[THEME-MOD] [Feb 1, 2011] Tweaks/Mods for WindowsPhone7 V.2 Theme by Fireslave

Search This thread

codeconqueror

Mar 10, 2009
Orlando, FL
Neither of the wp7allmod .zip files work for me. I have tried numerous times to make them work but for some strange reason they refuse to. Any way you can keep each individual moded page seperate so i can see if i can isolate the problem to one specific file? Your mods sound amazing. I installed your mods thru the pc activesync connection and did everything that I usually do. The base theme works tho. On a side note I am running energy 29196 sys 29007 on a tp2. I think it may be a small problem with the google translate dll but i am not sure. Thanks for continuing pht6's work.

After installing some modded pages for googletranslate into the TL base widgets file The theme now loads. Weather is still a problem (results in a blankpage) but I look forward to trying to fix that small issue.

Yes, the 2nd post has all the mods individually packaged.

Let me know if you find anything.

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
Yeah, there's definitely something wrong, I'm just trying to figure out the root cause. I could be a problem in ThrottleLauncher or a problem with Fireslave's theme. Not sure yet.

ok i just reinstalled everything from scratch and here is what i found
when i add your mods TL crashes when deleteing text messages
i added Trekfans people pages mod from his new thread i just added it overtop of everything else
and it no longer crashes when delete texts

codeconqueror

Mar 10, 2009
Orlando, FL
ok i just reinstalled everything from scratch and here is what i found
when i add your mods TL crashes when deleteing text messages
i added Trekfans people pages mod from his new thread i just added it overtop of everything else
and it no longer crashes when delete texts

Yeah, I've made a new version of the people, message, and email pages and I no longer get crashes when deleting text messages or emails.

I'm going to run some more testing before I post the updates though.

Thanks for the feedback.

codeconqueror

Mar 10, 2009
Orlando, FL
You know what, the map file is still downloaded on your phone ! I assumed the it was black was because it did not download the map. After playing last night (so I got the cool home tile) I checked this out a little. Maybe it's not connecting someplace ?

When I click update, the image appears to be updated.

The map file when it's updated appears here

\program files\Throttlelauncher\Plugins\Weather.com\map.png

BTW...

Did you do any changes on the SMS page ? Just wondering if it's just pth6's just tweaked a little. I guess I was looking for a little more updated and when typing a text with the bubbles like WP7...

I've got the weather issue fixed. The XML file was pointing to the wrong image file. I'm in the process of running tests so I will update the downloads once I'm confident with the changes after a few days.

Reactions: DavidinCT

codeconqueror

Mar 10, 2009
Orlando, FL
is it possible for you to share the xml file for the facebook shortcut that is seen in your first post screen shot. or how to resize the icon to make it the size of the hub

Extract the attached .ZIP file, then edit the widget.xml file in notepad.

Change the following line:
<icon X="24" Y="16" width="48" height="48" path="\My Documents\My Pictures\Icons\Metro\Facebook.png" />

Replace '\My Documents\My Pictures\Icons\Metro\Facebook.png' with the path to the icon you want to show.

Then, change the following line:
<action execute="\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\XDAFacebook.lnk" parameters="" />

Replace '\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Internet\XDAFacebook.lnk' with the path to your Facebook application of choice.

Finally, copy the folder to the 'Program Files\ThrottleLauncher\Setups\WindowsPhone7_2\Widgets' folder and restart ThrottleLauncher (or reboot your phone) and add the new widget just like you do with the others (Home page -> bottom menu bar -> + button).

If you want to make any other custom program tiles, just add them like normal (they will use the default text and icon). Then, edit the XML file for that widget in the same way. This way you can have any programs you want on your home screen with the icon and text of your choice.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• ShortCut_Facebook.zip
    722 bytes · Views: 16
Last edited:
G

GuestD0667

for the mail widget can we get it to say gmail or yahoo not just hotmail. also at the order list dialog page you spelled cancel wrong. it says "ok/cancle."

codeconqueror

Mar 10, 2009
Orlando, FL
for the mail widget can we get it to say gmail or yahoo not just hotmail. also at the order list dialog page you spelled cancel wrong. it says "ok/cancle."

Yes, I will fix the hard coded hotmail display but 'cancle' is not my spelling. I didn't design that page, I just used what came with the theme, lol.

I'll see if I can find a way to fix it for the next release though. :)

s-droid

Aug 17, 2010
Moscow
Help solve the problem, when installing the original theme, everything works. When you install mods (copied from the PC contents of the archive to a folder with the theme of the replacement) The theme is no longer displayed. Everything hangs on the "Throttle Launcher started Displaying"

tejeskifly

Oct 1, 2010
Szeged
Help solve the problem, when installing the original theme, everything works. When you install mods (copied from the PC contents of the archive to a folder with the theme of the replacement) The theme is no longer displayed. Everything hangs on the "Throttle Launcher started Displaying"

I have same probleme :/

I just install the wp7 theme

I install tl, with winrar uncompress the wp7 skin folder to pc, and directly copy to the installation folder, after i download the WP7TL_AllMods_WM7NotBar.zip with same method. (uncompress to pc with winrar, and directly copi tu thr folder.)

hugulugu

Sep 7, 2010
I have same probleme :/

I just install the wp7 theme

I install tl, with winrar uncompress the wp7 skin folder to pc, and directly copy to the installation folder, after i download the WP7TL_AllMods_WM7NotBar.zip with same method. (uncompress to pc with winrar, and directly copi tu thr folder.)

me too :(

i'm using an energy rom in my topaz/at&T pure, and every time it´s the same: i install TL, then i install the original theme, after that i install the mods and TL doesn´t display again :(

yayyay

Jul 23, 2010
I use energy rom on my touch pro and TL launches fine with these mods, so I don't think it is the rom.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am discontinuing work on this theme. Its too glitchy and documentation is horrid and I cannot find a cause or solution to the crashing when SMS and email messages are deleted (and sometimes when they are received too).

I don't see any way for me to isolate and resolve the problem and w/o that working properly, this theme is useless IMHO.

If anyone wants to download the modules as they are and take the work further, have at it with my blessing.

I will be upgraded to Windows Phone 7 as soon as they have a usable IM client that can connect to AIM.

These are tweaks, widgets, and enhancements that I have made or compiled for use with the Windows Phone 7 v.2 Theme for ThrottleLauncher by Fireslave.

You can check out the original theme and required files here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=859799

I have many more widgets, tweaks, and other modifications planned out and I will update this thread as I have time to work on them (see post 5 for the current To Do list).

I would love getting some feedback on these changes and suggestions for further improvements I could make or new widgets that I could add so let me know if you've got an idea for something that would improve this great theme.

Index:

Post 1 - Basic Project Information
    Post 2 - Mods / Tweaks
    Post 3 - New / Customized Widgets
    Post 4 - FAQ
    Post 5 - To Do List
    Mods / Tweaks

Home:
    Changed bottom menu bar to hold: Start menu, System Info, Add/Remove Widgets, and Settings (the WM7 settings not ThrottleLauncher)
    Changed bottom menu bar icons
    Added search button to main screen at the bottom right

Screenshots:

HomeScreen1.PNG

HomeScreen2.PNG

----------------------------------------------------------------

Programs:
    Removed default favorite links
    Added + button at the top right corner to select favorites (favorites are shown first, then the all programs list below them)

Screenshots:

ProgramsScreen.png

Clock:
    Changed font used to Segoe UI Light
    Added date, seconds and AM/PM to time display for 12 and 24 hour time formats

Screenshots: *See Home page mod above*

Email:
    Added 1st page for unread emails with the number of unread emails in the header (this page is not created if there are no unread emails)
    Moved All Emails list to the 2nd page (but this will be the 1st page if there are no unread emails)
    Unreal emails will show in a larger font and are in bold
    The subject of the email is displayed in the color of the current tile theme color

Screenshots:

EmailScreens.PNG

Games:
    Moved add/remove games to the top right corner of the screen as a + button
    Added Favorite Games listed first, then the All Games list
    Changed layout to support 3 rows instead of 2

Screenshots:

GamesScreens.PNG

Info:
    Moved values (percentages) so they are indented a bit from their label and resized percentage bar to match

Screenshots:

SystemInfoScreen.png

Music:
    Created new tile style
    Programs linked on 1st page now show their associated program icon
    Add Item on 1st page is now separated a bit further from the program links and has a smaller font

Screenshots:

MusicScreens.PNG

People:
    Enabled up to 12 favorite contacts per page
    Added bottom menu with Add Favorite, Remove Favorite, and Search Contacts
    Added All Contacts list on page 2
    Added Unread SMS messages on page 3

Screenshots:

PeopleScreens1.PNG

PeopleScreens2.PNG

Pictures:
    Moved Take Picture button to camera button on 1st page just under the header
    Changed thumbnails so that all are the same width and height
    Added Make Video button to the bottom menu bar

Screenshots:

PicturesScreen.png

Settings:
    Added Advanced Settings option to the bottom of the General page which opens the ThrottleLauncher screen
    Fixed clock format caption being backwards
    Modified to update clock widget when time format is changed

Screenshots:

SettingsScreens.PNG

SMS:
    Added unread messages count to header area
    Added cleaner header image
    Unread messages are in a larger font and are bolded
    The sms message is in the same color as the selected theme tile color

Screenshots:

MessagesScreen.png

TaskManager:
    Moved 'Tap here to clean up memory' to the bottom of screen using menu bar style
    Fixed memory icon not showing up next to clean memory text
    Changed tile icon

Screenshots:

TaskManagerScreen.png

Weather:
    Created new tile style
    Used color images
    Repositioned items in the header
    Added black border line to the bottom of the header area

Screenshots:

WeatherScreens.PNG

Download Links:

All MODs formatted to show the built in Windows Mobile 6 top notification bar: http://www.codeconqueror.com/files/wm7tp/WP7TL_AllMods_WM6NotBar.zip

All MODs preserving the Windows Phone 7 notification bar that came with the theme: http://www.codeconqueror.com/files/wm7tp/WP7TL_AllMods_WM7NotBar.zip

Installation: Extract the contents of the ZIP file and copy them to the '\Program Files\ThrottleLauncher' folder in your phone's internal memory from your PC (DO NOT COPY FROM SD CARD) and replace any existing files. Restart ThrottleLauncher (or reboot your phone).

I am still trying to figure out why TL crashes when SMS and emails are deleted (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't). Unfortunately I have had no luck. So if anyone can please help figure out what it is and pass that information along I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried email mods made by other users but theirs have the same problem.
    New / Customized Widgets

MODs / Widgets sourced from other authors:

Clock Widget - This is derived from the clock widget from HeadHunter2009's SenseUI mods for this theme (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=880727). It displays the time and battery status and takes you to the Time/Alarms screen when pressed.

Mail Widget - This is derived from the email widget by pth6 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9580766&postcount=43). For a description of what this mod does see post 2 above.

Mail Widget Settings - This is derived from the email widget settings provided by defante (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=924182). It allows you to set the max number of emails displayed.

SMS Widget - This is derived from the SMS widget by pth6 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9580766&postcount=43). For a description of what this mod does see post 2 above.

SMS Widget Settings - This is derived from the SMS widget settings provided by defante (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=924182). It allows you to set the max number of SMS messages displayed.

Task Manager Widget - This is derived from the Task Manager widget by pth6 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9580766&postcount=43). I have added a nicer styled header, tweaked the page to work with my notification bar mod (see post 2 for more details on my notification bar mod), and moved the 'Tap here to free memory' button to the bottom of the page with the icon showing and its background the same as other bottom of screen menu items and I've increased the size of the fonts for program titles. For more info and screenshots of what this mod does see post 2 above.

Weather Widget - This is derived from the Weather widget by pth6 (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9580766&postcount=43). This modification implements the colorful icons provided by DavidinCT (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10002636&postcount=281) and adjusts formatting a bit. For more info and screenshots of what this mod does see post 2 above.

Recommended MODs / Apps / Tweaks:

1) EnergyROM build 29007 w/ Sencity Theme (this is the HD2 thread since that's what I use): http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=591784

2) Metro / WM7 styled EZ Input keyboard: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=892438

3) Metro themed lock screen: http://www.mobilitynews.net/?p=11018

4) XDAShutdown w/ WP7 theme:
    XDAShutdown: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=544016
    WP7 Theme (bottom of 2nd post): http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9788963&postcount=2
    FAQ

FAQs:

1)
    Q =
    I can't find the ThrottleLauncher settings! What did you do?!?
    A = From the home page, open the bottom menu bar, click the 4th icon (gear), this brings you to the Setting screen, go to the last option on the General page.

2)
    Q =
    Everytime I load the theme ThrottleLauncher crashes and I can't use it. What happened?
    A = This is common from what I can tell. Just uninstall ThrottleLauncher from Remove Programs, make sure your ThrottleLauncher folder is completely gone. Then, reinstall ThrottleLauncher. Install FireSlave's WP7 theme (COPY THE FILES FROM YOUR PC TO THE DEVICE MEMORY, DO NOT STORE IT ON THE SD CARD), then apply my mods, configure ThrottleLauncher, reboot your phone and then customize your home page.

3)
    Q =
    You took away my hard coded shortcuts from the top of the Programs list! You bastard! Give them back!!
    A = Yes, I did remove those hard coded links but you can now click on the + symbol (top right corner) on the Programs page and choose your own list of favorite shortcuts to have at the top of the list.

4)
    Q =
    The 1st spot for a picture to appear on the 1st page of Pictures is always blank.
    A = I'm not sure why this is happening just yet but I am working to resolve it. All of your pictures will show up, but the 1st spot of the 1st page is not being filled for some reason. If anyone can shed some light, please let me know.

5)
    Q =
    Did you write this theme or the widgets you include?
    A = No. Fireslave made the theme and many other users have made some of the great hubs/mods/tiles that I then proceeded to modify to suit my needs and fix bugs that I've found. I have provided links and proper credit to the original authors in the 1st and 3rd posts. If you find that I missed someone or something, please PM me so I can make it right.

6)
    Q =
    What if I take one of your MODs and improve it, fix a bug, or tweak it a little? How can I share this with everyone?
    A = The ideal way would be for you to PM me about it so I can incorporate it (I may or may not do this depending on if I like your MOD and find it stable to use) and add a post to this forum to let other users know about it.

7)
    Q =
    OOOOHH OOOHHH, I have an idea, it's a good one! Do it! Do it now!
    A = If you've got an idea for another MOD, widget, or way to improve what I've already done, PM me about it, I love getting feedback. I may or may not like your idea so don't be hurt if I don't run with it, but in most cases I'm happy to provide something you'll find useful.

8)
    Q =
    ThrottleLauncher crashes sometimes when I delete SMS or email messages.
    A = I am still trying to figure out why TL crashes when SMS and emails are deleted (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't). Unfortunately I have had no luck. So if anyone can please help figure out what it is and pass that information along I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried email mods made by other users but theirs have the same problem.
    To Do List

TO DO:

People Page:
    1) Make the add/remove favorite toolbar only visible on the 1st page or change the toolbar's items depending on what page is being viewed.

Pictures Page:
    1) Add new 1st page for Tasks with 'take a picture', 'make a video', 'open album viewer', or 'open MYPHOTOSITEHERE.COM' (replacing MYPHOTOSITEHERE.COM with whatever description is entered for a web url that will trigger the default browser to that page). The 2nd page will list the photo thumbnails as it currently does.

2) Fix problem when viewing pictures, the 1st picture spot is empty (but only on the first page)

Programs page:
    1) Add top, bottom, page up and page down functionality to easily navigate large programs list

General:
    1) Show next appointment on Clock widget

2) Isolate and resolve cause of random shutdowns of ThrottleLauncher (especially noticeable when deleting text messages and emails)

I am still trying to figure out why TL crashes when SMS and emails are deleted (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't). Unfortunately I have had no luck. So if anyone can please help figure out what it is and pass that information along I would greatly appreciate it. I have tried email mods made by other users but theirs have the same problem.