[THEME][TWRP] TWRP 3.x dark stock theme pack w different colors v4 [04.01.2021]

Search This thread

fichl

Recognized Themer
Oct 30, 2007
Berlin
For future information... V4 also works in Android 11. Some might want to know that..
is there even any android11 twrp image? if yes, can you send me a link to the img file ?

In order to change the theme from within twrp i had to modify portrait.xml.
this file is different in android9 twrp images compared to the few android10 twrp images i could find.

So using android9 theme pack on android10 twrp image would "work" but you would loose some functions / menus / translatios...

cheers

Oblias

Sep 3, 2016
is there even any android11 twrp image? if yes, can you send me a link to the img file ?

In order to change the theme from within twrp i had to modify portrait.xml.
this file is different in android9 twrp images compared to the few android10 twrp images i could find.

So using android9 theme pack on android10 twrp image would "work" but you would loose some functions / menus / translatios...

cheers

I'm just using the new TWRP Official 3.5.0_9-0 for my device, and as I say, I can choose from any of the themes within the pack after I flash your zip file. It even respects the option to make the header dark, which for me, is what I like best. I have not lost any functions / menus / translations at all.

This might be a little OT, but while I'm at it, I have also discovered that this version of TWRP will also now let you restore a Nandroid backup, and it actually works!! I haven't been able to do that for a couple of years. I always got some sort of error when restoring in the past couple years, no matter what the ROM was that I used.

Also OT, but useful information, is that now with this version of TWRP, if anyone is inclined to use Magisk for root in an Android 11 ROM, you can use the newest version of Magisk, and it works just fine. Before you would have to use a debug version of Magisk, and change the manager to an older version that was hosted on a special server... I mean, it got the job done, but you had to jump thru hoops to get there.

Now it's just like in the past... Flash TWRP, flash Magisk 21.2, and everything is golden! (y)

rippledrums

Jun 5, 2012
Portugal
Hi,

First of all I'd like to thank you for your work on this @fichl

I'd like to know though, how I'd go about making a user theme that's basically the stock twrp theme, but instead of the blue parts, I'd like to set another color.

I have very little experience with XML files so if you or anyone could point me to the values I need to change I'd appreciate it.

Keep up the good work 👍

scoobyjenkins

• Jul 8, 2012
    Leeds
    Hi,

I'd like to know though, how I'd go about making a user theme that's basically the stock twrp theme, but instead of the blue parts, I'd like to set another color.

I have very little experience with XML files so if you or anyone could point me to the values I need to change I'd appreciate it.

Keep up the good work 👍

You'd need to edit a lot of the images as well. For the XML files you can compare the original TWRP files with those from an existing theme to get an idea of what to change, then it can be trial and error.

fichl

Recognized Themer
    Oct 30, 2007
    Berlin
    Hi,

Keep up the good work 👍

You'd need to edit a lot of the images as well. For the XML files you can compare the original TWRP files with those from an existing theme to get an idea of what to change, then it can be trial and error.

exactly,
    to get a better understanding about the colors i recommend using visual studio code with the colorize extension.
    open stock ui.xml and user ui.xml, select both and choose compare in the context menu and you will see all edits in the user ui.xml with visualized colors.

Screenshot_215.png

Screenshot_214.png

make your changes, save and replace the xml file and the edited images to ui.zip and youre done ;)

cheers

soilentgreen

Oct 23, 2012
    Edit: nevermind I succeed to change all fonts.
    I edited
    DroidSansFallback.ttf
    DroidSansMono.ttf
    NotoSansCJKjp-Regular.ttf
    RobotoCondensed-Regular.ttf
    with FontCreator and replace them with the originals.

hey @fichl, thank you for your themes they are great!!
    I'm with note 8 pie, and twrp 3.5.0_9-0. I want to change the font. how can it be done?

thanks

Last edited:

fichl

Recognized Themer
    Oct 30, 2007
    Berlin
    Hey,
    I use pack v4 android 9, fichls red theme.
    How can I add background image to the theme?

Thanks
    Add your background image to ui.zip/themes/fichl_red/images/
    In best case make it the same size than your native screen resolution.

Then edit ui.xml in the ui.zip/themes/fichl_red/ folder to load the image background.
    You can compare the original ui.xml file with the one in imagebg folder to see how.
    This will make the twrp interface a bit laggy though...
    Cheers

soilentgreen

Oct 23, 2012

Then edit ui.xml in the ui.zip/themes/fichl_red/ folder to load the image background.
    You can compare the original ui.xml file with the one in imagebg folder to see how.
    Cheers

Thank you. :)

Reactions: fichl

soilentgreen

Oct 23, 2012

Cheers

@fichl , Can you help me with the background image?
    after I put bacground.png of 1080X1920 resolution in fichl_red/images/ , compare the ui.xml of fichi_red to ui.xml of imagebg, and changed/add some codes, twrp stuck on splashscreen.
    I noticed that there is some difference information between the two .xmls:
    in imagebg/ui.xml the length and the pos are 26,565, and in fichl_red/ui.xml they are 26,563.
    I can't find any difference in the code.
    I attached the ui.xml of fichl_red I compare and edit, and the bg.png.
    Can you please look and tell me what the problem?
    Thank you very much!

Attachments

• BG_UI.zip
      885.2 KB · Views: 17
    Last edited:

fichl

Recognized Themer
    Oct 30, 2007
    Berlin
    @fichl , Can you help me with the background image?
    after I put bacground.png of 1080X1920 resolution in fichl_red/images/ , compare the ui.xml of fichi_red to ui.xml of imagebg, and changed/add some codes, twrp stuck on splashscreen.
    I noticed that there is some difference information between the two .xmls:
    in imagebg/ui.xml the length and the pos are 26,565, and in fichl_red/ui.xml they are 26,563.
    I can't find any difference in the code.
    I attached the ui.xml of fichl_red I compare and edit, and the bg.png.
    Can you please look and tell me what the problem?
    Thank you very much!
    looks good to me...
    you could try to use your bg image in the imagebg theme (just replace the png, not changing the ui.xml).
    what other changes did you make ?

soilentgreen

Oct 23, 2012
    Hey @fichl
    When change pics or add/change code, twrp can get stuck on bootloop or stuck on splashscreen, and the solution would be flash the twrp image.tar via odin.
    But this is not work all the time. I flash the image.tar time after time (no less than 15 times), and other twrp virsion until it "stick".
    I think what cause it is the change we made to twrp theme is still there after the flash.
    So maybe there is way to pass this by add scrip to delete the themes, and activate it when we change things?
    I suggest it because it can be nightmare to flash twrp time after time ( reboot, enter to download mode, reboot again..) and hope this time it "stick".
    What do you think?

fichl

Recognized Themer
    Oct 30, 2007
    Berlin
    Hey @fichl
    When change pics or add/change code, twrp can get stuck on bootloop or stuck on splashscreen, and the solution would be flash the twrp image.tar via odin.
    But this is not work all the time. I flash the image.tar time after time (no less than 15 times), and other twrp virsion until it "stick".
    I think what cause it is the change we made to twrp theme is still there after the flash.
    So maybe there is way to pass this by add scrip to delete the themes, and activate it when we change things?
    I suggest it because it can be nightmare to flash twrp time after time ( reboot, enter to download mode, reboot again..) and hope this time it "stick".
    What do you think?
    I never had such issues...
    Also you don't need to reflash twrp when the ui.zip is broken.
    Just boot into system, delete or rename the ui.zip and twrp should load fine...

Last edited:

soilentgreen

Oct 23, 2012
    hey @fichl ,
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Finally I succeeded to add background image. The problem was with the image.
    But I need help. the background appears only when I untick "use only theme color with dark headers"
    there is any way to tick "use only theme color with dark headers" so all will be red with the background?
    please, can you help me?

Thanks again.

fichl

Recognized Themer
    Oct 30, 2007
    Berlin
    hey @fichl ,
    Thank you very much for your help.
    Finally I succeeded to add background image. The problem was with the image.
    But I need help. the background appears only when I untick "use only theme color with dark headers"
    there is any way to tick "use only theme color with dark headers" so all will be red with the background?
    please, can you help me?

Thanks again.
    the dark header themes are all seperate themes found in /themes/00_dark_headers/ subfolders.
    so if you want your image in the red theme with dark headers you will have to put your image there and modify that ui.xml

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      TWRP 3.5.x dark stock theme pack v3 with different colors

fichls_twrp_theme_pack_270.gif

Features:
      - over a dozend themes included
      - change theme feature
      - 7 empty user folders in ui.zip/themes/ where you can place your own mods and mixes
      - chmod 644 button for file manager

thanks to @z31s1g for his great TWRP 2.x theme
      had a peek into your files to learn about extra functions...
      credits for the amazing auto generated backup name feature are to you !!!
      also your work gave me the idea to add a change theme feature in the first place.
      :good:

How to install the theme:
      - do not use these themes on TWRP 2.8.x, so make sure you´re running TWRP 3.0.0.x or greater!
      - choose your version and flash the zip file in recovery
      - hit home button - advanced - reload theme
      - head to advanced - theme options - change theme and choose your favorite color

Versions:
      - v4 is compatible with twrp 3.5.x (themeversion 4)
      - v3 and up should work on portrait and landscape devices
      - standard seems to work on most devices but not on all using /sdcard/ as path for internal storage
      - marshmallow version should work on all devices running marshmallow using /data/media/0/ as path
      - @G.M.L made a version for devices using /emmc/ as path for internal storage --> here

flash at your own risk. always have a backup before flashing stuff...
      i am not responsible if anything goes wrong.

latest version for TWRP 3.5.0 and above with themeversion 4 for android9 and android 10.x twrp images -->
      see below (fichls_twrp_theme_pack_v4_android9_flashable.zip & fichls_twrp_theme_pack_v4_android10_flashable.zip)

here is a video review by @musabcel

enjoy

old versions:
      how to change TWRP splash screen

As every device has its own TWRP.img which cant be used on another device,
      you´ll need to download the lastest TWRP.img for your device (the one you actually have flashed on your device ;))

now the .img file has to be extraced... there´s a great tool for that task named Android Image Kitchen
      so hit the link above and download the version of your choice in the attachment of the first post.
      personally i used v2.4 for windows while writing this...

extract Android Image Kitchen to your desktop and copy your TWRP.img into that folder
      open the Android Image Kitchen folder in your explorer and drag the TWRP.img file into the unpackimg.bat with your mouse
      ignore the split_img folder that was created in that process and open the ramdisk folder
      inside the ramdisk folder enter the twres folder

the stock splash screen uses to .png files from the images folder inside that twres folder:
      - splashlogo.png
      - splashteamwin.png

those files already exist in the theme.zip in a matching version for each color and you can just copy them
      to your Android Image Kitchen\ramdisk\twres\images folder replacing the existing ones
      or edit them to your likings in gimp or whatever you wanna use and save them (needs to be saved as .png file!)

if you want to use a custom fullscreen splashscreen use the splash.xml from the attachment (unzip to twres folder)
      and place a 1080x1920 (or 1920x1200 for landscape) .png file into images folder and name it
      splash.png

additionally you can edit the splash.xml inside the twres folder where the background of the splash screen is controlled
      the lines you need to edit are line 20 - 22
      Code:
      <variable name="background_color" value="#222222"/>
      <variable name="header_color" value="#555555"/>
      <variable name="accent_color" value="#0090CA"/>

first is the main background, second the header color and last should be the color for TWRP version on the bottom
      the color needs to be in hex format

after you´re done save the xml file and close it
      head back to the Android Image Kitchen folder and double click on the repackimg.bat file
      this will create a image-new.img in that folder which is your modified TWRP.img

now you can flash that img file same way you´d flash a stock TWRP.img

updated theme

updated the theme to a single flashable zip containig all colors and submissions ;)

Changes:
      - now comes in flashable zip (will backup old theme to ui_old.zip if exists)
      - added change theme feature
      - 7 empty user folders in ui.zip/themes/ where you can place your own mods and mixes
      - added chmod 644 button for file manager
      - no more deleting auto generated backup name - credits to @z31s1g

will update landscape version next week

happy testing
      TWRP theme pack v2 update

OP updated with v2 of my theme.

changes:
      - added image background template
      - added dark header / full color versions
      - added polish languge file
      - removed auto generated name mod

using the background image versions isnt recommended though as it really slows down all scrollviews.
      but as some ppl might not care about that i included the template.

some themes will now get an extra checkbox when selected to get the dark headers version.

now its up to you to come up with some nice variants :)

enjoy
      Yes my work!!!
      :good: care to share a download link in case someone wants to use it ?

I will hopefully be posting a TWRP overlay theme for my CM13 Theme Series, Material Faded tonight. If anyone is interested, I can add links to the TWRP themes (they will come in colors: Blue, Gold, Green, Red, and Purple). I will be adding changes to most of the UI for a new, fresh look! (Like all buttons, sliders, keyboards, etc.)
      nice :)

Yes ;)
      You can do this for blue?
      It would be great :laugh:

little teaser ... :cyclops:
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone