• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[theme] More skins for JB Sense 4+ Lite Part III (23 May 2013)

Search This thread

Reja87

Nov 1, 2009
Are you sure you install the right skin for Stock JB ? If so, which one ?
Any skins from my custom ROMs thread won't work on Stock JB.

Hi,

i installed "Breathless"-Skin from the first page. I hope i got the right rom on my device. Its the lates firmware released from htc without any modifications or root.

The skin works but to be honest i dont like it, so i want to delete it :D .

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
The skin does not appear in the App-List.
The skin works but to be honest i dont like it, so i want to delete it :D .

First you said something and now a different thing :eek:

Any skins you downloaded from any thread in XDA, you can't uninstall it when your ROM is unrooted. You can only do a factory reset and lose all data.

Also you can't uninstall any skin downloaded from Play Store with the phone uninstall function but you can uninstall using the Play Store uninstall feature.

Reja87

Nov 1, 2009
First you said something and now a different thing :eek:

Any skins you downloaded from any thread in XDA, you can't uninstall it when your ROM is unrooted. You can only do a factory reset and lose all data.

Also you can't uninstall any skin downloaded from Play Store with the phone uninstall function but you can uninstall using the Play Store uninstall feature.

Hi,

no i thought that the skin would behave like an App so i can uninstall it via the normal function. With "working" i mean i can apply the skin via the theme-picker from sense.

Ok its sad, but then i have to live with the skin on my phone :D . Thx for the info!

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Ok its sad, but then i have to live with the skin on my phone :D . Thx for the info!

No choice without root.

HTC removed the skin uninstaller from personalize since Sense 4.1, Sense 4.0 and below are ok. Not only that, since Sense 4.1, HTC implemented some codes that skins can't be installed on various devices but only skin that specific to that device. Not like in Sense 4.0 and below you can install any skin from any device.

Delta-flasher

Dec 15, 2010
You can do it on your own. Just take lockscreen_ring.png from other skin that you like and drag to res/drawable-hdpi of the skin that you want to mod then sign the apk.

I can't do this now as I'm busy with other project.

Thanks for the tip.

Anyone to test? I don't have my phone today...

Attachments

• TheEpiphany_Stock_Ring_4+.apk
    2 MB · Views: 75

Will_Xda

Sep 29, 2012
Leicester
www.youtube.com
@ckpv5 you're pretty much the go to guy with this stuff (htc sense themes) on the whole of xda, I kid you not
So my question is, i've just made/ported/edit a theme a for sense Ics, how do I make it Jelly bean compatible... Or do I redo it all again? Thanks for all the help with this

Sent from my HTC Desire X

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
@ckpv5 you're pretty much the go to guy with this stuff (htc sense themes) on the whole of xda, I kid you not
So my question is, i've just made/ported/edit a theme a for sense Ics, how do I make it Jelly bean compatible... Or do I redo it all again? Thanks for all the help with this

Sent from my HTC Desire X

It's best to redo it all again.

Reason is you need to decompile the ICS one then recompile it with new API level for JB compatibility. Also change its AndroidManifest.xml and only maybe 70% files from ICS that you can use in JB skin.

So it is best to redo based on a JB skin.. and replace with you files that you made for ICS.

Reactions: Will_Xda

Top Liked Posts