[THEME] **OLD** BlackFroyo Final for JK2/Obsidian v5 or earlier**12/06/10**

Search This thread

Samcrow

Sep 13, 2009
SJ, UT
BLACKFROYO in it's Final Stage

I present to you my personal blended/kanged/port of Black n Bold by theBowers at DroidForums.net mixed with my personal style and now called BlackFroyo. This is not a ROM, it's a flashable theme. I am using it on Obsidian v5 Beta (confirmed working on other froyo roms listed below install instructions).

BlackFroyo for Nero v3 go here

Gallery for more pics HERE

CAP201012031043.jpg
CAP2010120310412.jpg
CAP201012041654.jpg

CAP201012041633.jpg
CAP2010120416332.jpg
CAP2010120409001.jpg

CAP201012040901.jpg
CAP2010112913591.jpg
CAP2010120417151.jpg

CAP2010120222001.jpg
CAP201012040902.jpg
CAP2010120409031.jpg

DOWNLOADS: NOT JK6 READY

• DOWNLOAD BLACKFROYO Update HERE
    PLEASE READ CHANGELOG 12/04/10

• DOWNLOAD BLACKFROYO 1st time download HERE
    (INCLUDES THE UPDATES 12/04/10)

OPTIONAL METAMORPH DOWNLOADS:

• METAMORPH THEME FOR TRANSPARENT NOTIFICATION PULLDOWN HERE

• METAMORPH THEME FOR STOCK ANIMATIONS HERE

BLACKFROYO FOR CM6.1 BETA KANG READY
  • DOWNLOAD HERE
  • Gallery Pics found HERE

[*]WARNING - ONLY TESTED ON EUGENE373's CM6.1 Beta Kang found
    HERE. Try this theme at your own risk on this and/or any other ROM.

Install Instructions:

Make a nandroid backup - it's always better to be safe than sorry.

I have based this theme off of Obsidian v4.2/v5 Beta and Auxura 2.05 frameworks and .jar files. I take no credit for anything ROM related. All credit is due to the Devs listed below. As mentioned before, this is just a theme, not a ROM. If any of you are brave enough to try on other roms that is your choice. I am in no way responsible for you breaking your phones.

To install this theme just download the .zip file and flash it through clockwork recovery.

I am currently running Eugene373's CM6.1 Beta Kang Rom and using my ported BlackFroyoCM version.

Edit: Confirmed working on:
  • Obsidian v4.2
  • Obsidian v3
  • Onyx 4.2
  • Axura 2.0.3
  • Axura 2.0.4
  • Axura 2.0.5
  • Axura 2.0.6
  • Macnut R12

Changelog for BlackFroyo:

Known Issues:
  • Call settings/all calls/call status tones cause force close - turn off this feature.
  • Outgoing call vibration works. If it doesn't it could be your rom, it's not the theme.

12/06/10
  • This changelog only applies to the BlackFroyoCM.zip
  • Uploaded ported version made for Eugene's CM6.1 Beta Kang as that is the current rom that my Vibrant is rocking
  • If you have issues with googlevoice.apk or deskclock.apk delete the preinstalled ones that came with the rom and extract my versions from the zip and throw them in your system/app folder and reboot

12/04/10
  • Added new pics above and in picassa gallery
  • Edited framework-res.apk (cleaned up some .png's, fixed black stars for market ratings, themed epic lockscreen icon, other minor fixes)
  • Edited twframework-res.apk (cleaned up some minor things)
  • Themed dialertabactivity.apk and phone.apk (now complete and match theme; see above pics)
  • Themed mms.apk, now looks awesome IMO. If you don't like it then don't use it
  • Updated/themed new Facebook.apk
  • Updated/themed new Googlevoice.apk
  • Added/themed new GenieWidget.apk
  • Updated/themed new BlackFroyoClock.apk (in pics above - Harley Willey G Skull)
  • Added Blackwallpaper.zip has a bunch of cool wallpapers, unzip and enjoy
  • A lot of other things I can't remember (it's been a week's worth of work). I feel this theme is now complete and might be time to move on to something else; even though this is my daily used theme.[/COLOR]

11/29/10
  • Added new pics above
  • Edited twframework-res.apk (edits made tab in dialer black like theme)
  • Edited notification pulldown bar (cleaned up the GALAXY S logo) removed droid guy.
  • Themed dialertabactivity.apk and phone.apk (see above pics)
  • Themed HTC_IME keyboard. I don't like swype and HTC_IME is my preferred keyboard
  • Other minor edits

11/27/10
  • Added METAMORPH option to have the same notification pulldown bar as pictured above except with the original transparent pulldown.
  • Download morph zip file to sd and install via METAMORPH.
  • Make sure your USB debugging is enabled otherwise it will sit there forever doing nothing and waste your time.
  • METAMORPH theme includes .png edits only for transparent pulldown, it will need to be flashed after you have applied the main theme zip.
  • Also added METAMORPH option to go back to stock animations
  • Stock animations METAMORPH theme includes animations only, you will need to flash it after you've applied the main theme.

11/26/10
  • Theme now only includes custom animations (too hard to keep seperate downloads w/stock and w/custom)
  • New screen shots above - link to gallery for more pics
  • Updated Notification Pulldown (see pics above) completely black and added my custom made pulldown bar with GALAXY S logo
  • Two choices for downloading - 1st timer (includes everything including updates) and Updated version (includes only updates)
  • Edited framework and twframework .png images
  • Edited gmail.apk icon to match theme
  • Edited touchwiz30launcher.apk .png images to match theme (folder icons)

11/24/10
  • Took feedback from thread and incorporated many changes listed below:
  • Now includes 4 lockscreen option and reboot/download/recovery options in power menu
  • Update includes custom animations - no stock animation option for now
  • Now built in "White Circle" battery mod by GTO777, their thread is HERE
  • Changed pull down notification toggle switch icons
  • Changed status notification bar to all black
  • Settings.apk - edited .png images
  • Mms.apk - edited notification icons
  • Dialertabactivity.apk - minor .png edits
  • Phone.apk - .png edits (see pics) answer/reject sliders themed
  • Contacts.apk - themed icon
  • Still working on completing theme for Phone.apk and Dialertabactivity.apk - update later this week on these
  • Maybe more... can't remember I stayed up till 3:00am. Hope you like - Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!
11/22/10
  • New screen shots above
  • Now have two options: BlackFroyo with stock animations and BlackFroyo with custom animations - safe to flash over previously installed version
  • Browser.apk - minor changes
  • TouchWiz30Launcher.apk - minor changes (if you don't want it just delete after install with root explorer)
  • Settings.apk - minor changes
  • Vending.apk - See screen shot for changes
  • DialerTabActivity.apk - minor changes
  • CalendarProvider.apk
  • Contacts.apk
  • DialerTabActivity.apk
  • Gmail.apk
  • GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
  • Mms.apk
  • SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.apk - made transparent
  • youtube.apk
  • Framework-res.apk - minor changes to .png images
  • twframework-res.apk - fixed silent icon from rom default when in actual silent mode
  • Added Launcher-Pro icons/docks that seem to fit this theme (for those LP users out there)
11/20/10
  • Added installable apk links below
11/19/10
  • Included custome transition animations from M@XLOL's morph
  • My custom notification pulldown with pressed highlight
  • Themed apks:
  • Browser.apk
  • TouchWiz30Launcher.apk - icon only
  • Settings.apk
  • Vending.apk
  • DialerTabActivity.apk

Installable Apk's: Credit goes to theBowers over at Droidforums.net
Just install as a normal app, they are signed. If you have the old one you will need to uninstall first.

CAP201012041135.jpg

CAP201012031042.jpg

LauncherPro stuff:
Just save the pics or download this .zip folder here and extract and install with Launcher Pro.

Docks:

dock_bg_froyo_wide1.png
dock_bg_froyo_wide.png

Dock Drawers:

all_apps_button_normal.png
AppIconOverlay.png
ic_settings_applications.png
file-7.png

CREDIT, RESPECT AND MANY SPECIAL THANKS TO:
  • Sombionix and Team Whiskey - For their awesome custom roms
  • Master - For their awesome Axura rom
  • Eugene373 - For a lot of things and right now for his CM6.1 Beta Kang found
    HERE
  • theBowers - For their Black N Bold theme to port/kang over to our Vibrants
  • s0niqu3 - For some of her framework-res/twframework-res files and xml edits from her theme here
  • M@XLOL - Custom Transition Animations
  • freekyfrogy - For their Darkstar theme that was helpful for me to port/kang some of the xml edits.
  • GTO777- For their White\Gray\Etc Circle Battery Morph found HERE
  • Stericson- For his SignApkTic app found in the Market
  • gIMpSTa- HTC_IME High/Low Res v27 custom skin generator online! HERE
  • cjkholt- For his help with compiling apk's and help signing them.

Attachments

• blackwallpaper.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 634
  • Facebook.apk
    1.9 MB · Views: 248
  • blackgooglevoice.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 183
  • GenieWidget.apk
    575.3 KB · Views: 231
  • blackdeskclock.apk
    293.4 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:

diaa08

Jan 2, 2009
Los Angeles
im going to be brave/reckless and try this on auxura 2.04... report back, but i anticipate problems...

EDIT: actually worked, hung on first boot but battery pull reset worked, now works flawlessly. i like the look, good work OP. might leave this on for a bit just to test more. nice to see themes for froyo roms out and that devs aren't making their builds needlessly incompatible.

Last edited:

Jacosta

Aug 26, 2010
Jersey City
Worked on Onyx thanks so much for sharing. Love it simple and clean. Only problem was I got Tw back. How do I uninstall touchwhiz?
Edit: I just deleted the tw apk lol duh
Samsung Vibrant Onyx 4.2 Uf Overkill

s0niqu3

Feb 23, 2005
removed, go on thinking I'm a "douche" or whatever

Last edited:

Samcrow

Sep 13, 2009
SJ, UT
Hi,

It looks like you've used my framework-res.apk and twframework-res.apk for the base of your theme, and I can tell, because you didn't even bother to chance the gps acquiring animation, the sync animation mod, or revert my changes to the stat_sys_battery.xml and stat_sys_battery_charge.xml or tons of my png file edits.

Cheers

Edit:
I didn't take anything from your mods. I clearly state that i've ported this from the Obsidian v4.2 rom, the Black N Bold theme and some xml edits from freekyfroggy. If any of their frameworks included your work than that's where it came from.

Don't take it personal. I'm just trying to share since there are a lot of users here that don't have the time or know how to create/port/kang themes. If you feel like I was disrespecting you that is not my intentions. You should PM me if you have issues. Android is "open source", that's why I love it so much. I believe you and I have a mutual goal so to speak, which is to help other Android/Vibrant lovers maximize their user experience. I respect themers like you, i'm not trying to gain anything from this thread, only to share and collect/collaborate ideas to better our daily use with this phone.
Cheers to you!

Last edited:

rizoh66

Apr 23, 2007
Salt City, Utah
Thanks for this theme, looks great! Oh and thanks to everyone else who put their hard work and efforts into this... Including s0niqu3

Last edited:

Samcrow

Sep 13, 2009
SJ, UT
removed, go on thinking I'm a "douche" or whatever

It is what it is. I still didn't steal anything from you so I have no guilt or remorse. Thank you, however for removing your post in my thread. I do understand where you are coming from. Good luck on your endeavors away from XDA!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

daleandla

May 6, 2008
Just installed it on my Vibrant running Axura 2.0.3 and it works like a charm.
Thanks to whoever made this possible, I really like it.

I too took the plunge running Axura 2.0.3 and this is sweet! The only bummer is that Axura already had sweet transitions but were changed with this theme. Any way to get it without the transitions? Just install each .apk seperate? Very, very nice work. Super sexy. :)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

TheAdictsPunk

Oct 5, 2009
Edit:
I didn't take anything from your mods. I clearly state that i've ported this from the Obsidian v4.2 rom, the Black N Bold theme and some xml edits from freekyfroggy. If any of their frameworks included your work than that's where it came from.

Don't take it personal. I'm just trying to share since there are a lot of users here that don't have the time or know how to create/port/kang themes. If you feel like I was disrespecting you that is not my intentions. You should PM me if you have issues. Android is "open source", that's why I love it so much. I believe you and I have a mutual goal so to speak, which is to help other Android/Vibrant lovers maximize their user experience. I respect themers like you, i'm not trying to gain anything from this thread, only to share and collect/collaborate ideas to better our daily use with this phone.
Cheers to you!

Amen

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BLACKFROYO in it's Final Stage

I present to you my personal blended/kanged/port of Black n Bold by theBowers at DroidForums.net mixed with my personal style and now called BlackFroyo. This is not a ROM, it's a flashable theme. I am using it on Obsidian v5 Beta (confirmed working on other froyo roms listed below install instructions).

BlackFroyo for Nero v3 go here

Gallery for more pics HERE

CAP201012031043.jpg
    CAP2010120310412.jpg
    CAP201012041654.jpg

CAP201012041633.jpg
    CAP2010120416332.jpg
    CAP2010120409001.jpg

CAP201012040901.jpg
    CAP2010112913591.jpg
    CAP2010120417151.jpg

CAP2010120222001.jpg
    CAP201012040902.jpg
    CAP2010120409031.jpg

DOWNLOADS: NOT JK6 READY

• DOWNLOAD BLACKFROYO Update HERE
      PLEASE READ CHANGELOG 12/04/10

• DOWNLOAD BLACKFROYO 1st time download HERE
      (INCLUDES THE UPDATES 12/04/10)

OPTIONAL METAMORPH DOWNLOADS:

• METAMORPH THEME FOR TRANSPARENT NOTIFICATION PULLDOWN HERE

• METAMORPH THEME FOR STOCK ANIMATIONS HERE

BLACKFROYO FOR CM6.1 BETA KANG READY
    • DOWNLOAD HERE
    • Gallery Pics found HERE

[*]WARNING - ONLY TESTED ON EUGENE373's CM6.1 Beta Kang found
      HERE. Try this theme at your own risk on this and/or any other ROM.

Install Instructions:

Make a nandroid backup - it's always better to be safe than sorry.

I have based this theme off of Obsidian v4.2/v5 Beta and Auxura 2.05 frameworks and .jar files. I take no credit for anything ROM related. All credit is due to the Devs listed below. As mentioned before, this is just a theme, not a ROM. If any of you are brave enough to try on other roms that is your choice. I am in no way responsible for you breaking your phones.

To install this theme just download the .zip file and flash it through clockwork recovery.

I am currently running Eugene373's CM6.1 Beta Kang Rom and using my ported BlackFroyoCM version.

Edit: Confirmed working on:
    • Obsidian v4.2
    • Obsidian v3
    • Onyx 4.2
    • Axura 2.0.3
    • Axura 2.0.4
    • Axura 2.0.5
    • Axura 2.0.6
    • Macnut R12

Changelog for BlackFroyo:

Known Issues:
    • Call settings/all calls/call status tones cause force close - turn off this feature.
    • Outgoing call vibration works. If it doesn't it could be your rom, it's not the theme.

12/06/10
    • This changelog only applies to the BlackFroyoCM.zip
    • Uploaded ported version made for Eugene's CM6.1 Beta Kang as that is the current rom that my Vibrant is rocking
    • If you have issues with googlevoice.apk or deskclock.apk delete the preinstalled ones that came with the rom and extract my versions from the zip and throw them in your system/app folder and reboot

12/04/10
    • Added new pics above and in picassa gallery
    • Edited framework-res.apk (cleaned up some .png's, fixed black stars for market ratings, themed epic lockscreen icon, other minor fixes)
    • Edited twframework-res.apk (cleaned up some minor things)
    • Themed dialertabactivity.apk and phone.apk (now complete and match theme; see above pics)
    • Themed mms.apk, now looks awesome IMO. If you don't like it then don't use it
    • Updated/themed new Facebook.apk
    • Updated/themed new Googlevoice.apk
    • Added/themed new GenieWidget.apk
    • Updated/themed new BlackFroyoClock.apk (in pics above - Harley Willey G Skull)
    • Added Blackwallpaper.zip has a bunch of cool wallpapers, unzip and enjoy
    • A lot of other things I can't remember (it's been a week's worth of work). I feel this theme is now complete and might be time to move on to something else; even though this is my daily used theme.[/COLOR]

11/29/10
    • Added new pics above
    • Edited twframework-res.apk (edits made tab in dialer black like theme)
    • Edited notification pulldown bar (cleaned up the GALAXY S logo) removed droid guy.
    • Themed dialertabactivity.apk and phone.apk (see above pics)
    • Themed HTC_IME keyboard. I don't like swype and HTC_IME is my preferred keyboard
    • Other minor edits

11/27/10
    • Added METAMORPH option to have the same notification pulldown bar as pictured above except with the original transparent pulldown.
    • Download morph zip file to sd and install via METAMORPH.
    • Make sure your USB debugging is enabled otherwise it will sit there forever doing nothing and waste your time.
    • METAMORPH theme includes .png edits only for transparent pulldown, it will need to be flashed after you have applied the main theme zip.
    • Also added METAMORPH option to go back to stock animations
    • Stock animations METAMORPH theme includes animations only, you will need to flash it after you've applied the main theme.

11/26/10
    • Theme now only includes custom animations (too hard to keep seperate downloads w/stock and w/custom)
    • Updated Notification Pulldown (see pics above) completely black and added my custom made pulldown bar with GALAXY S logo
    • Two choices for downloading - 1st timer (includes everything including updates) and Updated version (includes only updates)
    • Edited gmail.apk icon to match theme
    • Edited touchwiz30launcher.apk .png images to match theme (folder icons)

11/24/10
    • Took feedback from thread and incorporated many changes listed below:
    • Now includes 4 lockscreen option and reboot/download/recovery options in power menu
    • Update includes custom animations - no stock animation option for now
    • Now built in "White Circle" battery mod by GTO777, their thread is HERE
    • Changed pull down notification toggle switch icons
    • Changed status notification bar to all black
    • Settings.apk - edited .png images
    • Mms.apk - edited notification icons
    • Dialertabactivity.apk - minor .png edits
    • Phone.apk - .png edits (see pics) answer/reject sliders themed
    • Contacts.apk - themed icon
    • Still working on completing theme for Phone.apk and Dialertabactivity.apk - update later this week on these
    • Maybe more... can't remember I stayed up till 3:00am. Hope you like - Have a happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    11/22/10
    • New screen shots above
    • Now have two options: BlackFroyo with stock animations and BlackFroyo with custom animations - safe to flash over previously installed version
    • Browser.apk - minor changes
    • TouchWiz30Launcher.apk - minor changes (if you don't want it just delete after install with root explorer)
    • Settings.apk - minor changes
    • Vending.apk - See screen shot for changes
    • DialerTabActivity.apk - minor changes
    • CalendarProvider.apk
    • Contacts.apk
    • DialerTabActivity.apk
    • Gmail.apk
    • GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
    • Mms.apk
    • SamsungWidget_ProgramMonitor.apk - made transparent
    • youtube.apk
    • Framework-res.apk - minor changes to .png images
    • twframework-res.apk - fixed silent icon from rom default when in actual silent mode
    • Added Launcher-Pro icons/docks that seem to fit this theme (for those LP users out there)
    11/20/10
    • Added installable apk links below
    11/19/10
    • Included custome transition animations from M@XLOL's morph
    • My custom notification pulldown with pressed highlight
    • Themed apks:
    • Browser.apk
    • TouchWiz30Launcher.apk - icon only
    • Settings.apk
    • Vending.apk
    • DialerTabActivity.apk

Installable Apk's: Credit goes to theBowers over at Droidforums.net
    Just install as a normal app, they are signed. If you have the old one you will need to uninstall first.

CAP201012041135.jpg

CAP201012031042.jpg

LauncherPro stuff:
    Just save the pics or download this .zip folder here and extract and install with Launcher Pro.

Docks:

dock_bg_froyo_wide1.png
    dock_bg_froyo_wide.png

Dock Drawers:

all_apps_button_normal.png
    AppIconOverlay.png
    ic_settings_applications.png
    file-7.png

CREDIT, RESPECT AND MANY SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    • Sombionix and Team Whiskey - For their awesome custom roms
    • Master - For their awesome Axura rom
    • Eugene373 - For a lot of things and right now for his CM6.1 Beta Kang found
      HERE
    • theBowers - For their Black N Bold theme to port/kang over to our Vibrants
    • s0niqu3 - For some of her framework-res/twframework-res files and xml edits from her theme here
    • M@XLOL - Custom Transition Animations
    • freekyfrogy - For their Darkstar theme that was helpful for me to port/kang some of the xml edits.
    • GTO777- For their White\Gray\Etc Circle Battery Morph found HERE
    • Stericson- For his SignApkTic app found in the Market
    • gIMpSTa- HTC_IME High/Low Res v27 custom skin generator online! HERE
    • cjkholt- For his help with compiling apk's and help signing them.
    I appreciate everyone's comments and feedback. I have been extremely busy with work and have been unable to do any theming/porting to the newer roms that have been released. My company is going through layoffs and I'm in the middle of keeping my job with some new changes and preparing some of my employees to take their severance. My wife is also pregnant with our 3rd child and is due in a couple of weeks. I am not writing this to gain sympathy or anything like that. I have no fear that my company will keep me on. I just want everyone to know that I am really preoccupied with my work/family life. I promise that I read all reply's and PM's and will slowly get things working and release updates in the future, most likely after the new year. Thanks for being such great followers and for enjoying this theme.
    Hey Sam, is there going to be a new blackfacebook app to match the theme? Facebook has updated to include chat and push notifications, so I had to download that, and it just doesn't fit with the theme. I need it and very happy they have added it, which makes it really almost complete now, but it sucks not having it in black.

thanks

Same here, any plans on the new facebook

Here you go, there are some xml files that are different and I haven't had time to edit them so the widget looks like blackfroyo for now but the app once it's open has a white background but everything else looks like the blackfroyo version.
    Theme is awesome, Love it. I have it running on Oynix R4.2 ULF. Only issue is FC's with messigning and will not let me send out any texts.

Sorry you're having issues, I can send text just fine, unable to recreate your issue. Try running a fix permissions.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk
    Hey guys, pardon the "noob" question, as i am about as noob as they come... how do i go about pushing the facebook.apk so i will have the new BLACK facebook? Im not using root explorer, however i do have super manager which has an apk manager and root access.... just not sure how to get the new facebook pushed and installed, never done an app this way, any help would be great

"Pushing" generally refers to using adb (a tool in the Android SDK). If you've downloaded the SDK, and have this tool, the command would be (assuming facebook.apk and adb are in the same dir):

adb push facebook.apk /system/app

adb reboot

As mentioned, though, Root Explorer copy pasta followed by reboot will get you the same end result for many basic apps.

Edit: Also, you need to be in either USB Debugging mode or in recovery (I recommend recovery) when using adb.