[THEME][SUBSTRATUM][7.0+] Extras For AA Collection - Personalize look of AA

Search This thread

Jack-.-XDA

May 31, 2020
Hi, i'm trying to make it work; but my Android Auto doesn't change at all...
Tried to uninstall and reistall both of substratum and extras4aa, even substratum magisk module.
What am i doing wrong?

My specs:
Android 10 custom rom LineageOS 17.1
AA version 6.0.615334
Substratum lite version 0.5.20
Extras for AA version 4.9.2

Attachments

• photo_2021-02-04_17-12-00.jpg
    photo_2021-02-04_17-12-00.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 44

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
Hi, i'm trying to make it work; but my Android Auto doesn't change at all...
Tried to uninstall and reistall both of substratum and extras4aa, even substratum magisk module.
What am i doing wrong?

My specs:
Android 10 custom rom LineageOS 17.1
AA version 6.0.615334
Substratum lite version 0.5.20
Extras for AA version 4.9.2

Hi,

could it be that you have put Android Auto into magisk hide?

Reactions: Jack-.-XDA

Scaevola

Jan 5, 2012
Thank you for your efforts. It has been highly useful to tweak the widescreen.

The only issue I am having with it is the Navcard. For some reason, the Navcard sizing doesn't work at all (using Google Maps) regardless of the selected option. Am I missing another setting?

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
Thank you for your efforts. It has been highly useful to tweak the widescreen.

The only issue I am having with it is the Navcard. For some reason, the Navcard sizing doesn't work at all (using Google Maps) regardless of the selected option. Am I missing another setting?

No, you are not missing anything.

Those options only work with 3rd party navs that use the new App for cars library (e.g. Sygic, AmiGO, Flitsmeister, 2GIS)

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
Heya!

Today a new theme is born. Meet Animations For AA. The brand new Substratum theme for just Android Auto's animations!

Learn more here and download the first version of Animations For AA right now!

USEFUL LINKS:

FAQ AND KNOWN ISSUES
PREVIEWS (Extras For AA)
PREVIEWS (Animations For AA)

If you really like my themes also consider a donation, even a small amount will be appreciated :)

I also accept CryptoCoins:

BTC (BitCoin) address: 39bdKem8taTZvm2WeyH8wwDhYKzZ2PzhGn
ETH (Ethereum) address: 0x3D9e6862590622245875B5b202b53E14E8052FA8
LTC (LiteCoin) address: MHff2pPF4YHafcFYEVG55yFbx3yGXDBh1T
SNX address: 0xA25aFED131D856121b7a5821f215F7929D44f39d
MKR address: 0xfeb551F1Eb00e803dBa99637d29FdA2aB669C552
AAVE address: 0x2F7e7e731c9a9934b2Dc00104E1c47a7f0f61cDe
CGLD (Celo gold) address: 0xfF7784185Fc4807Bc560afb78918690Af1dcd929
BAND address: 0x2e445f1C65496E27BeBA9F726B708b771f722dC2

rapdes

Dec 4, 2008
As stated in the release notes, it should be able to work just fine but since I have no way of testing, I can't surely tell so please report back if successful.
Tested and working fine without any issues, thanks!

Edit: I have since noted when I use animations all of the buttons on the navigation bar are very slow to respond, I end up pressing them several times until I get a response, as soon as I disable the animations they start responding immediately again.

Last edited:
Reactions: shmykelsa

Sweak3r

Apr 15, 2011
I'm having issues changing anything related to the icons or navbar on one ui 3.0 samsung s20.
Using the latest app and AA 6.0.x
As soon as I enable the overlays the app bootloops on the car display and as soon as I disable them it works well again without replug the cable even.

Anyone else?
Probably a Samsung issue since the app is integrated into one ui.

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
I'm having issues changing anything related to the icons or navbar on one ui 3.0 samsung s20.
Using the latest app and AA 6.0.x
As soon as I enable the overlays the app bootloops on the car display and as soon as I disable them it works well again without replug the cable even.

Anyone else?
Probably a Samsung issue since the app is integrated into one ui.

So you are using Extras For AA Icons Special or what? I didn't get that clear

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
Heya!

Time has come for Extras For AA Icons Special. Meet Icons For AA.

Icons For AA is the new name of "Extras For AA Icons Special", the theme specialized to change icons inside Android Auto.

Also, Icons For AA has a dedicated repository to download from which is hosted on GitHub at https://github.com/shmykelsa/iconsforaa-release.

This is the new beginning for the "Extras For AA Collection", a set of different themes to personalize at the very max Android Auto's look.

With version 2.0 a new icon in Android Auto can be customized too!

Check out what's new with version 2.0 in the release notes here: https://telegra.ph/Icons-For-AA-20-02-25

USEFUL LINKS:
DOWNLOAD Extras For AA
DOWNLOAD Icons For AA
DOWNLOAD Animations For AA

FAQ AND KNOWN ISSUES
PREVIEWS (Extras For AA)

If you really like my themes also consider a donation, even a small amount will be appreciated :)

I also accept CryptoCoins:

BTC (BitCoin) address: 39bdKem8taTZvm2WeyH8wwDhYKzZ2PzhGn
ETH (Ethereum) address: 0x3D9e6862590622245875B5b202b53E14E8052FA8
LTC (LiteCoin) address: MHff2pPF4YHafcFYEVG55yFbx3yGXDBh1T
SNX address: 0xA25aFED131D856121b7a5821f215F7929D44f39d
MKR address: 0xfeb551F1Eb00e803dBa99637d29FdA2aB669C552
AAVE address: 0x2F7e7e731c9a9934b2Dc00104E1c47a7f0f61cDe
CGLD (Celo gold) address: 0xfF7784185Fc4807Bc560afb78918690Af1dcd929
BAND address: 0x2e445f1C65496E27BeBA9F726B708b771f722dC2

• Love
Reactions: drnightshadow

just30me

Sep 26, 2020
Hi,
What would be the correct way to revert all settings to use the Standard Android Auto?
Reinstall AA? Uninstall substratum? Any cashed data?

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
Heya!

Icons For AA and Extras For AA were both updated and live on GitHub

Extras For AA has been updated to version 5.0 featuring bug fixes to improve the overall experience. You can check out the full changelog.

Download

Icons For AA has been updated to version 2.1, which features bug fixes and some new options to personalize more things inside Android Auto. Check out the full changelog to learn more.

Download

If you really like my work, please consider a donation. Even a small amount will be appreciated. Check out my bio down below to know how you can send me a coffee or a beer!

USEFUL LINKS:
DOWNLOAD Extras For AA
DOWNLOAD Icons For AA

FAQ AND KNOWN ISSUES
PREVIEWS (Extras For AA)

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
Hi,
What would be the correct way to revert all settings to use the Standard Android Auto?
Reinstall AA? Uninstall substratum? Any cashed data?

If you need to revert everything just for cleaning's sake, the fastest way is by erasing Substratum module in Magisk. This will of course erase all the overlays, including the ones from other themes.

If you need to do a clean install because you are updating Android Auto, a simple uninstall of overlays will be enough.

If you want to be a real ninja and need to update Android Auto, you can install each and every overlay you've built without uninstalling the overlays.

nguyenthuylinh

Mar 4, 2021
Hi shmykelsa,
Can you please tell me how can I change the position of second space to the left. The default of mine is on the right:
1614831439929.jpeg

But I saw your example image shows that you can move it to the left like this:

1614831458704.png

Please help me to show how can I move the second space to the left?. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wondering if theres any way to force the statusbar and clock on the second screen (layout1) instead of statusbar on the main screen (layout2).

Hi,

That's technically possible. It would require some work and the "Widescreen" options would be double the one they are now. I will make something out of it but it will probably not look good when Maps is there and it's not very high priority right now.
    Heya!

Extras For AA and Extras For AA (LEGACY) updates are live on GitHub

Version 5.2 features some bug fixes and a lot of new options. Seriously, a lot!

You can check out the full changelog to learn more about the new gradient outlines options and carplay mode!

Download

If you really like my work, please consider a donation. Even a small amount will be appreciated. Check out my bio down below to know how you can send me a coffee or a beer!

USEFUL LINKS:
    DOWNLOAD Extras For AA
    DOWNLOAD Icons For AA

FAQ AND KNOWN ISSUES
    PREVIEWS (Extras For AA)
    QoN3diIh.jpg

Are you bored of Android Auto UI? You can't stand the fact that on your car you have two clocks on the screen? Do you want to personalize your look of Android Auto tweaking the UI to your likings?

If yes is the answer to any of the questions above, you are in the right place!

Meet Extras For AA Collection, the most advanced way to tweak Android Auto's look

Extras For AA + Wallpapers For AA = 💕

In case you missed it, I've made another Substratum Theme for Android Auto to personalize the default background. Check out Wallpapers For AA now!

1. Extras For AA

Extras For AA is the first theme of the collection. It was born to be a theme to personalize some elements in Android Auto, and now it is a very comprehensive theme that can tweak a lot of things inside Android Auto.

Here's a preview of what this theme can do:
    3c9eb33b7b66fa4b1f91c.png

06609c8714f8ec188f8b5.png

cfde7a2dd4ce75cf8efa3.png

CUSTOM BAR MODES
    5cf316cd83b54300eb26b.png

Custom bar modes!

One Button? Two Buttons? Three Buttons?

One Button: navbar is just launcher icon
    Two Buttons: combine launcher icon with the recent app or notification icon
    Three buttons: combine launcher with notifications and recent app

Madness Mode = Clock instead of launcher icon

+N = + Notifications
    +Q = + Quick access app

H = Horizontal
    V = Vertical

Other modifications available:

• Reduce or remove bottom bar/status bar of AA
    • Personalize the look of 3rd party apps menus like navigators (AmiGo, Sygic, 2GIS...)
    • Swap the launcher button with the clock, thanks to madness mode
    • Pick your favourite gradient and apply it to what you'd like! Bar, widget, heads up notifications and even custom bar modes!
    • Customize colours of various things such as accent (bottom widget), bottom bar, caption of apps, heads up notifications, notification center...
    • Choose between all the status bar customization
    • Much much more!

There's an entire document covering most of the options available. Check out now more previews!

LEGACY VERSION

If your device can't run Substratum Lite, download the specific version of Extras For AA which is called Legacy. This version is optimized for old devices that can't run Substratum Lite.
    If your device can run Substratum Lite, go for normal one!

2. Icons For AA

With Icons For AA (previously Extras For AA Icons Special) you can personalizse:
    • Exit Icons
    • Status Bar Icons
    • Bottom bar Icons
    • More to come!

3. Animations For AA

Third and newest theme from the Extras For AA collection. With Animations For AA, you can personalize:
    • App switch animation
    • App enter animation (Android 6.1+)
    • App exit animation (Android 6.1+)

Icons For AA and Animations For AA have no Legacy version

Compatibility

Android 11?

Substratum is very limited on Android 11 and for the time being it can only apply very light modifications to user-installed apps. This is out of my control and I don't know whether it will be fixed or not. Extras For AA has so many modifications and making a very light version for Android 11 is just not worth it. Icons For AA and Animations For AA will mostly work fine.

Synergy?

For some reasons, Synergy won't apply themes outside of the phone's screen. This has been an ongoing issue since OneUI 1.0 and unfortunately I don't think it will be ever fixed. Blame Samsung!

Android 6?

You can technically install Substratum on Android 6, but it relies on a old implementation that is not compatible with the actual Substratum. Android 6 is not supported.

Stay updated!

If you don't want to miss out on development, be sure to check out the Telegram channel dedicated to all Android Auto themes. My telegram channel is my go to place to stay constantly updated on new releases and new development progress!

Downloads

Downloads of Extras For AA collections are available on GitHub in three different repositories.

Download - Extras For AA
    Download - Icons For AA
    Download - Animations For AA

Souce Code
    This theme is open source and hosted on GitHub!
    New version of Extras for AA has been pushed to XDA Labs

Version 2.0 brings the following changes:

• Heads up notifications can be now modified. They can be smaller, translucent or both! They can also be gradient themed (by also building "Heads Up Have Gradient" extra)
    • Most of the extras have been renamed to have a shorter name. This is to avoid reaching the characters limit in Substratum that will lead built overlays to always stay pink
    • A welcome dialog will now show up when opening Extras For AA. It will contain all the useful information, help, as well as options to make a donation to me. If you like my work, even a small amount will be appreciated ?
    • More option for immersive mode: bottom bar can be now set to 0.9x and 0.01x. The latter is very dangerous, bar will basically be totally hidden and launcher will be unreacheable. Please choose 0.01 only if you know what you're doing.
    • Revisited some gradient names
    • Purple gradient has been revisited
    • Added 4 new gradients

Also new: Extras For AA is now open source! https://github.com/shmykelsa/extras4aa

CLEAN INSTALL IS REQUIRED
    If you previously built overlays of Extras for AA, please first uninstall them. You can install them back just fine with new version.

Also if you want sneek peaks of new updates, as well as release candidates of next builds of WP4AA and Extras4AA, be sure to join the update channel on Telegram

Please don't forget to rate and review on XDA Labs. It helps the development a lot!

Keep in mind when downloads and userbase is decreasing then theme updates will also slow down by a lot and eventually stop.

So if you like my work please take a moment and give a rate!
    New version of Extras for AA has been pushed to XDA Labs

Version 2.1 brings the following changes:

• New styles for status bar!
    • Just Clock and Just clock centered, for who wants just the clock
    • Hide Signal and hide signal centered will hide the signal icons
    • And also now the music/maps widget can be filled with gradient

CLEAN INSTALL IS RECOMENDED
    If you previously built overlays of Extras for AA, it is best advised to first uninstall them. You can install them back just fine with new version.

Also if you want sneek peaks of new updates, as well as release candidates of next builds of WP4AA and Extras4AA, be sure to join the update channel on Telegram

Please don't forget to rate and review on XDA Labs. It helps the development a lot!

Keep in mind when downloads and userbase is decreasing then theme updates will also slow down by a lot and eventually stop.

So if you like my work please take a moment and give a rate!
    Heya!

Extras For AA and Extras For AA (LEGACY) updates are live on GitHub

Version 5.1 features several new options to enhance widescreen mode and some bug fixes! You can check out the full changelog to learn more.

Download

USEFUL LINKS:
    DOWNLOAD Extras For AA
    DOWNLOAD Icons For AA

FAQ AND KNOWN ISSUES
    PREVIEWS (Extras For AA)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android