[Theme]Tapatalk 5/6-- Black/Blue/Gray -- Black/Red/Gray -- Black/Green/Gray

Search This thread

Whiskey103

Senior Moderator / Member Advocate Admin / DC / RT
Staff member
Jun 6, 2009
Tell me, I’m lost . . .
www.whiskey103.nl
Good news ppl, latest Tapatalk finally decompiled and compiled again without errors against latest aapt and apktool.

Will try to update asap. Stay tuned [emoji106]

Ehh, bad news ppl.
Iam afraid theming tapatalk is over for xda forum at least.

This latest 7.2.2 version is pulling color shades from the forums, you know...this pooooop brown statusbar and menu bar thing ehhh :p
My guess its comming straight from the tapa API connected with the XDA forums.
I tried to intercept this "calls" but no luck so far.....grrrr

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
Ehh, bad news ppl.

This latest 7.2.2 version is pulling color shades from the forums, you know...this pooooop brown statusbar and menu bar thing ehhh :p

Hey at least you tried to theme it, as I haven't used/installed it in months now after I noticed what kind of battery hog it was... So no clue what changes they recently made. :eek:

I'll continue to use labs for my reading needs.

Sent from my Galaxy Note8 using XDA Labs

MicrosoftBug

Jun 2, 2006
Miami, FL
Ehh, bad news ppl.

That's very unfortunate, I'll never understand why the Tapatalk devs constantly make bad decisions like that. Here's an idea... what about theming a slightly older version of the app that doesn't have that functionality baked in? It would still be newer than the most current themed one.

Thebear j koss

• Oct 24, 2012
    NYC
    www.designrifts.com
    That's very unfortunate, I'll never understand why the Tapatalk devs constantly make bad decisions like that. Here's an idea... what about theming a slightly older version of the app that doesn't have that functionality baked in? It would still be newer than the most current themed one.
    Read back the past few pages, couldn't modify previous versions with apktool.

aheeejd

Jan 5, 2012
    off the coast o the kontiki!
    Yeah it's to bad this type of stuff had to happen. The new tapatalk pro app, like when you are reading a thread it's like 1 giant continuous page, doesn't break them down to 10 to a page. I don't like that at all & I couldn't figure out how to turn that off. Anyways, miss the updates but still use these

Sent from my LG-LS990 using Tapatalk

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
    Jun 17, 2009
    Los Angeles Ca.
    Yeah it's to bad this type of stuff had to happen. The new tapatalk pro app, like when you are reading a thread it's like 1 giant continuous page, doesn't break them down to 10 to a page. I don't like that at all & I couldn't figure out how to turn that off. Anyways, miss the updates but still use these

After seeing your post I might just install our just to see how crazy that app is now. Haven't used it in months due to the high battery drain and constant alarms waking the device. But will try it for a few days then uninstall after testing. Tapa was once the go-to app for browsing the forums. Now all I use is Xda Labs:good:

Sent from my Galaxy Note8 using XDA Labs

Venom0642

Recognized Contributor
    May 7, 2012
    Laramie, Wyoming
    plus.google.com
    After seeing your post I might just install our just to see how crazy that app is now. Haven't used it in months due to the high battery drain and constant alarms waking the device. But will try it for a few days then uninstall after testing. Tapa was once the go-to app for browsing the forums. Now all I use is Xda Labs:good:
    Yup i use XDA LABS more but i do have latest Tapatalk as well .

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note8 using XDA Labs

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts