[THEME][ROOT][MAGISK][Android 11]Pixel Theme for AOSP ROMs and MODs for stock ROM

Search This thread

LeAntsy

Nov 14, 2019
I think having this mod dramatically decreases battery life. How's the battery life for everyone?

I like how I dont need to install a custom ROM but the lower battery life is a really big downside. That's why I got it uninstalled. But I really like this mod..

Any tips guys?

Clydeza

Jul 5, 2019
Dark theme is a little off cant change dark theme don't have rom control because I'm on stock can't we get a module just with the stock dark theme
Screenshot_20210504-111006.png

Mouwafak

Jun 18, 2020
I think having this mod dramatically decreases battery life. How's the battery life for everyone?

I like how I dont need to install a custom ROM but the lower battery life is a really big downside. That's why I got it uninstalled. But I really like this mod..

Any tips guys?
I noticed a drain on my end, caused by Android system and OS
Tried formatting and tried wiping dalvik but kept installing this mod
When I saw your comment thought it's because of the theme, so I uninstalled it but I didn't notice any difference
So are you sure it's because of the theme?

Typhus_

Hello!

It seems that May update came with a SystemUI change.

This sucks since all my MODs are now bugged on the status bar.

I will have to figure out what changed and correct all my MODs again.

Yesterday I was able to fix "Fixes_for_MiA3" and "Pixel_for_Android11" modules but "MiA3_MODs" is still bugged.

The phone is now with my kid and he needs it during the day...so I will only be able to pick up where I left yesterday later today.

I don't think it's going to be "that easy" since, yesterday, I still wasted a couple of hours trying to fix it with no luck...most likely I will have to redo the SystemUI modding from scratch...and that just sucks!

It's curious that a minor change does really affect a lot of stuff...I honestly don't know WTF they've changed but, one thing's for sure, it's not a "major feature" or something like that.

Anyway, for the time being I would advise you to just stay on April's build, if you want o use my MODs, obviously...

Cheers!

Typhus_

All MODs have been fixed to properly work with stock ROM May update.

Typhus_Pixel_for_Android11_V18.zip

Typhus_MiA3_Mods_Android11_V15.zip

Typhus_Fixes_for_MiA3_Stock_Android11_V7.zip

I didn't change anything besides making the modules compatible with May update.

I'm sorry but I don't use the device anymore, I have it at home but my older son is the one who uses it. I don't have much time to try and add stuff since my kid uses the phone like...always...

I only test new official builds and try to implement my MODs. If they work, I don't touch anything. If they don't, like it happened with May update, I just try to fix them in order to get them working.

Can't do much else since, as you may understand, to add or correct stuff, it requires time and a lot of trial and error, something which I can't afford lately.

Cheers and enjoy!

Barbiox Dogg

Aug 21, 2012
第三顆行星到太
OnePlus 7 Pro
All MODs have been fixed to properly work with stock ROM May update.

Typhus_Pixel_for_Android11_V18.zip

Typhus_MiA3_Mods_Android11_V15.zip

Typhus_Fixes_for_MiA3_Stock_Android11_V7.zip

I didn't change anything besides making the modules compatible with May update.

I'm sorry but I don't use the device anymore, I have it at home but my older son is the one who uses it. I don't have much time to try and add stuff since my kid uses the phone like...always...

I only test new official builds and try to implement my MODs. If they work, I don't touch anything. If they don't, like it happened with May update, I just try to fix them in order to get them working.

Can't do much else since, as you may understand, to add or correct stuff, it requires time and a lot of trial and error, something which I can't afford lately.

Cheers and enjoy!

My phone goes into bootloop by displaying "Phone is starting" for hours.
I'm using May 2021 build.

bhert01

Oct 6, 2014
My phone goes into bootloop by displaying "Phone is starting" for hours.
I'm using May 2021 build.
I really like this mod but me too got a prob with it... suddenly the phone restarted on its own while charging and got stuck on "pixel starting" for hours.. i only have these modules on my phone, nothing more.. i cant do anything except power off and reboot.. noticed that the power menu also changed when it happened (it kinda looked like from android 9 or 10 menu), reboot wont fix the problem.. and adb cant find the phone for some reason (to remove modules)

Im trying to unroot my phone to see if i can revert to a working phone..

EDIT: i am not sure what happened and if these modules causes it.. (but it fixes the problem when i un-root and remove these modules) i dont have these problems on previous build

Last edited:
Reactions: Barbiox Dogg

wetito

Dec 12, 2014
reggio emilia
Xiaomi Mi A3
I had mee too some problems qith this module on lis 18.1... the only solution for me was reinstall the rom. Because also after module's remove the issue don't go ahead... i'm sorry but i don't remember what didn't work well... But in my case phone boot. But the systemui go up with some issues... If i will retry i will share a nore detailed feedback

BOTROBOTMOD

Dec 3, 2020
Hi. You can fix it in the next version - the alarm clock icon has become the most extreme and cannot be removed, and also the auto-highlight icon is not removed. The most extreme steel icons - vibro, no sound ... It looks not nice and not convenient. :( This is how it works on the official firmware 12.0.15.0

Reactions: Barbiox Dogg

Barbiox Dogg

Aug 21, 2012
第三顆行星到太
OnePlus 7 Pro
@Typhus_ The status bar is broken. The auto-rotate icon stays on the status.
Screenshot_20211029-104541.png

Another bug is whenever I restart the phone, it says "Reboot to safe mode" instead of "Restarting" and when I turn off the phone, it says "Do you want to shut down?" instead of "Shutting down"

PicsArt_10-31-08.06.47.jpg

PicsArt_10-31-08.05.09.jpg

Please kindly fix these bugs. I'm on my October 2021 build.

Last edited:

Typhus_

@Typhus_ The status bar is broken. The auto-rotate icon stays on the status.
View attachment 5446021

Another bug is whenever I restart the phone, it says "Reboot to safe mode" instead of "Restarting" and when I turn off the phone, it says "Do you want to shut down?" instead of "Shutting down"

View attachment 5446031

View attachment 5446033
Please kindly fix these bugs. I'm on my October 2021 build.

I'm sorry for the late reply.

Yes, I will try and fix those issues as soon as I'm able.

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is a Magisk module that ports Pixel theme and some Pixel features to AOSP Android 11 (it should be compatible with all AOSP 11, and close to it, ROMs and devices).

• Don't have Magisk running yet? No problem, just follow THESE instructions. If you're running stock Android 11 ROM 12.0.7.0 for Mi A3, then you just need to follow from step 7 onwards and use THIS Magisk patched boot.img. You can also use TWRP to patch your current boot.img, just check THESE INSTRUCTIONS to understand how to do it.

• In case you're worried about OTAs, and you should since this will most likely break OTA installation, please just read THIS.
    Includes:
    • Pixel Theme Overlay
    • Styles & wallpapers
    • Google Wallpapers ( 2019; 2020 & 2020a ) -> credits to @Pranav Pandey for his work with Google Pixel/2/3/4/a/5 Live Wallpapers
    • Sound Picker
    • Sound Amplifier
    • Markup Google
    • Device Personalization Services
    • Settings shortcuts for all Pixel goodies
    • Google Settings Intelligence
    • Pixel Launcher
    • Quick Access Wallet
    • Google Photos portrait effects
    • Google Recorder
    • Safety Hub
    • Pixel exclusive UI sounds

Bonus features:
    • Google Sans applied system wide
    • Blur background effect
    • Several extra fonts
    • More accent colors
    • Several icon shapes
    • 9 more dark styles besides the default black (use Rom Control App to choose your desired theme, if running stock Mi A3 ROM, or MacroDroid App, if using other)
    • 2 Button bar Navigation (it was missing on Android 11 and I think some people like to use it)
    • Themed boot animation (Requires MacroDroid App and the macro I've shared here to work)

Pixel Theme specific Downloads (for stock Mi A3 Android 11 and/or other ROMs/devices running AOSP ROMs):

Typhus_Pixel_for_Android11_V18.zip <- Pixel Theme with all features mentioned above

The theme should be compatible with all AOSP 11 (or close to it) ROMs. I've decided to split things regarding Pixel Theme and fixes for stock Android 11 since there were users who wanted to use the Theme on other ROMs, rather than stock, and since the fixes were merged on the Theme it would cause some visual conflicts on other ROMs.​

Typhus_auto_dark_mode_and_styles.zip <- Extract the mdr file inside this zip and import it to MacroDroid App.

You really need this for the boot animation to work.​

Notes regarding the Pixel Theme:

1. Don't forget to give all permissions to all apps included on the theme (Pixel Launcher, Sound Picker, Pixel Live Wallpaper Picker, Device Personalization Services, Markup, etc.)

2. Regarding the themed boot animation, I recommend you to, before using the "Auto Dark Based On Daylight" macro, create a backup of your current bootanimation.zip file (just rename it to bootanimation_BKP.zip or something like that, the original file is on /system/media/). If you don't do this, you will lose it!

3. Since Android 11 already has the feature to automatically change the theme based on daylight, you can edit the macro and remove the enable/disable dark theme. Leave only the script that changes the boot animation.

4. If you're not being able to download live wallpapers, please read THIS POST.

Downloads JUST for Mi A3 Android 11 STOCK ROM:

Typhus_MiA3_Mods_Android11_V16.zip <- This module adds custom features to stock Android 11 Mi A3 ROM, as well as, Rom Control App which allows you to customize your device as well as, for example, change the dark styles included on Pixel Theme shared above.

Features included:
    • 45 FoD Animations
    • QS Headers styles
    • Dark Theme styles
    • FoD Icon Customization
    • Battery Styles
    • Rounded Corners Options
    • Battery Bar
    • Clock Customization
    • Network Traffic Indicators
    • Enable/disable inbuilt Android 11 screen record feature
    • Customize QS Rows and Columns
    • QS Tiles Customization on touch (instead of drag only...just didn't bother to add the strings "Tap or Hold to edit")
    • Gesture Navigations MODs (hide pill and reduce keyboard size, independently)
    • Enable/Disable Fingerprint vibration (well, in fact this enables/disables vibration everywhere...but...yeah....)
    • Lock screen album art customization
    • Music visualizer
    • Lock screen custom clock faces
    • QS Battery percentage independent options
    • Font options
    • QS Tiles styles
    • Enable/Disable Tuner options on settings
    • QS Panel opacity level control
    • QS Header opacity level control
    • QS Header data usage info
    • Hide QS Tiles Labels option
    • "Disco Dingo" the QS (fancy name for QS Toggles random colorization)

Video:
    Check out how it looks after applying these MODs (only shows features until battery styles...new version has more cool stuff).​

Typhus_Fixes_for_MiA3_Stock_Android11_V7.zip <- For everyone running stock Android 11 ROM for Xiaomi Mi A3. If you want a "fixes" version with Pixel Launcher included, you may find it HERE.

What does this "Fixes" module do?
    • Bottom corners perfectly rounded
    • Status bar padding fixed (both on lock screen and on main screen)
    • Status bar height fixed (this isn't needed anymore since it was fixed on latest A11 build)
    • Removed "WiFi with numbers" icons in order to be able to apply other icon themes without losing consistency
    • Pixel colors as default instead of default AOSP colors (Pixel Blue instead of Teal, as main accent color, and Black instead of material dark gray, as default dark)

Notes about Mi A3 Mods:

All features that you see on Mi A3 MODs Magisk Module were reverse engineered from Evolution X ROM source code. The source code is available on the link bellow shown on the credits. This means that I've been practicing some hard core "old school" Android smali edition in order to get this working. So, yes, I have some credits about this but, if it weren't for the orginal devs and it's public source code, none of this would be possible. Thank them for this!

Smali edit is not enough to get this working. After decompiling, changing/adapt the code and recompiling everything again, I had to find a way to make it bootable without messing with the original apk signature. And here is were VR Theme logic came in handy. So thanks for the original dev who brought us this feature.

As for ROM Control app....this was/is a project created by daxgirl and wubydax back in 2015! So yeah, I'm not bringing anything new here, I just followed their instructions in order to get the features working after editing smali with the source code taken from Evolution X. The app source code is also available on the link shared on the credits.

I've combined all of the above into a Magisk Module and shared here so that we can get the best of both worlds....a stock ROM with custom features included.

Rom Control with "Mi A3 Mods" source code:

https://github.com/ElTifo/CustomSettingsForDevs/tree/MiA3

Want to port the "Mods" to your device? Here's how:

https://github.com/ElTifo/CustomSettingsForDevs/tree/MiA3/app/src/mods

Credits:

EvolutionX ROM team, specially @joeyhuab
    @daxgirl
    and @Wuby986 for ROM Control project and source code.
    @Tulsadiver for showing me how to adapt VR Theme logic originally used on 3Minit Battery Mod by @gharrington.
    @Ticklefish
    for Tickle My Android
    @topjohnwu for Magisk

Cheers and enjoy!
    Hello!

OP has been updated.

What changed?

Typhus_Pixel_for_Android11_V16.zip -> Added Pixel Safety Hub (for Emergency at lock screen...it was broken on all previous versions)

Typhus_MiA3_Mods_Android11_V8.zip

New features/changes made are:

• Font options on ROM Control app (I know we're able to set it on Styles & Wallpapers but now, on ROM Control, we're able to see the font name, which makes things easier...right?)
    • Added more lock screen custom clocks
    • Customize Blur effect on album art

• Removed Emergency button on default lock screen (you can access it on PIN or password or Pattern screen)
    • Removed annoying assistant navigation bar hints from screen edges (makes it way more clean, especially when keyboard space size is reduced)
    • Fixed QS Edit strings to drag or tap on the bottom side. It was wrong...

Hope you enjoy these changes.

Cheers!
    Hello!

OP has been updated.

Pixel Theme changes:

Typhus_Pixel_for_Android11_V17.zip

• Removed notification headers lesser dimension on Pixel Theme (kept it on Fixes module, though, cause I like it like that)
    • Added UI sounds from Pixel that didn't exist on stock
    • Added other Theme Picker, that can be accessed while choosing wallpaper inside Styles & Wallpapers, in order to be able to customize some live wallpapers (like doodle, for example)

Fixes changes:

Typhus_Fixes_for_MiA3_Stock_Android11_V6.zip

• Fixed status bar height and padding for good, both on lock screen and main screen.

Mi A3 MODs changes:

Typhus_MiA3_Mods_Android11_V11.zip

• Added option to enable/disable Tuner options on Settings
    • Fixed icons on lock screen after changing a theme (they weren't changing without a reboot or SystemUI restart)
    • Corrected the padding on right clock mode. It was horrible and no one mentioned it...maybe nobody uses it...but...it's ok now.

Cheers!
    Hello!

OP has been updated.

What changed?

Typhus_MiA3_Mods_Android11_V12.zip

New features are:

• Improved ROM Control dialog warnings
    • Removed annoying black bar at the bottom of ROM Control app
    • Removed transparent QS Header style (it's not needed anymore....)
    • Added QS Header opacity level control
    • Added QS Panel Background opacity level control

Cheers!
    Hello!

OP has been updated.

What changed?

Typhus_Pixel_for_Android11_V13.zip -> Removed Now Playing since it didn't not work and, worse than that, was causing sound conflicts. Also, fixed the theme for other ROMs / devices (I'm sorry, on last version I've made a mistake which caused bootloops on other ROMs/devices).

Typhus_Fixes_for_MiA3_Stock_Android11_V4.zip -> Minor fix regarding some text being cutout on notifications

Cheers!