[THEME][SUBSTRATUM] SystemUI Overlays for Samsung

Search This thread

zaacc

Jan 24, 2017
heroimage.jpg
Hi XDA community, here's the support thread for my Substratum theme.

For the time being I've themed only AoD home button and navbar with some cool styles and animations, but I'm planning to theme a lot of other things.

The theme is open source! https://github.com/allezacc/SystemUiOverlaysSamsung

I suggest you to join telegram support chat, here's the invite to link: https://t.me/joinchat/DRdNQUoL8JsMkKyL708-pQ

Thanks to these guys that helped for making this theme possible:

@marco_wack

@shizzel

@envy~

@OhayouBaka (make sure to check his theme too https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/themes/theme-statusbar-icons-extras-samsung-t3658050)

@skricciolo1981

@svandasek

and many more!

FAQ:

1) Does it work on Oreo beta? Yes, use OREO ONLY variant.

2) Does it work on Nougat? Yes, use NOUGAT ONLY variant.

3) "It doesn't work on latest oreo beta!1!11"

It works on latest oreo beta, but Samsung messed up a few Substratum things.

So the new procedure to apply is:

- install the overlay with substratum

- reboot and activate the overlay with substratum(not in the manager)

You'll need to do this procedure only once, next time it will apply fine.

Changelog: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BbAB0rpsrC10ECAprX3QeTX-fJFM_01by3YDID_7Nrc/edit?usp=sharing

Download and screenshots are in the attachments.
View attachment SystemUi_Overlays_for_Samsung.apk
screener_1515969676969.jpg photo_2018-01-15_00-11-48.jpg

Last edited:

partcyborg

Recognized Developer
Jun 23, 2017
This is great! Thank you for adding to the Samsung substratum community, something that is getting bigger every day but is still way too small. I installed your theme and checked out all the navbars. I'm curious about one thing:

My favorite is the pixel 2 one, largely because I love the animation. I noticed though that it's almost (and maybe is) identical to the one in the statusbars for substratum theme. I noticed you thanked him in the op, so was that something you worked on together? Or used the same source? Or maybe it's not actually the same at all and yours is different underneath ?

I'm also curious what your plans are for future updates. Plans for a donate version? (Id happily donate/buy a donate version as I do to support all Samsung sub developers). Particularly Samsung needs more actual system theme options for things like settings and the qs section, and we only have 1 other theme for statusbar and lockscreen mods. Curious to know where you are wanting to take this!

Reactions: Alex9090

zaacc

Jan 24, 2017
This is great! Thank you for adding to the Samsung substratum community, something that is getting bigger every day but is still way too small. I installed your theme and checked out all the navbars. I'm curious about one thing:

My favorite is the pixel 2 one, largely because I love the animation. I noticed though that it's almost (and maybe is) identical to the one in the statusbars for substratum theme. I noticed you thanked him in the op, so was that something you worked on together? Or used the same source? Or maybe it's not actually the same at all and yours is different underneath ?

I'm also curious what your plans are for future updates. Plans for a donate version? (Id happily donate/buy a donate version as I do to support all Samsung sub developers). Particularly Samsung needs more actual system theme options for things like settings and the qs section, and we only have 1 other theme for statusbar and lockscreen mods. Curious to know where you are wanting to take this!
Well, the navbar is the same. A guy made it in my old thread, and then i colored the pngs for the animation on oreo and ohayoubaka added them to his theme.
For donations, i will add soon PayPal link and in the future i plan to put the theme on play store with a donate version too. I will theme for sure status bar and qs too

Reactions: skricciolo1981

boom_bee

Mar 19, 2013
Been looking for something like this, but just to be correct I need to have substratum to install correctly on Oreo beta?

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Been looking for something like this, but just to be correct I need to have substratum to install correctly on Oreo beta?

Please delete this post found my answer

irev_olution12

Apr 6, 2018
Hi Zaacc, I installed it via Substratum and andromeda. Worked ok for 1 day. My battery went flat and once it was charged, the nav bar disappeared. Now it suggested it has the latest version but it wont let me enable. Same applies with the status bar LTE. Any fixes? Its quite frustrating as theres nothing online on how to fix it.... Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    heroimage.jpg
    Hi XDA community, here's the support thread for my Substratum theme.

For the time being I've themed only AoD home button and navbar with some cool styles and animations, but I'm planning to theme a lot of other things.

The theme is open source! https://github.com/allezacc/SystemUiOverlaysSamsung

I suggest you to join telegram support chat, here's the invite to link: https://t.me/joinchat/DRdNQUoL8JsMkKyL708-pQ

Thanks to these guys that helped for making this theme possible:

@marco_wack

@shizzel

@envy~

@OhayouBaka (make sure to check his theme too https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8+/themes/theme-statusbar-icons-extras-samsung-t3658050)

@skricciolo1981

@svandasek

and many more!

FAQ:

1) Does it work on Oreo beta? Yes, use OREO ONLY variant.

2) Does it work on Nougat? Yes, use NOUGAT ONLY variant.

3) "It doesn't work on latest oreo beta!1!11"

It works on latest oreo beta, but Samsung messed up a few Substratum things.

So the new procedure to apply is:

- install the overlay with substratum

- reboot and activate the overlay with substratum(not in the manager)

You'll need to do this procedure only once, next time it will apply fine.

Changelog: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BbAB0rpsrC10ECAprX3QeTX-fJFM_01by3YDID_7Nrc/edit?usp=sharing

Download and screenshots are in the attachments.
    View attachment SystemUi_Overlays_for_Samsung.apk
    screener_1515969676969.jpg photo_2018-01-15_00-11-48.jpg
    New version 7!
    Added status bar icons, Updated heroimage
    View attachment Update7.1.apk

Well, the navbar is the same. A guy made it in my old thread, and then i colored the pngs for the animation on oreo and ohayoubaka added them to his theme.
    For donations, i will add soon PayPal link and in the future i plan to put the theme on play store with a donate version too. I will theme for sure status bar and qs too
    New version 7!
    Added status bar icons, Updated heroimage