• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[THEME] Paint It Black for EMUI 5 (black, white accent, last updated 14/05/2017)

Search This thread

mr.mrcn

Jul 28, 2014
Lhasa
Hello Everyone,

My new project - Paint It Black for EMUI 5 !

It will be, next to Dark Bloom, my second flagship theme. The goal is: full black, stock feeling, get rid of the blue! :)

paintitblack_prev0.png

paintitblack_prev1.png

paintitblack_prev2.png

Changelog:

2017-05-14 Version 1.0
- EMUI 5 and 5.1 ready
- modified most of the system apps

2017-02-21 beta 1:
- fully modified at this moment: dialer, contacts, messages, settings, calculator, theme manager
- black apps backgrounds, white accent
- desaturated pixel icon pack

Tested on P10 VTR-L29. Please test and report any bugs / glitches.

Installation:
- download and install EMUI Themes Factory app from the Google Play
- find your theme and install from the app
- enjoy

Any suggestions are welcome ;) If you like it, don't hesitate to hit 'Thanks' button :cool:

Download from my app in the Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emuithemesfactory.emuithemesfactory

Last edited:

Morgan_sound

Dec 4, 2016
Hello Everyone,

It will be, next to Dark Bloom, my second flagship theme. The goal is: full black, stock feeling, get rid of the blue! :)

Changelog:

2017-02-21 beta 1:
- fully modified: dialer, contacts, messages, settings, calculator, theme manager

Tested on P9 EVA-AL10. Please test and report any bugs / glitches.

Installation:
- put .hwt file into HWThemes folder (internal or external memory)

Any suggestions are welcome ;) If you like it, don't hesitate to hit 'Thanks' button :cool:

Download is here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120709865

Great job?

Akinaro

Sep 14, 2013
bugs:
Permissions, voice control, battery, network messages sections in settings are white.
There is few blue elements, like for example "auto" selection near brightness slider in notification panel.

Also few tips:
Lower slightly brightness of inactive icons in notification panel and inactive buttons(those smaller sliders with white dot in settings), just a little bit, because in direct sunlight its hard to see if its on or off.
And maybe dim a bit icons in settings to fit main icons?

Beside that perfect theme! Nice work.
Still I would love to see the same theme just with few red addons(i just like red... :D )

mr.mrcn

Jul 28, 2014
Lhasa
bugs:
Permissions, voice control, battery, network messages sections in settings are white.
There is few blue elements, like for example "auto" selection near brightness slider in notification panel.

Also few tips:
Lower slightly brightness of inactive icons in notification panel and inactive buttons(those smaller sliders with white dot in settings), just a little bit, because in direct sunlight its hard to see if its on or off.
And maybe dim a bit icons in settings to fit main icons?

Beside that perfect theme! Nice work.
Still I would love to see the same theme just with few red addons(i just like red... :D )

Permissions, voice control, battery, network messages sections in settings are white - it's not settings, it's different apps ;) Stay tuned, all will be themed.
Treat it like a preview, it's first beta ;)

Red will be next... ;)

eiraku

Oct 22, 2007
Dat wallpaper though. Very 'Nam.

*playing Rolling Stones in the background*

The desat pixel icons are nice too. Again, nice work man. Keep it up!

Personally I'm waiting for more updates to Red Planet though, as I'm more a red-black kinda guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: mr.mrcn

she3py

Jul 12, 2013
haifa
Love the dark clean look, great job!
Two suggestions: the status bar toggles seem a little hard to differentiate which toggle is on and which is off, maybe if you manage somehow to sharpen the contrast between on and off would be amazing.
The other suggestion or maybe just a personal preference so do as you see fit, i would've liked the icons to be more colorful, not so faded. Love the theme thank you for your work :)

Sent from my EVA-L09 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

mr.mrcn

Jul 28, 2014
Lhasa
Love the dark clean look, great job!
Two suggestions: the status bar toggles seem a little hard to differentiate which toggle is on and which is off, maybe if you manage somehow to sharpen the contrast between on and off would be amazing.
The other suggestion or maybe just a personal preference so do as you see fit, i would've liked the icons to be more colorful, not so faded. Love the theme thank you for your work :)

Sent from my EVA-L09 using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Thanks, status bar toogles will be more contrast. Icons are faded specially, but you can always use any other icon pack :)

Reactions: she3py

imentalcase101

Mar 3, 2017
Request for version with default notification shade

Hello, I love the [THEME] Paint It Black for EMUI 5 (black, white accent, last updated 21/02/2017)
But I would like to have the blue in the notification shade icons. If it is at all possible, please release a version where the notification shade hasn't been modified and the messages that appear on the bottom of the screen (like the ones with the circular loading spinner) do not have a white border?

Thank you so much for the theme.

Keep up the great work!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone,

paintitblack_prev0.png

paintitblack_prev1.png

paintitblack_prev2.png

Changelog:

2017-05-14 Version 1.0
    - EMUI 5 and 5.1 ready

2017-02-21 beta 1:
    - fully modified at this moment: dialer, contacts, messages, settings, calculator, theme manager

Tested on P10 VTR-L29. Please test and report any bugs / glitches.

Installation:
    - download and install EMUI Themes Factory app from the Google Play
    - find your theme and install from the app
    - enjoy

Download from my app in the Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emuithemesfactory.emuithemesfactory
    Finally! Enjoy :)

Screens and download in the first post.

2017-05-14 Version 1.0
    - EMUI 5 and 5.1 ready
    Waouu... Paint it black... it's Rock & Roll. Rolling Stones. I like it. :cool:

Yeah, i have to finish it finally! :eek:
    hi there love your theme was lokking for something like that

one small bug the dual sim settings are still white ;)

thats all i found for now

It's not bug, just theme isn't finished ;)