[THEME][SUBSTRATUM][7.0+] Extras For AA Collection - Personalize look of AA

Search This thread

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
QoN3diIh.jpg

Are you bored of Android Auto UI? You can't stand the fact that on your car you have two clocks on the screen? Do you want to personalize your look of Android Auto tweaking the UI to your likings?

If yes is the answer to any of the questions above, you are in the right place!

Meet Extras For AA Collection, the most advanced way to tweak Android Auto's look

Extras For AA + Wallpapers For AA = 💕

In case you missed it, I've made another Substratum Theme for Android Auto to personalize the default background. Check out Wallpapers For AA now!

1. Extras For AA

Extras For AA is the first theme of the collection. It was born to be a theme to personalize some elements in Android Auto, and now it is a very comprehensive theme that can tweak a lot of things inside Android Auto.

Here's a preview of what this theme can do:
3c9eb33b7b66fa4b1f91c.png

06609c8714f8ec188f8b5.png

cfde7a2dd4ce75cf8efa3.png

CUSTOM BAR MODES
5cf316cd83b54300eb26b.png

Custom bar modes!

One Button? Two Buttons? Three Buttons?

One Button: navbar is just launcher icon
Two Buttons: combine launcher icon with the recent app or notification icon
Three buttons: combine launcher with notifications and recent app

Madness Mode = Clock instead of launcher icon

+N = + Notifications
+Q = + Quick access app

H = Horizontal
V = Vertical

Other modifications available:

• Reduce or remove bottom bar/status bar of AA
  • Personalize the look of 3rd party apps menus like navigators (AmiGo, Sygic, 2GIS...)
  • Swap the launcher button with the clock, thanks to madness mode
  • Pick your favourite gradient and apply it to what you'd like! Bar, widget, heads up notifications and even custom bar modes!
  • Customize colours of various things such as accent (bottom widget), bottom bar, caption of apps, heads up notifications, notification center...
  • Choose between all the status bar customization
  • Much much more!

There's an entire document covering most of the options available. Check out now more previews!

LEGACY VERSION

If your device can't run Substratum Lite, download the specific version of Extras For AA which is called Legacy. This version is optimized for old devices that can't run Substratum Lite.
If your device can run Substratum Lite, go for normal one!

2. Icons For AA

With Icons For AA (previously Extras For AA Icons Special) you can personalizse:
  • Exit Icons
  • Status Bar Icons
  • Bottom bar Icons
  • More to come!

3. Animations For AA

Third and newest theme from the Extras For AA collection. With Animations For AA, you can personalize:
  • App switch animation
  • App enter animation (Android Auto 6.1+)
  • App exit animation (Android Auto 6.1+)
  • Notification animations

Icons For AA and Animations For AA have no Legacy version

Compatibility

Android 11?

Substratum is very limited on Android 11 and for the time being it can only apply very light modifications to user-installed apps. This is out of my control and I don't know whether it will be fixed or not. Extras For AA has so many modifications and making a very light version for Android 11 is just not worth it. Icons For AA and Animations For AA will mostly work fine.

Synergy?

For some reasons, Synergy won't apply themes outside of the phone's screen. This has been an ongoing issue since OneUI 1.0 and unfortunately I don't think it will be ever fixed. Blame Samsung!

Android 6?

You can technically install Substratum on Android 6, but it relies on a old implementation that is not compatible with the actual Substratum. Android 6 is not supported.

Stay updated!

If you don't want to miss out on development, be sure to check out the Telegram channel dedicated to all Android Auto themes. My telegram channel is my go to place to stay constantly updated on new releases and new development progress!

Downloads

Downloads of Extras For AA collections are available on GitHub in three different repositories.

Download - Extras For AA
Download - Icons For AA
Download - Animations For AA

Souce Code
This theme is open source and hosted on GitHub!

Last edited:

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Known bugs and FAQ:

There are some things you should know about Substratum and the options available, I strongly reccomend to take a look to the FAQ and known issues document before get started: https://telegra.ph/EXTRAS-FOR-AA---FAQ-AND-KNOWN-ISSUES-10-15
this document will help troubleshooting most of the issues that can happen with Extras For AA and how to avoid them.

PREVIEWS!

You can preview Extras For AA options here https://telegra.ph/Extras-For-AA-Previews-10-27

Animations For AA previews are here: https://t.me/aaanimationspreviews

Video tutorials:
English Video Tutorial
Italian Video tutorial
Spanish Video Tutorial

Other useful links:

Download Substratum Lite (RECOMENDED)
Download Substratum

Buy me a coffee? You can donate to me via PayPal (no account needed)
Or via cryptos

BTC: 39bdKem8taTZvm2WeyH8wwDhYKzZ2PzhGn
ETH: 0x3D9e6862590622245875B5b202b53E14E8052FA8
LTC: MHff2pPF4YHafcFYEVG55yFbx3yGXDBh1T
XRP: rw2ciyaNshpHe7bCHo4bRWq6pqqynnWKQg XRP TAG: 3707843365
BAND: 0x2e445f1C65496E27BeBA9F726B708b771f722dC2
UMA: 0xF707F8143EAA1999cDde78C4AEd89316F62A3418
GRT: 0x2e79AaeD933781d8BaAa03685ED32CEBC1D8f9f2
COMP: 0x374aed091aB5FA72392Aaa87bD87B20c9356214b
BCH: qq6hxekaagy9ng69tgapfvglsh3e6s47supy8qe4nd

Last edited:

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Heya! New version for Extras for AA is live on XDA Labs!

Version 1.2 includes these sweet changes:
  • Added 3 more gradients: Brick Red, Light Blue to Magenta and Purple to Green
  • Added option for immersive mode. With this update you can fully hide status bar and bottom bar can be slimmed down up to 50% for more real screen estate!
  • Added the extra for transparent notifications (not recommended in combination with translucent notification center)
  • Gradients will be applied also to right wheel drive AA. Fellows driving in the fast lane can now enjoy gradient-themed bottom bar.

Also Extras for AA is fully compatible with Android Auto 5.3.x, including version that was out yesterday.

CLEAN INSTALL IS RECOMMENDED
If you previously built overlays of Extras for AA, it is best advised to first uninstall them. You can install them back just fine with new version.

Also if you want sneek peaks of new updates, as well as release candidates of next builds of WP4AA and Extras4AA, be sure to join the update channel on Telegram

Please don't forget to rate and review on XDA Labs. It helps the development a lot!

Keep in mind when downloads and userbase is decreasing then theme updates will also slow down by a lot and eventually stop.

So if you like my work please take a moment and give a rate!

d_kMT50

Aug 12, 2010
Minsk
Gabriele, good day!
I`m use, your module for AA with S2A. And like it very well :)
But yestrday Google updated AA to 5.4 version. AA stop to launch program menu. I reinstall all programs and found mistake:
_____
=== com.google.android.projection.gearhead (5.4.502244-release) ===

Failed to generate resource table for split ''
/type3common/values/dimens.xml:462: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'dialpad_landscape_keypad_padding_start' with value '@*com.google.android.projection.gearhead:dimen/padding_5').

________________________-

I dont know that mistake only on my phone ore due to google changes of AA

Best regards.

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Gabriele, good day!
I`m use, your module for AA with S2A. And like it very well :)
But yestrday Google updated AA to 5.4 version. AA stop to launch program menu. I reinstall all programs and found mistake:
_____

Failed to generate resource table for split ''
/type3common/values/dimens.xml:462: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'dialpad_landscape_keypad_padding_start' with value '@*com.google.android.projection.gearhead:dimen/padding_5').

________________________-

I dont know that mistake only on my phone ore due to google changes of AA

Best regards.

I'm already on it and a fix will be rolled out soon after testing :)

In the meanwhile you might want to disable previously built overlays to avoid errors

Reactions: jrenascimento

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
New version of Extras for AA has been pushed to XDA Labs

Update to version 1.3 if you updated AA to version 5.4. You might want to stick with older version if you did not update AA

CLEAN INSTALL IS REQUIRED
If you previously built overlays of Extras for AA, please first uninstall them. You can install them back just fine with new version.

Also if you want sneek peaks of new updates, as well as release candidates of next builds of WP4AA and Extras4AA, be sure to join the update channel on Telegram

Please don't forget to rate and review on XDA Labs. It helps the development a lot!

Keep in mind when downloads and userbase is decreasing then theme updates will also slow down by a lot and eventually stop.

Jozo1911

Jun 1, 2020
Malacky
Problem with AA Extras 1.3

Hi
First of all , thank you for your work on this ussefull app .

Yesterday I upgraded AA for 5.4 version. First I uninstalled previous version of AA Extra 1.2 than install AA 5.4 and AA Extra 1.3 into substratum lite. Nearly all works fine but if I use choice in extras like "Apply gradient to bottom bar" I am not able install this theme , it is stop with error.

Can you advice me what I do wrong or inncorect?
Thank you for quick response.

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Hi
First of all , thank you for your work on this ussefull app .

Yesterday I upgraded AA for 5.4 version. First I uninstalled previous version of AA Extra 1.2 than install AA 5.4 and AA Extra 1.3 into substratum lite. Nearly all works fine but if I use choice in extras like "Apply gradient to bottom bar" I am not able install this theme , it is stop with error.

Can you advice me what I do wrong or inncorect?
Thank you for quick response.

Hello there!

If an error screen comes out it will surely show a log of the error. When it does, please hit the share button and share it to me here or wherever you'd like :)

Jozo1911

Jun 1, 2020
Malacky
Hello there!

If an error screen comes out it will surely show a log of the error. When it does, please hit the share button and share it to me here or wherever you'd like :)

Here you are:

theme=aaextras.rizzo.gabriele
themeVer=1.3
themeInstaller=com.google.android.packageinstaller
device=Sony G8441
swVer=47.2.A.10.80
subsLiteVer=0.5.12
errorMessage=

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@color/boardwalk_facet_bar_background').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:8: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@color/facet_bar_hairline_color').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/FacetBarIcon').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_overview_solid').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/FacetBarButton').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_nc_icon_seen').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:59: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/FacetBarIcon').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:65: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_assistant_mic').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:73: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/demand_space_logo_background').

BDW:

Previous version of AA Extras 1.2 into AA 5.3 works fine.

Last edited:

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Here you are:

theme=aaextras.rizzo.gabriele
themeVer=1.3
themeInstaller=com.google.android.packageinstaller
device=Sony G8441
swVer=47.2.A.10.80
subsLiteVer=0.5.12
errorMessage=

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:2: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@color/boardwalk_facet_bar_background').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:8: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@color/facet_bar_hairline_color').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/FacetBarIcon').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:15: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_overview_solid').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/FacetBarButton').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:35: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_nc_icon_seen').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:59: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'style' with value '@style/FacetBarIcon').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:65: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'src' with value '@drawable/ic_assistant_mic').

/type3common/layout/gh_facet_bar_1.xml:73: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'background' with value '@drawable/demand_space_logo_background').

BDW:

Previous version of AA Extras 1.2 into AA 5.3 works fine.

Oh I know what happened! I've left a file that wasn't supposed to be there! It will be fixed in next version coming between today and tomorrow probably

Jozo1911

Jun 1, 2020
Malacky
Ok I supposed something like that. I will wait for new version. After releasing I will let you know if the problem is solved or not. Thank you.

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

Version 2.0 brings the following changes:

• Heads up notifications can be now modified. They can be smaller, translucent or both! They can also be gradient themed (by also building "Heads Up Have Gradient" extra)
  • Most of the extras have been renamed to have a shorter name. This is to avoid reaching the characters limit in Substratum that will lead built overlays to always stay pink
  • A welcome dialog will now show up when opening Extras For AA. It will contain all the useful information, help, as well as options to make a donation to me. If you like my work, even a small amount will be appreciated ?
  • More option for immersive mode: bottom bar can be now set to 0.9x and 0.01x. The latter is very dangerous, bar will basically be totally hidden and launcher will be unreacheable. Please choose 0.01 only if you know what you're doing.
  • Revisited some gradient names
  • Purple gradient has been revisited
  • Added 4 new gradients

Also new: Extras For AA is now open source! https://github.com/shmykelsa/extras4aa

If you previously built overlays of Extras for AA, please first uninstall them. You can install them back just fine with new version.

jrenascimento

Sep 25, 2007
Curitiba-PR
I want to thank the developer and the people who helped him, for the excellent work. I am using themes and extras. Everything is perfect here. I tested several functions and themes and everything is ok, with version 2.0 and AA 5.4. I have been searching for some way to customize AA and found your solution. Thank you very much for your time and for the kindness of how you respond to users. Next week I will send you some coffees. Forgive me for my English. A hug

Reactions: shmykelsa

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I want to thank the developer and the people who helped him, for the excellent work. I am using themes and extras. Everything is perfect here. I tested several functions and themes and everything is ok, with version 2.0 and AA 5.4. I have been searching for some way to customize AA and found your solution. Thank you very much for your time and for the kindness of how you respond to users. Next week I will send you some coffees. Forgive me for my English. A hug

Hi. How I promised, I have tested your apk and everything works fine now. Thank you for your effort on this useful application.

Thanks for the kind words you guys. I really appreciate them :)

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

Version 2.1 brings the following changes:

• New styles for status bar!
  • Just Clock and Just clock centered, for who wants just the clock
  • Hide Signal and hide signal centered will hide the signal icons
  • And also now the music/maps widget can be filled with gradient

CLEAN INSTALL IS RECOMENDED
If you previously built overlays of Extras for AA, it is best advised to first uninstall them. You can install them back just fine with new version.

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

Version 2.2 brings the following changes:

• Added option to have normal-sized heads up notifications for call even when heads up are set to be smaller
  • Removed a duplicate option of status bar with only clock visible and centered
  • Added an extra for normal status bar but with clock centered
  • Added 4 gradients (Deep Space, Forest, Miami Dolphins, Suzy)

Reactions: oskardto
shmykelsa,

Great work! One thing on version 2.2 is that when I add certain options (gradient colorbar, etc.) I reboot my phone and when I go into manager, the settings show pink (reboot to apply). It does not seem to properly install (orange or green).

I can change the text, background, and accent but other options do not apply.

Just wondering if you or other users may have some advice.

Cheers,
B.D.

shmykelsa

Nov 21, 2013
Lecce
OnePlus 6T
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
shmykelsa,

Great work! One thing on version 2.2 is that when I add certain options (gradient colorbar, etc.) I reboot my phone and when I go into manager, the settings show pink (reboot to apply). It does not seem to properly install (orange or green).

I can change the text, background, and accent but other options do not apply.

Just wondering if you or other users may have some advice.

Cheers,
B.D.

Hello,

the problem is with Substratum that has a char limit. As stated in the OP, if you wanna change the colours manually, make sure you just build an overlay with one (or two, or all) of the first three options.

The problem is that whenever an overlay is built, the name of the APK that will be placed in system will be com.google.android.projection.gearhead (that is the package name of Android Auto, which is pretty long by itself), and then the name of the overlays, so for each of the first three colours, it's gonna be an hex colour, so 6 characters each. Selecting the first three are 18 characters already, and they are basically very near the limit.

Hello,

the problem is with Substratum that has a char limit. As stated in the OP, if you wanna change the colours manually, make sure you just build an overlay with one (or two, or all) of the first three options.

The problem is that whenever an overlay is built, the name of the APK that will be placed in system will be com.google.android.projection.gearhead (that is the package name of Android Auto, which is pretty long by itself), and then the name of the overlays, so for each of the first three colours, it's gonna be an hex colour, so 6 characters each. Selecting the first three are 18 characters already, and they are basically very near the limit.

Aha. I had thought I had seen that instruction, but I was looking in the thread and not in the OP. I will hang my head in shame for not fully investigating. :)

Thank you for pointing this out again. I was able to build the theme I want and it looks great!

Colored app names, centered status bar, gradient fill in the bottom.

One issue I noticed is, while the order of application is critical for the way this is built, the manage priorities has a huge box where the choices are all the way in the right (right justified?) and so manipulating these overlays is a little cumbersome.

Please do not take this as criticism. This work is brilliant and I truly appreciate it. I only want to help make it even better.

Again, thanks for your hard work!

Cheers,
B.D.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QoN3diIh.jpg

Are you bored of Android Auto UI? You can't stand the fact that on your car you have two clocks on the screen? Do you want to personalize your look of Android Auto tweaking the UI to your likings?

If yes is the answer to any of the questions above, you are in the right place!

Meet Extras For AA Collection, the most advanced way to tweak Android Auto's look

Extras For AA + Wallpapers For AA = 💕

In case you missed it, I've made another Substratum Theme for Android Auto to personalize the default background. Check out Wallpapers For AA now!

1. Extras For AA

Extras For AA is the first theme of the collection. It was born to be a theme to personalize some elements in Android Auto, and now it is a very comprehensive theme that can tweak a lot of things inside Android Auto.

Here's a preview of what this theme can do:
    3c9eb33b7b66fa4b1f91c.png

06609c8714f8ec188f8b5.png

cfde7a2dd4ce75cf8efa3.png

CUSTOM BAR MODES
    5cf316cd83b54300eb26b.png

Custom bar modes!

One Button? Two Buttons? Three Buttons?

One Button: navbar is just launcher icon
    Two Buttons: combine launcher icon with the recent app or notification icon
    Three buttons: combine launcher with notifications and recent app

Madness Mode = Clock instead of launcher icon

+N = + Notifications
    +Q = + Quick access app

H = Horizontal
    V = Vertical

Other modifications available:

• Reduce or remove bottom bar/status bar of AA
    • Personalize the look of 3rd party apps menus like navigators (AmiGo, Sygic, 2GIS...)
    • Swap the launcher button with the clock, thanks to madness mode
    • Pick your favourite gradient and apply it to what you'd like! Bar, widget, heads up notifications and even custom bar modes!
    • Customize colours of various things such as accent (bottom widget), bottom bar, caption of apps, heads up notifications, notification center...
    • Choose between all the status bar customization
    • Much much more!

There's an entire document covering most of the options available. Check out now more previews!

LEGACY VERSION

If your device can't run Substratum Lite, download the specific version of Extras For AA which is called Legacy. This version is optimized for old devices that can't run Substratum Lite.
    If your device can run Substratum Lite, go for normal one!

2. Icons For AA

With Icons For AA (previously Extras For AA Icons Special) you can personalizse:
    • Exit Icons
    • Status Bar Icons
    • Bottom bar Icons
    • More to come!

3. Animations For AA

Third and newest theme from the Extras For AA collection. With Animations For AA, you can personalize:
    • App switch animation
    • App enter animation (Android Auto 6.1+)
    • App exit animation (Android Auto 6.1+)
    • Notification animations

Icons For AA and Animations For AA have no Legacy version

Compatibility

Android 11?

Substratum is very limited on Android 11 and for the time being it can only apply very light modifications to user-installed apps. This is out of my control and I don't know whether it will be fixed or not. Extras For AA has so many modifications and making a very light version for Android 11 is just not worth it. Icons For AA and Animations For AA will mostly work fine.

Synergy?

For some reasons, Synergy won't apply themes outside of the phone's screen. This has been an ongoing issue since OneUI 1.0 and unfortunately I don't think it will be ever fixed. Blame Samsung!

Android 6?

You can technically install Substratum on Android 6, but it relies on a old implementation that is not compatible with the actual Substratum. Android 6 is not supported.

Stay updated!

If you don't want to miss out on development, be sure to check out the Telegram channel dedicated to all Android Auto themes. My telegram channel is my go to place to stay constantly updated on new releases and new development progress!

Downloads

Downloads of Extras For AA collections are available on GitHub in three different repositories.

Download - Extras For AA
    Download - Icons For AA
    Download - Animations For AA

Souce Code
    This theme is open source and hosted on GitHub!

Version 2.0 brings the following changes:

• Heads up notifications can be now modified. They can be smaller, translucent or both! They can also be gradient themed (by also building "Heads Up Have Gradient" extra)
    • Most of the extras have been renamed to have a shorter name. This is to avoid reaching the characters limit in Substratum that will lead built overlays to always stay pink
    • A welcome dialog will now show up when opening Extras For AA. It will contain all the useful information, help, as well as options to make a donation to me. If you like my work, even a small amount will be appreciated ?
    • More option for immersive mode: bottom bar can be now set to 0.9x and 0.01x. The latter is very dangerous, bar will basically be totally hidden and launcher will be unreacheable. Please choose 0.01 only if you know what you're doing.
    • Revisited some gradient names
    • Purple gradient has been revisited
    • Added 4 new gradients

Also new: Extras For AA is now open source! https://github.com/shmykelsa/extras4aa

Version 2.1 brings the following changes:

• New styles for status bar!
    • Just Clock and Just clock centered, for who wants just the clock
    • Hide Signal and hide signal centered will hide the signal icons
    • And also now the music/maps widget can be filled with gradient

Heya!

Extras For AA and Extras For AA (LEGACY) updates are live on GitHub

Version 5.1 features several new options to enhance widescreen mode and some bug fixes! You can check out the full changelog to learn more.

Download

If you really like my work, please consider a donation. Even a small amount will be appreciated. Check out my bio down below to know how you can send me a coffee or a beer!

USEFUL LINKS:
    DOWNLOAD Extras For AA
    DOWNLOAD Icons For AA
    DOWNLOAD Animations For AA

FAQ AND KNOWN ISSUES
    PREVIEWS (Extras For AA)
    PREVIEWS (Animations For AA)