Theme Question

Search This thread

Wolfbreak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 8, 2010
How do i change the Black Background in GApps or Settings and all to a other one like SE have in 2.1 Rom

mrljlamon

Jan 5, 2011
U haven't given the right info about what roms etc that ur using so they can't really help u.

If by gapps u mean the app drawer that can be changed in adw launcher. As far as settings I think u have to do a framework edit?

Sent from my X10i using XDA App

Wolfbreak

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 8, 2010
Android 2.2 i want the Settings or Phone and all with a Picture as Background like Sony Ericsson have in 2.1 instead of the Black Background from stock 2.2

elajnel

Feb 8, 2011
Android 2.2 i want the Settings or Phone and all with a Picture as Background like Sony Ericsson have in 2.1 instead of the Black Background from stock 2.2

No one knows this?

I know that adw can make transparency in the drawers and have the wallpaper of your home screen. it's in the drawer settings -> background color (pick a color then adjust alpha) other than this, I think there's another home launcher that can change drawer bg, i cant remember which one...

Last edited:

AyDee

Sep 30, 2010
Mobile
Check calum's sticky in the theme forum to get familiar with theming in general.

In 2.1, the framework-res.apk you mod is at system/framework/framework-res.apk
Not sure about 2.2, as there are several roms (which 1?) out there & I haven't tried any...
Anyway, find your framework-res.apk & push it to your computer. Now open it up with 7-zip or winrar. Then look in the res/drawable/drawable-hdpi folder (that's in 2.1, may be named differently in 2.2) for the image you want to change by how it is named and the way it looks (dimensions, color,etc). Then take the image you want to replace it with (make sure it has the same dimensions & extension) and drag it into the open archive(apk). Click OK then close the apk. Push it back to your phone & reboot. Sometimes backgrounds will be in other apps in system/app (2.1) for the messaging BGs, etc.

Hope that helps.

chrystel

Aug 27, 2011
Hi,

when can we expect themes for wolf's new tweaked gingerbread? if theres already a theme for it, please direct me where i can download it.. thanks much..

colossus

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 28, 2009
when can we expect themes for wolf's new tweaked gingerbread? if theres already a theme for it, please direct me where i can download it.. thanks much..

Why are you posting to a thread from February:confused: and why not look in the themes forum:confused: