[THEME] Spectrum Pure (can use as a base theme)

Search This thread

paulobrien

Nov 6, 2003
Norwich
www.MoDaCo.com
I had created a new theme for our Honor 7s (and Honor 5X), Spectrum Pure.

Spectrum Pure is simple - it takes the stock theme, Spectrum, and removes the odd icon backgrounds and the customised icons. This is not actually as simple as it sounds - the stock 'icons' file on the Honor 7 containts 1641 customised icons (yes, you read that right)! Since these are on the system partition and can't be changed, I wrote a custom script to download the stock icons for these apps from the Play Store for integration into theme, giving apps their proper icons back. Phew!

Install by copying to /sdcard/HWThemes as usual and apply using the 'Themes' app.

I've included a couple of screenshots below so you can see the difference. Theme developers, if you'd like to use this theme as a basis for your own, feel free.

Enjoy! :)

P

spectrumpure1.png
spectrumpure2.png

Last edited:

ronieta

Dec 20, 2010
Working very well on my H7, great improvement.
How can i change the icons size?
Is it possible?

Odin1979

Apr 3, 2010
Really like this theme, excellent work! [emoji106]

Sent from Honor 7 using Tapatalk

dansk78

Nov 14, 2012
Neat & nifty job!
Some screenshots added. As not to allow for spoilers, I've posted those, plus my opinion in a 'hideaway':

UudmTv6.jpg

Home screen, closed folder view, with noticeable bended borderline
Though imo. the bend + thickness of the borderline, somewhat outbalances the total theme's design.

fn4RDwM.jpg

Opened folder view, with proper opacity filling and very smooth/stylish rounded borderline.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had created a new theme for our Honor 7s (and Honor 5X), Spectrum Pure.

Spectrum Pure is simple - it takes the stock theme, Spectrum, and removes the odd icon backgrounds and the customised icons. This is not actually as simple as it sounds - the stock 'icons' file on the Honor 7 containts 1641 customised icons (yes, you read that right)! Since these are on the system partition and can't be changed, I wrote a custom script to download the stock icons for these apps from the Play Store for integration into theme, giving apps their proper icons back. Phew!

Install by copying to /sdcard/HWThemes as usual and apply using the 'Themes' app.

I've included a couple of screenshots below so you can see the difference. Theme developers, if you'd like to use this theme as a basis for your own, feel free.

Enjoy! :)

P

spectrumpure1.png
    spectrumpure2.png
    Fantastic, I have been waiting for this. Thank you! :)
    Updated to r4 with a number of fixes.

P
    Maps icon fix and group border added.

P

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
    It's ok here....

7b7885d111ca315e468f7ffac18c8290.jpg