[THEME] SwiftKey X ICS Theme v1.1

Search This thread

trakuna

Feb 10, 2011
Hey folks,

Today I played around with the SwiftKey apk and build my own ICS Theme. So far I have only tested it with my own phone and version (DHD with 200 DPI, SwiftKey X v2.2.0.121). Feel free to follow the short tutorial and enjoy the ICS experience. ;)

Requirements:
  • Installed JDK
  • AutoSign (see attachments)
  • WinRAR or 7zip (untested)
  • SwiftKey X (tested with v2.2.0.121)

Steps:
  1. Download the attachments
  2. Pull the SwiftKey apk off your phone
  3. Open the apk with WinRAR or 7zip
  4. Copy the content of the "ICS Theme.zip" into the equivalent folders in the SwiftKey apk
    Most of the files have to go into the "res" folder - Only "resources.arsc" has to go into the root folder!
  5. Delete the "META-INF" folder inside the apk file
  6. Sign the apk using AutoSign by copying it into the AutoSign folder and starting "sign.bat"
    [*]Deinstall your previous version of SwiftKey X
  7. Install new one
  8. Change the theme inside the SwiftKey Properties
  9. Enjoy, hit the thanks button and leave some feedback!

Changelog:
Code:
[B]SwiftKey X ICS Theme v1.1 (13 February 2012)[/B]
- [FIXED] Fonts

[B]SwiftKey X ICS Theme v1.0 (12 February 2012)[/B]
- Initial release
- HDPI only!

Attachments

• AutoSign.zip
    9.6 KB · Views: 1,342
Last edited:

fergie716

May 14, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Works great thanks!

425752e5-5167-ff84.jpg

I'd add, don't delete the folders inside SwiftKey apk, just open archive each folder, then copy/paste the contents inside each one.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

ain_gt

Sep 10, 2010
Bandung
Done! working perfectly :)
But I have a question here
Why my layout doesn't seems to match your screenshot
it match fergie716 SS

Last edited:
Reactions: trakuna

trakuna

Feb 10, 2011
it match fergie716 SS
Does the rest of your system look normal?

EDIT: I just realized that I've put the wrong fonts in the package. Sorry for the inconvenience, v1.1 uploaded...

Last edited:

lparcshinoda

Apr 23, 2011
Terracina (LT)
www.arcweb.it
After installing I can see my app themed like the 1st screenshot you've posted. It's nicer than the stock one but I'd like to have SK themed like the SECOND screenshot you've posted :( or anyway you should use a darker gray far keys, much similar to the one in the stock Android keyboard... that will look cool!

This better matches the ICS gray. The other one is too Bright imho.

To improve this mod, I suggest you to ad a themed "dark theme" with ICS blue replacing the Gingerbread green.... That would be REALLY appreciated, something like this posted in the VIP forums of SK.

I'll try to make it myself and see what happens.

Anyway, you did a really good work!

Last edited:

trakuna

Feb 10, 2011
After installing I can see my app themed like the 1st screenshot you've posted. It's nicer than the stock one but I'd like to have SK themed like the SECOND screenshot you've posted :( or anyway you should use a darker gray far keys, much similar to the one in the stock Android keyboard... that will look cool!

This better matches the ICS gray. The other one is too Bright imho.

To improve this mod, I suggest you to ad a themed "dark theme" with ICS blue replacing the Gingerbread green.... That would be REALLY appreciated, something like this posted in the VIP forums of SK.

I'll try to make it myself and see what happens.

Anyway, you did a really good work!
The second screenshot shows the popup when long pressing a key, it's actually the same theme. If you like it a bit darker, just go ahead and change "default_btn_keyboard_key_normal_numbers.9.png" as well as "default_btn_keyboard_key_normal.9.png" to your taste. Don't forget signing the apk before you copy it to your phone!

EDIT: As for the actual "dark theme" you mentioned... I'll see what i can come up with tomorrow.

lparcshinoda

Apr 23, 2011
Terracina (LT)
www.arcweb.it
The second screenshot shows the popup when long pressing a key, it's actually the same theme. If you like it a bit darker, just go ahead and change "default_btn_keyboard_key_normal_numbers.9.png" as well as "default_btn_keyboard_key_normal.9.png" to your taste. Don't forget signing the apk before you copy it to your phone!

EDIT: As for the actual "dark theme" you mentioned... I'll see what i can come up with tomorrow.

well, actually I tryed to modify some of the res files, but they lose the transparency of the background after being saved with photoshop :( never happened this before (transparency is lost even if not modifing the file and obviously saving in png format).

Thanks for the help!

projeqht

Feb 5, 2012
Wonder if the theming is possible for non-HDPI devices? I couldn't get the install to work on my Galaxy S2 LTE (sgh-i727r) so I'm guessing my phone isn't HDPI..

Was it difficult for you to dev this? I'm thinking about trying to make the theme possible for non-HDPI devices if it wasn't too too complicated.

rmk40

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 13, 2010
This was exactly what I wanted. Works perfectly, thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey folks,

Today I played around with the SwiftKey apk and build my own ICS Theme. So far I have only tested it with my own phone and version (DHD with 200 DPI, SwiftKey X v2.2.0.121). Feel free to follow the short tutorial and enjoy the ICS experience. ;)

Requirements:
    • Installed JDK
    • AutoSign (see attachments)
    • WinRAR or 7zip (untested)
    • SwiftKey X (tested with v2.2.0.121)

Steps:
    1. Download the attachments
    2. Pull the SwiftKey apk off your phone
    3. Open the apk with WinRAR or 7zip
    4. Copy the content of the "ICS Theme.zip" into the equivalent folders in the SwiftKey apk
      Most of the files have to go into the "res" folder - Only "resources.arsc" has to go into the root folder!
    5. Delete the "META-INF" folder inside the apk file
    6. Sign the apk using AutoSign by copying it into the AutoSign folder and starting "sign.bat"
      [*]Deinstall your previous version of SwiftKey X
    7. Install new one
    8. Change the theme inside the SwiftKey Properties
    9. Enjoy, hit the thanks button and leave some feedback!

Changelog:
    Code:
    [B]SwiftKey X ICS Theme v1.1 (13 February 2012)[/B]
    - [FIXED] Fonts

[B]SwiftKey X ICS Theme v1.0 (12 February 2012)[/B]
    - Initial release
    - HDPI only!
    Works great thanks!

425752e5-5167-ff84.jpg

I'd add, don't delete the folders inside SwiftKey apk, just open archive each folder, then copy/paste the contents inside each one.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    it match fergie716 SS
    Could you post the link? Im to dumb to find the swiftkey.apk on my nexus to alter it. thx
    Here we go: http://vip.swiftkey.net/index.php?/topic/3299-ice-cream-sandwich-theme-please-vote/

The apk should be located in "/data/app" - you need root to read in that folder!
    I'm using this mod on the newest version 2.2.0.159 and it works and looks Great! Thanks so much I have been waiting for this forever! lol

if anyone is wondering how to get the .apk, use ES File Explorer, go to the app manager and backup swiftkey x to your sd card.

Also when signing the .apk extract the Auto-Sign.zip and move the modded .apk into the extracted Auto-Sign folder. (I know there is a README file but I just thought I would post it and save someone some time lol)

for anyone interested http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1016053
    this is a nice theme as well although I have not got them to work together.

Again thanks for the fantastic theme!

MIUI 1.12.23 OG Epic 4G Samauri TANTO kernel