Steel Blue v3.1
by Team Carbon
(markyyyy, edint3000, 00.ante)
For JPU,JPX,JPY, JP3 or JP5 BASED ROMS
LATEST INFO (updated 03/03/11)
> 3.1 changes have been released
- Darky 9.3 phone.apk themed
- Browser with UA settings
- Latest Gmail 220.127.116.11 themed
- Update scripts have been changed to make installation more robust for issues we have had installing on darky rom. (deleting some files, pre install to help with space)
> Steel Blue v3.0 reaches 2000 downloads (over 10,000 for the combined versions) thanks for the support guys, and thanks for the donations we have received.... you know who you are... and we appreciate it
> Recently Updated....
- Darky 9.3b3 phone.apk (now themed)
- Latest Gmail 18.104.22.168 (themed)
- Browser with UA settings (from 9.3b3) themed.
These files have been made available in a zip with just the apk's
Please replaced the correct file on your phone with these versions.
They will be included in a new update file 3.1 due shortly, but if you want them now, download the zip, copy them to the correct directory to replace your current files.
For Phone and Browser.apk these are to replace the files in system/app
For the new version of gmail, the file is called com.google.android.gm-2.apk
You need to search in data/app for the correct name of your updated version file, rename the new.apk with the correct name, and copy it to the data/app directory to overwrite your existing one. Phone will likely require a reboot for the changes to the icon to be seen.
> ***** IMPORTANT *****
We have found a few issues on darkyy 9.2/9.3 which we have almost cracked, basically darky rom with certain options selected, leaves about 18.2mb available in system, i think if you don't install swype and samsung and 3rd party then there is much more available, installing our theme then uses the rest of the available space, once it gets to 0mb free, nothing else in the theme is flashed which is why we have the problem.
- here are some things which you can try to fix.
2. ensure you have circa 40mb of space available in system if not delete some apps first
3. make sure you delete the following from system before flashing theme
app/darkyy_gingerbread_keyboard.apkHope some of these help, if you do the above, the full theme should flash ok.
- v3.1 on the way... following fixes being put in place
- phone.apk from darky 9.3 with recordng (themed and included in our 3.1)
- latest gmail, themed
- removing launcher pro, and providing it as a separate zip.
- change purple buttons to dark blue in phone.apk
- plus lighter install (where possible apps/animations being installed to local)
- If you like what we do, please consider a donation via paypal, either to myself, edin or ante.
- If you can put a note saying SteelBlue on it, so that we know, and then funds will be distributed evenly across the team. Thanks in advance.
Welcome the the 3rd instalment of Steel Blue.
We have taken some of the feedback from v2, and made some more changes, and being joined by a new team member (00.ante) has enabled the collaboration to make more changes and have more input than ever before.
This is the most comprehensive theme out there… the level of apps modded is unsurpassed (34 to date)…. We have tried to make the experience something that we all like, and hope that you all feel the same as we do.
We have all used this theme, during creation and are happy that it works on the JP5 platform. If you do have any issues, please let us know and we'll do what we can to help.
What’s new for v3.1:
- New battery icons
- Modded/themed apps
- Apps modded for icons only
- New bootanimations, Now 3 to choose from (**)
- 3 new steelblue custom boot animations
- Others still available from 2.0 and 1.0 posts.
- Lots of nice blue wallpapers
** Please see known issues in 1st post
Previews - (v3.1)
Previews below do not show everything just a feel for some of the mods.
Downloads have been separated. You can now download just the parts you want, or go for the full experience
**** Latest Version **** **** 3.1 ****
Framework, apps, boot & shutdown animation, wallpapers (Recommended) - (100Mb)
3.1 Theme Only - (28.5Mb)
3.1 Apps Only
SteelBlue 3.1a - Default on main theme
SteelBlue 3.1b – Another SteelBlue boot.
SteelBlue 3.1c – SteelBlue Eyes II
Shutdown Animation & Sound Only
Other App Choices
- JPA Themed Swype
- Gallery3d (from Doc Rom, think this is battery drain one, but is themed)
- No Clock (notification bar)
- Revert Clock (notification bar)
**** Previous Versions ****
Version 1.0, thread can be found here.
Version 2.0 thread can be found here
Please make sure you always back up your rom prior to flashing.
Download to your SD Card,
Use CWD recovery to flash from SD,
(Flash this AFTER custom Rom)
Reboot.... and ENJOY
*** Known issues ***
We have been having some issues on odd occasions using Darky 9.2
(please note that the theme installs perfectly on doc’s 9.6)
As far as we know the theme and apps are working fine,
However please post any issues, and we will let you know if we can help
o Bootanimation does not flash
o Shutdown animation partially flashes
o Shutdown sound does not work (known issue with Darky 9.2)
o Gingerbread Keyb will not overwrite rom installed GBKeyb. You will need to delete previous version this manually prior to flashing.
thanks to all below, and more if we have missed anyone, for your ideas, themes and help along the way. Let me know if we have missed you off, we'll add you as soon as we can.
-obsessionXYZ the creator of battey icon (Honeycomb theme)