[THEME] Kspec's Monster in black and white status bars for CM-5.0.7test2 [May/19/10]

Search This thread

brandenk

Aug 11, 2007
San Diego

Installation

- Put the file on the root of your SD card
- Boot into recovery by holding the trackball to get to the bootloader and using that to get to recovery
- Nandroid BACKUP
- Flash my file
- Reboot

*NOTE* The above will work for most people, if it doesnt work for you it may be because you are using a different kernal or any edits to the CM build other than using the totally stock CM rom without compcache you may run into issues local to your device. The only way around those issues is to wipe before installing. If you are using Kspec Komplete you can wipe and then install that, if not you will need to install the Google apps pack, then the latest CM rom, and then my latest theme.

Current Build:

- Now using DropBox as my file host. Join them to give me most hosting space by clicking this link: https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTMwMDAwNDQ5
- *new* Kspec Komplete has been posted which is CM 5.0.7test2, Google apps, Kspec media, Kspec apps, and my black Kspec theme. This is the complete package, ideal for use after a complete wipe.
- White status bar background in white monster
- black status bar in black monster
- black status bar services from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=683252
- Sense UI green, white, and black colors
- I am using the Sense UI battery icon instead of my Kspec battery because I dont know how to align the battery % properly in the middle. If you want to get my battery icon and disable the battery percentage you can get it here as a morph: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3000044/KspecBattery.zip

Downloads:

Name: *new* Kspec's Black Monster Komplete 1.03 for CM 5.0.7 test2
Updated: 19 May 2010
Size: 86.20MB
MD5: B3C703F844E6984A4832D25720157CBD
Link: Download the latest version of Kspec's Black Monster Komplete

Name: Kspec Black Monster small 1.0 for CM 5.0.7 test2
Updated: 18 May 2010
Size: N/A
MD5: N/A
Link: Download the latest version of Kspec Black Monster small

Name: Kspec White Monster small 1.0 for CM 5.0.7 test2
Updated: 18 May 2010
Size: N/A
MD5: N/A
Link: Download the latest version of Kspec White Monster small

Screenshots:

Screenshots of Kspec Black Monster 1.03 for CM 5.0.7 test2

Last edited:

Jrbourque

Jan 22, 2009
Did you change dialer? And you don't have to wipe right? But I like what I see so far good work

brandenk

Aug 11, 2007
San Diego
Did you change dialer? And you don't have to wipe right? But I like what I see so far good work

My next update will have WyContacts 0.8 app but this version is using the stock one. You do not need to wipe but I still recommend doing a backup first just in case. This has the same compatibility as CyanogenMod but if you want to be safe you can always flash regular CM first and then my Kspec'ed CM.

brandenk

Aug 11, 2007
San Diego
His theme is actually a custom build of CM... so my guess would be no since when you flash the theme it's actually flashing beta3.

The lite version of my theme is the most compatible so many times it will work on things other than what its built for, just be sure to Nandroid backup before you give it a try. If it doesnt work just flash CM or whatever ROM you are on and things should go back to normal, if not use your backup and you are set.

Updated for the new CyanogenMod

Last edited:

viperman78

Jan 31, 2010
Flashing new ROM

Hi, Love the status bar on this lite version.

I'm currently running Cyan 5 beta 4 ...when I install the next ROM will I have to reinstall this theme? or will it stay? Or do you recommend doing a wipe?

Thanks

seanowns

May 30, 2009
Very nice! Just flashed the Lite version. Everything working including the 2 button launcher thing. My theme of choice now.

metalhead8816

Jan 28, 2010
Just flashed the lite version of your theme, but the notification bar on pull down doesn't have a black piece on the bottom. It still is the default gray. How do I change it since the screen shots all have a black bottom piece?

brandenk

Aug 11, 2007
San Diego
Updated for CM beta5, updated the screenshot, updated the status bar close tab from the original white to a new one from experioNexus and a few other things. Let me know what you guys think or what you guys want changed. :)