• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Theme] - Kuma Style v.2 - 2.2 Compatible (Updated 9/07/10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

TJDuckett

kumastylepromo.png

Ok, I have to give a big thanks to Mack Kaswell, and Xedous for their help with the little odds and ends that I bumped into along the way.

Updates:

8/7: Sorry guys, but this will no longer be 2.1 compatible. I've made so many more changes, and added so many more new icons since the 2.2 port, that it's not even worth going back to update the 2.1 version.

8/10: Big updates to the gallery. Biggest move was definitely giving the launcher buttons a glow effect when pressed. Looks great IMO.

Also, "Kuma Style Lite" is going to be released in the next day or two to give people another option, and hold them over until this one's good to go! I think you guys'll like it.

It actually doesn't look like I have much left to do on this one, so I'm just going through and looking for odds and ends to tweak with. Ex: I'm redoing the leftside taskbar icons. I had them as "simple" compared to the right side's more 3D look, but now I like the thought of everything matching up.

8/11: Home stretch! I pretty much have the signal icons and google talk one to do, and I'm feeling like it's pretty complete!

8/14: I didn't update it on here, but I actually haven't had a computer for the past few days. It just froze up one day, and then wouldn't boot up anymore. Took it to one guy in town who swore up and down tha it was the motherboard, and then took it to a more experienced guy who diagnosed it and saw that my graphics card was shot, and that's actually what was making everything a mess. But, I came out of it with a new graphics card, finally added stupid **** like usb 2.0 ports, and overall have a computer that runs like new. So yays.

Aaaaanyways, progress wise, I got home pretty late last night, so I just updated the signal bars, and that was it. Today, I go into work for like a whole two hours, so I'm just gonna' be updating the google talk/voice task icons, and then finishing out the .9 pngs (Thanks to RIPTIDE9 for writing me probably one of the best tutorials I've seen for something in sometime!). After that, I'm going to have some people testing it, but, overall it should be pretty good to go.

8/15: Made a ton of progress yesterday. RIPTIDE9 got me on track with .9 png problems I was having, so I went through and pretty much redid every single one that I'd screwed up, and then I was feelin' pretty nifty, so I went ahead and tricked out the stock keyboard too! The way it came out is probably one of my favorite things that I've done so far on this phone.

In other news, production's started on The K-Style Lite and BuzzKiller projects, so hopefully I'll have some screens to post of those soon enough. As for today though, I'm taking the day off!

8/16: Man, it sure was nice to have a day off, but, can't lie I did some minimal things throughout the day, like icon changes and stuff. Over the next few days, there are jsut a few more taskbar icons I want to change (liek the google voice ones), and then customizing the widgets like the facebook and twitter ones that I haven't even touched.

8/18:[/B] Haven't updated this front post for a while, but a ton of progress ahs been made. Really have learned a lot about the xml, and am getting better at finding my way around these files. Updated the dialer, facebook widget/app (yes, the app itself), and all of the popups (dialerr, notifications, etc etc.). Still lots more little tweaking to do, but deifnitely check out the gallery and let me know what u guys are thinkign or what you wanna' see!

9/07: Feels good to be back! Been without a compute for weeks, but came in, got back on track, and now the theme is almost complete. Registration for the site is now open. However, I do have a catch:

I'm looking to release the beta of this theme on the site either tomorrow or wednesday. Look out for it.

If anyone could help me port this over to other roms like CM6 and the like, it'd be greatly appreciated. Right now, I've only done it for 2.2 sense.

Screenshot album!
CLICK HERE for an update screenshot album. It's easier for me to upload updates to an album than always have to visit, edit thread, etc.. This way I can jsut say "Album's updated!"

LAUNCHERPRO Style!​

devicez.png

deviceag.png

Let me know what you guys think so far.

Here's a preview of it all in action:

Last edited by a moderator:

norkoastal

Dec 7, 2007
Bay Area
Lookin pretty slick TJD.... A little busy on boot but it unique and your taste... too bad the animation cant go for longer because that music was running for a while.... the music while good might be overwhelming for most folks rebooting.. perhaps a short music boot would be a good option to throw in along with different wallpapers.. Thanks for sharing...

TJDuckett

Lookin pretty slick TJD.... A little busy on boot but it unique and your taste... too bad the animation cant go for longer because that music was running for a while.... the music while good might be overwhelming for most folks rebooting.. perhaps a short music boot would be a good option to throw in along with different wallpapers.. Thanks for sharing...

Wow, thanks for this response!

With the boot animation, I'm going to add another animation before it. I'm just trying to figure out what though. I'm pretty stuck for ideas atm, but I know I wanna' have an animtation, and then use that to close it out.

With the music... it actually takes some time for my phone to load up, so when I have the music shorter, it has that image just hanging there to silence until it loads up, and that's why I kept it so long. However, I think it'll all flow better once the animation is extended with the added scene.

As for different wallpapers, I think that's an awesome suggestion. What "kinds" of walls should I throw in though? More relaxed (minimal), or buesier with different looks?

TJDuckett

PLZ make a blue version it is awsome would definetly load a blue one.

Argh! LoL. Me and my "team" were going back and forth about what color scheme to go with on our next one, and it came down to blue or yellow, and we went with yellow on the notion that there are a lot of blue themes out there. We decided to go with that once "Buzz Killer" (running name for yellow project) is done,. blue's next. Going to do both blue and black, and light blue and white, so it should be good.

rjmjr69

Dec 11, 2008
Southie
Argh! LoL. Me and my "team" were going back and forth about what color scheme to go with on our next one, and it came down to blue or yellow, and we went with yellow on the notion that there are a lot of blue themes out there. We decided to go with that once "Buzz Killer" (running name for yellow project) is done,. blue's next. Going to do both blue and black, and light blue and white, so it should be good.

+2 for blue and black please.
And a version without a boot stuff hehehe

otherwise I really think you have great talent and I love your work.

Sometimes LESS is more

TJDuckett

I'm dying for a yellow theme. I was just thinking there weren't enough of those... Or any?

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

Exactly the point!

Looking great Bro! NICE WORK:)

Thanks!

+2 for blue and black please.
And a version without a boot stuff hehehe

otherwise I really think you have great talent and I love your work.

Sometimes LESS is more

LoL, I'm not making the boot animation part of the zip. I'm going to uplaod it for anyone who wants it, but, it'll be optional. I want to keep as many things seperate as possible so that people can pick and choose. I've themed over apps and all kinds of ****, so I want people to have a choice of whether they want those things or not.

Hey man...

I know we're all looking forward to this one. You've got unique and great style. Can't wait to put this bad boy on my phone. Keep it up bro!

Thanks for the kind words man. I appreciate it.

Btw, added a drag down screen.

norkoastal

Dec 7, 2007
Bay Area
Wow, thanks for this response!

With the boot animation, I'm going to add another animation before it. I'm just trying to figure out what though. I'm pretty stuck for ideas atm, but I know I wanna' have an animtation, and then use that to close it out.

With the music... it actually takes some time for my phone to load up, so when I have the music shorter, it has that image just hanging there to silence until it loads up, and that's why I kept it so long. However, I think it'll all flow better once the animation is extended with the added scene.

As for different wallpapers, I think that's an awesome suggestion. What "kinds" of walls should I throw in though? More relaxed (minimal), or buesier with different looks?

I was thinking you might want to use the beardroids as a sub theme within the kuma set. You might kick off an animal droid theme craze.. different themed wallpapers is always a nice touch for those who like the red but want a more classy look for work etc..

TJDuckett

I was thinking you might want to use the beardroids as a sub theme within the kuma set. You might kick off an animal droid theme craze.. different themed wallpapers is always a nice touch for those who like the red but want a more classy look for work etc..

Hmmmm, I'm liking the "sub theme" idea, but it's not going to be on this theme. THAT would be too busy IMO. In fact, I think it'd be a great theme to build around itself.

And yea, I don't really know how to fit "classy" into this one. That's why I'd included the minimal version for launcherpro on the right render in the promo pic. Even with manup, he went with two different themes (dirty and clean) for different looks, because it's really hard to get two completely different vibes in a single theme just by switching out a wall. I'm inspired to put out a "light" version though for a more classy look... but, it'll definitely be a seperate theme.

Update: Added screen of themed sense contact bar and setting widgets.

brock1909

Nov 22, 2007
nice work man. puttin these themes together is a PITA. Good work, its good people are appreciating it. Also that you are so open to suggestions. Keep it up brotha!

Riptide9

Dec 10, 2009
Beaverton, OR
Your theme is FREAKIN SICK!

Love the work man, you got some great skills. Keep up the awesome work. I did like the comment about a yellow theme though... I can't think of one out their. Kind of a yellow and black construction/biohazzard feel would be pretty cool.

TJDuckett

Thanks man. Your themes kick butt too, so it's nice to hear positive feedback from one of the people who inspired me to start doing this.

And yea, the theme is going to be black and yellow, but not with a striped construction look... it's going to be a bit more "messy" and fun.

Update: Added screens for launcher pro

Status
Not open for further replies.