[THEME] SenseBionix

Search This thread

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
A few of you might know my work from the G1 and MyTouch forums.

So here it is... the latest update for SenseBionix for TeamWhiskey's latest public rom Bionix NextGen 2.

Remember!
Backup your device and flash by Clockwork Recovery.
I am not responsible for undesired results!!! Use at your own risk!!!

Download by clicking the disclaimer:
"I accept the fact that if I do not know what I am doing or how to apply this theme modification then I will research first before asking any questions and will in no way shape or form hold anyone with the exception of myself liable for any damages that which may occur. I understand that I should do a backup prior to clicking and downloading any links and files within this post. I also understand that I am chosing on my own will to continue at my own risk."

IF you get caught in a bootloop then flash this file from recovery:
NG2SuperRevert2Stock.zip

It's the same concept as in the first post but with more apps and files pulled direct from the latest rom itself.

It might be wise to download everything first then start flashing. After making your backups of course. :rolleyes:

Screenshots
xm7rfa.jpg
1628kg4.jpg

21431g3.jpg
1z3w9bc.jpg

For anyone that wants a specifically themed Market app you can check out this thread:
[THEMED APP]Dark Bionix Markets - Update:FC's Fixed!! - Team Whiskey - *4/25/11*

Changelog:
Alpha1
Themed framework and settings

Alpha2
Themed framework, settings, gallery3D, dialer and added UI Animations
Added the display of E/3G/H mod.

Alpha3
Added different battery icons and themed twframework
Added buddalou's modified lockscreens.

Alpha4
Replaced the battery icons thanks to Perrosato's suggestion
Added two Sense Launchers to /system/app (LauncherPro SenseUI and ADWSense) per buddalou's suggestion

Alpha4b
Fixed glitch in battery iconsAlpha release of SenseBionix.

Alpha5
Removed LauncherPro SenseUI from system/app directory.
Updated OP.

Alpha6
Made xml edits and minor UI tweaks for Arch (Epic) Lockscreen. (page #13)

SenseBionix NextGen 1 Alpha1
Made a couple more xml edits,
fixed the statusbar pull down issue,
a couple of other minor png edits
maybe a couple of other things that I can't remember.
Updated OP

SenseBionix NextGen 2 Alpha2
Scrapped. Made it worse in fact. (unreleased)

SenseBionix NextGen 2 Alpha3
Fixed status pulldown bar.

For the noobs:
Trouble? Bootloop? Force closes? Hope you made backups! Because this is where you'll need them. Until I can figure out what is causing it here is a workaround:
  • BACKUP YOUR DATA! (In case you haven't done so already)
  • Download this NG2Revert2Stock.zip file and flash it. Then boot and you should be back to stock Bionix NextGen 2. Then try the theme again.
  • Still didn't work? Download Bionix NextGen 1 again and let it boot and make sure it's stable. YOU MAY LOSE YOUR DATA!
  • Reboot back into recovery and install the theme like before.
  • Let it boot and make sure it's stable.
  • Restore your backups from Titanium or MyBackup Pro OR you can do it the easy way by doing Advanced Restore through recovery and restore Data (doesn't always work though).
  • Allow it to boot and you should be good to go!

The attic:
For Bionix NextGen1
SenseBionix-NextGen1Alpha1.zip
Revert2Stock for Bionix NextGen1

For Bionix-V 1.3.1
SenseBionix Alpha6
Revert2Stock.zip

SenseBionixAlpha 1-6 downloads as of 0830 hours PST, May 9, 2011 = 246
SenseBionix NextGen Alpha1 downloads as of 0830 hours PST, May 9, 2011 = 37

Attachments

• Revert2Stock.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 265
  • LauncherPro_SenseUI_1.4.1.apk
    5.2 MB · Views: 458
Last edited:

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
looks good thought he battery Icon, and the status bar look a little off, along with some of the icons in it. I would help but I'm on CM7, I have the icons though if you want them.

Other than the 3g Icon the status bar from sense I remember looks like this http://lh5.ggpht.com/_0XbBdt8eSnE/TSjpO3dBCDI/AAAAAAAAALM/yb2D43YVUdg/s512/screenshot_3.jpg

pm me if you want icons.

I know that some are off. I have the icons but unfortunately I don't have 125+ of them. LOL! Not sure about CM7 but Bionix has 125+ png files just for the battery for each battery level percentage. The 3G connection images are different than the link that you provided though. Back in the G1 days, I took the original images and I removed the black from it and made it transparent so I can always change the status bar background later without having to re-theme the connection images. And some of the icons are of course off because I only themed the browser, gallery3d and framework. So technically the browser is the only one with the Sense icon so far.

looks awesome love the power settings color and images

Yup... taken right out of a SenseUI rom. Can't remember which one though... I had to dig a few minutes for it.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Last edited:

bearsfan85

Feb 26, 2010
I know that some are off. I have the icons but unfortunately I don't have 125+ of them. LOL! Not sure about CM7 but Bionix has 125+ png files just for the battery for each battery level percentage. The 3G connection images are different than the link that you provided though. Back in the G1 days, I took the original images and I removed the black from it and made it transparent so I can always change the status bar background later without having to re-theme the connection images. And some of the icons are of course off because I only themed the browser, gallery3d and framework. So technically the browser is the only one with the Sense icon so far.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

yeah Bionix has a battery mod with a percent by percent go down, you would really only have to modify the sys_battery and sys_battery_charging (I think those are right names).

Also Sense doesn't have zzzz so there are way more for the vibrant.

Also the signal icons arent stock, but everything else is sense.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
I want this theme will you make it compatible with axura?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

I've never even tried Axura rom so I'll have to look at it.
If assuming it isn't too much different then it should be fairly simple to do.
Perhaps a metamorph would be more ideal?

In any case... this isn't anywhere near completed yet. As I said in my first post, this is just a proof of concept. If anyone is familiar with my Community Hero Mix, they would tell you that I put a lot of detail in the work. In fact, I actually like to theme right from the source using Ubuntu and GIMP. This way I can add xml edits and modify jar files as necessary for best results. However... that was based off Cyanogen's roms. I don't see myself going back to those roms for a while since they aren't 100% stable, efficiant and/or complete as of yet. Perhaps later though. ;)

Back to the topic... I don't want to jump into supporting several different roms off the bat because I don't even know where this is going. To be honest, I made it for myself because I'm just not satisfied with the options available. Then I share my work with the community. That's all there is to it actually. If I get enough support, ideas and suggestions and this gets to the point where the popularity seems to be growing then I'll look into expanding to additional roms. I guess time will tell.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Yea, how about a themed dialer one that maybe looks like this:
40fcb942-1ca7-ee81.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

Agreed. I hate the all black dialer! I just need to figure out what file(s) are needing the modifications.
Where is that from?

Last edited:

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
Using bionix 1.3. Really looks nice and would love to try it but I think I will wait till till the issues stated above are worked on a bit. Great job looking forward to trying.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Using bionix 1.3. Really looks nice and would love to try it but I think I will wait till till the issues stated above are worked on a bit. Great job looking forward to trying.

There really aren't any 'issues' at all. The battery is segmented so I can't really use the standard Sense UI battery images. So I used the ones from this thread: [MOD] Battery Mods because it was the closest I could get to the SenseUI stock images.

And you can't change the icons of other apps such as Camera, Calendar, SMS, Dialer, etc without adding those specific apps to the theme. I wanted to keep this below 8mb because that's the attachment limit. I could always use the Google Code service but I want to wait to see how popular this gets first. You gotta start somewhere, ya know? ;)

Make a backup and give it a try. If you have suggestions for improvement then let me know here (please not by pm) and I'll give it some consideration. It also helps if you post references. If you want an icon that you found in a picture or something and you post the picture... great! It helps.... but it helps more if you can provide additional references such as to the dev so I can request usage of such modifications. Such as the previous post above. I like the look and feel of that dialer... but what theme is that from? Is it stock? I have no idea. You get the idea. :p

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Just so you all know... the name of the theme "SenseBionix" was just a quick random name just so I can post this. It's almost definitely going to change. I would like to call it Community Hero Mix based off my previous work. But in order to call it that I think that I need to get the Community involved in it. Just a thought. :)

I came up with SenseBionix because it's ONLY for the latest Bionix rom and it has several bits and pieces of a SenseUI rom in it.

I did notice the button pushing distortion. I'll be trying to work on that if it bothers some of you. Not a big deal really. Just a matter of figuring out what button it is in framework and replacing it. I might play around with it some time next week since I work alot (5 days a week, 12 hours a day). And then I have my moderation duties. So with that in mind, you can see what I ask for help. :p

negativedrew

Aug 23, 2010
Binary: as a (slightly pain in the ass) work around for the battery issue, if you take the 5 or 6 stock battery images from Sense and just make a bunch of copies, renaming each one stat_sys_battery*, where * is 1-100, you can still use the original icons. For example I took the full battery icon (stat_sys_battery_100 or whatever) and copied it 5 times and used it for stat_sys_battery_95 through 100.

I worded this weird because I'm tired but that's what I did here.

Binary100100

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 6, 2008
Detroit, Mi
Binary: as a (slightly pain in the ass) work around for the battery issue, if you take the 5 or 6 stock battery images from Sense and just make a bunch of copies, renaming each one stat_sys_battery*, where * is 1-100, you can still use the original icons. For example I took the full battery icon (stat_sys_battery_100 or whatever) and copied it 5 times and used it for stat_sys_battery_95 through 100.

I worded this weird because I'm tired but that's what I did here.

Yeah but I'm quite fond of the segmented percentage indicator.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone