[THEME] SimpleDarkUI - Material Dark Theme for EMUI 5 (last updated 04/04/2017)

Search This thread

mr.mrcn

Jul 28, 2014
Lhasa
Hello Everyone,

Another material inspired theme, but this time in dark - SimpleDarkUI for EMUI 5

Enjoy! :cool:

simpledarkui_prev0.png

simpledarkui_prev4a.png

simpledarkui_prev5.png

simpledarkui_prev6.png

simpledarkui_prev7.png

Changelog:

2017-04-04 Version 1.2:
- improved status wifi/signal icons (should be better aligned)
- two versions for choice: 1.2a with pixel style notification panel and wifi/signal icons, 1.2b with default EMUI panel and icons

2017-04-02 Version 1.1:
- fixed bug with manual installation of .apk

2017-03-25 Version 1.0:
- modified most of system apps
- changed colors
- some bug fixes

2017-03-14 Beta 1:
- fully modified: dialer, contacts, messages, settings, phone manager, theme manager, clock, gallery
- material style color palette
- pixel inspired navigation bar, notification panel and wifi/signal icons
- pixel inspired icon pack

Tested on P9 EVA-AL10. Please test and report any bugs / glitches.

Installation:
- put .hwt file into HWThemes folder (internal or external memory)
- apply the theme in the theme manager and restart the phone

Any suggestions are welcome ;) If you like it, don't hesitate to hit 'Thanks' and 'Donate' button :cool:

Download with EMUI Themes Factory app from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emuithemesfactory.emuithemesfactory

Last edited:

Diplodocus123

Jun 27, 2015
Really awesome. My new fav for now! Just one little thing I have to say: I am a smart cover user and the screen doesnt turn black and white anymore...it shows an wallpaper! Actually this is a nice "feature" but it would be fkn awesome if we would be able to select a wallpaper for the smart cover lockscreen. Hope I am explaining this so you understand what I am talking about...I can send pics to if you want so. But anyways this theme is a beauty!

anx.go

Aug 23, 2013
Bucharest
New note text in not visible on Notepad button. If you don't know that is there is ok ☺️

Attachments

• IMG_20170316_142412.png
    IMG_20170316_142412.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 649
  • IMG_20170316_140002.png
    IMG_20170316_140002.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 651

mr.mrcn

Jul 28, 2014
Lhasa
Really awesome. My new fav for now! Just one little thing I have to say: I am a smart cover user and the screen doesnt turn black and white anymore...it shows an wallpaper! Actually this is a nice "feature" but it would be fkn awesome if we would be able to select a wallpaper for the smart cover lockscreen. Hope I am explaining this so you understand what I am talking about...I can send pics to if you want so. But anyways this theme is a beauty!

This is special wallpaper for the cover! Some people asked me for that :D

New note text in not visible on Notepad button. If you don't know that is there is ok

Yeah, fortunately meaning of plus icon is obvious... ;)

Last edited:

anx.go

Aug 23, 2013
Bucharest
I could use some help. I can see the files in EMUI Theme editor and in solid explorer and have tried a bunch of other filemanagers, but I can't delete theme. Can you give me a quick hint at how to remove the two files.

I am doing on a computer using WinRar. You can open the hwt file directly and delete those files.

Diplodocus123

Jun 27, 2015
I could use some help. I can see the files in EMUI Theme editor and in solid explorer and have tried a bunch of other filemanagers, but I can't delete theme. Can you give me a quick hint at how to remove the two files.

Sry I saw it to late. But nice to see someone else helped you! :)

Rudolpht

Thank you! Works perfectly! Now I have found my everyday theme!:good::good::)

Sry I saw it to late. But nice to see someone else helped you! :)

I appreciate all the pointers, but I'm still having issues. I have been able to decompress, remove the files (only), RAR compress and add change the hwt extension appropriately. The theme does not show up doing this method on the device or on a mac.

I actually don't mind the picture, it just shows up pretty bright on a simply dark :eek: theme (to me) [That was a poor attempt at humor] and since I'm sure there will be incremental improvements by the OP, I don't want to miss out on future revs because of the lockscreen.

Diplodocus123

Jun 27, 2015
I appreciate all the pointers, but I'm still having issues. I have been able to decompress, remove the files (only), RAR compress and add change the hwt extension appropriately. The theme does not show up doing this method on the device or on a mac.

I actually don't mind the picture, it just shows up pretty bright on a simply dark :eek: theme (to me) [That was a poor attempt at humor] and since I'm sure there will be incremental improvements by the OP, I don't want to miss out on future revs because of the lockscreen.

Try this:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mate-9/themes/emui-themeeditor-beta-v1-8-1-emui-5-t3541294

I am doing it with this app from now on and its working really well. You can switch around wallpapers just like you want.

mr.mrcn

Jul 28, 2014
Lhasa

I will remove cover wallpaper in the next version ;)

Reactions: cavallinoviola

anx.go

Aug 23, 2013
Bucharest
Hi,

There are some blue switches is settings instead of black.

Also the previous reported issue with the brightness slider colors.

As for the rest is JUST PERFECT!!!

Thank you again for this beautiful theme!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170317-224249.png
    Screenshot_20170317-224249.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 153
  • Screenshot_20170317-224239.png
    Screenshot_20170317-224239.png
    170.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_20170317-224158.png
    Screenshot_20170317-224158.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot_20170317-223954.png
    Screenshot_20170317-223954.png
    145.6 KB · Views: 137
  • Screenshot_20170317-223645.png
    Screenshot_20170317-223645.png
    135.4 KB · Views: 133

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone,

Another material inspired theme, but this time in dark - SimpleDarkUI for EMUI 5

Enjoy! :cool:

simpledarkui_prev0.png

simpledarkui_prev4a.png

simpledarkui_prev5.png

simpledarkui_prev6.png

simpledarkui_prev7.png

Changelog:

2017-04-04 Version 1.2:
    - two versions for choice: 1.2a with pixel style notification panel and wifi/signal icons, 1.2b with default EMUI panel and icons

2017-04-02 Version 1.1:
    - fixed bug with manual installation of .apk

2017-03-25 Version 1.0:
    - changed colors
    - some bug fixes

2017-03-14 Beta 1:
    - fully modified: dialer, contacts, messages, settings, phone manager, theme manager, clock, gallery
    - material style color palette
    - pixel inspired navigation bar, notification panel and wifi/signal icons
    - pixel inspired icon pack

Tested on P9 EVA-AL10. Please test and report any bugs / glitches.

Installation:
    - put .hwt file into HWThemes folder (internal or external memory)
    - apply the theme in the theme manager and restart the phone

Any suggestions are welcome ;) If you like it, don't hesitate to hit 'Thanks' and 'Donate' button :cool:

Download with EMUI Themes Factory app from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.emuithemesfactory.emuithemesfactory
    Still I'm addicted to this amazing theme;) is there any update in pipeline:cool:

Of course! :)
    Screenshots updated in the first post. Enjoy!

Thanks to @anx.go for testing.

2017-03-25 Version 1:
    - changed colors
    - some bug fixes

Stop teasing and start sharing

Waiting for donation... :p
    2017-04-04 Version 1.2:
    No updates to the rest of system apps?

Sure, i am using full version for a few days. Many changes, i like this theme much :D