEODEX-BatMod-ExtPowMen-ClearGlassLock.zip | With Clear Glass Lock (bit different from the one from Boss, backround is still grey)
    - Klick: JVS-DEODEX-IconFiles.zip | That are the Modded Icon for some SystemApps (Browser, Camera, Contacts, Dialer, Messages)

- Klick: JVS-DEODEX-restore-pack.zip | ATTENTION: This files deletes the existing "/system/app" and "/system/framework" folder than it copies over the original DEODEXED STOCK FILES from JVS. So every MOD and every change in files in this two folders get lost! File has been tested by me and works. With this file you can also go back from Deodexed ROM to Odexed one if someone like to do that!

Credits:
    - Packing CM7 icons thx $omator
    - ExtPowMenu Tut thx untermensch
    - Information about editing odex files thx _JKay_
    - ClearLockScreen thx ock and Bo$s

Hit THANKS BUTTON if you like my work!
    JVT MODs are Uploaded!

Hey all,

my MODs for JVT are uploaded, you can find them on the first page of the Thread!

Sorry for the long waiting time!

If you like it press Thanks button on this Post!
    Clear Things Out

With th replies tht sphinx gives, I don't feel sometimes tht he is th real developer of these mods
    As Its always a futile effort 2 ask him 4 any furthr modding

You dont understand nothing! It took long time to do all this MODs and I'm making many different versions for oxexed and deodexed ROMs even though for myself I'm using only one from this versions. Thats my freetime and I'm earning no money while doing this! And I'm not willing to make a custom version of my MOD for everyone who is asking. In the past turned out, that the versions im supporting are the most wanted from all the people here on XDA.

And by the way, I must not share my MODs with people like you, I'm doing this mainly for my own SGS because I dont like the big THEMES or CUSTOM ROMs. And if you dont like it, go to someone else! Here on XDA are enough Developers and Themers....

And for people who like my themes! Thank you for your good feedback, thats why I'm doing my MODs in these various versions on and on! Thank you!
    Ok, JVU seems to be interesting, perhaps I'll take a look at it this week. But for now I'm still on JVT...
    New Version for JVU

Hey Guys,
    here is my new thread with MODs for JVU:

[THEME][JVU][2.3.6] ODEXED/DEODEXED BatMod + ExtPowerMenu + CRTOff + Modded Icons

Have fun with it and press THANKS button if you like my work!