[THEME][XDA LABS] XDA Evolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2017
Your local skatepark
Hello There!

I’ve worked for a while on this project , along my studies and my other occupations . This took me a looong time , between all errors while compiling and colors choosing, that was kind of messy, but that’s finished now .

This app is a themed version of XDA Labs , I credit by the way all XDA Labs contributors and @blk_jack who built this app. I use it very often (more than I go on XDA on my PC) , I was wondering if colors can be a little more «Google» , so , I modified the colors and the logos myself and here is the result.

Installation Instructions:
• Uninstall the original XDA Labs version
• Install XDA Evolved
• Enjoy
• Put feedbacks on the thread (if you have one)

Changes brought with the theme:
• Main color: Google’s material blue
• Accent color: Google’s material yellow
• Icon (XDA Labs and Forums)
• Menu Background picture
• You’ll see for the rest

Known Bugs:
• Can’t login with G+
• Tell me down below

I’m open to every suggestions for color changes , as well as for the logo design (which is pretty minimalist) or anything else.

If you want to know how I themed this app , you should take a look at the tutorial I wrote. I explain the general method to modify colors and then I apply this method on XDA Labs.
You can have a look at my guide «How to theme android app’s colors» clicking this title.

I’ll make a substratum version soon , but you know , studies and stuff take me a lot of time so be patient.

Download:

XDA Evolved v1.0

And , please , if you liked my work , make sure you press the thank button ??

Attachments

Last edited:

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2017
Your local skatepark
I'll make a custom version ( with changed colors and everything else ) for the 10 ten first that asked me.

Every single suggestion is welcome by the way. If I like your idea , it will be integrated in the next update.

Speaking of updates , I'll update the theme very time there is a new version of XDA Labs.

Request:
• Accent : white Primary : White
• Accent: Black Primary : Red
• Accent: Sage Green Primary : Dark Blue

Edit #1:
My PC is dying , when I got a new one I'll make those requests

Last edited:

robhug

Jun 16, 2016
Lausanne
great work! I use xda labs all the time but the colors.. always thought that it was a "sad theme" so I'm very happy to see some refreshing colors :) what I always wanted was the ability just to have the ability to change the primary and accent color (like a menu with some presets colors to choose from or something like that) but not sure if it is possible to do that as it is way harder to do that, but just a suggestion and I am already happy with it so thanks a lot for your work

Reactions: Raiz

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2017
Your local skatepark
great work! I use xda labs all the time but the colors.. always thought that it was a "sad theme" so I'm very happy to see some refreshing colors :) what I always wanted was the ability just to have the ability to change the primary and accent color (like a menu with some presets colors to choose from or something like that) but not sure if it is possible to do that as it is way harder to do that, but just a suggestion and I am already happy with it so thanks a lot for your work
Just give me the color you want ( hex code or an image where she is ) and I'll make a version for you.
The problem with your suggestion , is that the menu you're talking about implies I create a brand new object in the app. To do that is really long and hard , because I should write the code of the object manually (I don't know if Android studio is able to modify an already compiled apk) . What I just do with this app is modifying code lines , I haven't created anything , but for sure , that's a pretty good idea which I would have liked on my app.
Thank again for this creative idea ?.

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2017
Your local skatepark
Sir i cannot parse urls of android development and other helpful forums within this app sir....is any fix for this sir
This is a problem in the original app. They are some links that require chrome such as the Forum rules and others "out forum" threads.
This happen also with a slow internet connection sometime , it says * Loading* this it displays a *unable to parse the forum's link* or something like that .
If it happens everytime you click on a link ( try with the download link for XDA Evolved on the OP ) it isn't normal , you'll say me .

robhug

Jun 16, 2016
Lausanne
Just give me the color you want ( hex code or an image where she is ) and I'll make a version for you.
The problem with your suggestion , is that the menu you're talking about implies I create a brand new object in the app. To do that is really long and hard , because I should write the code of the object manually (I don't know if Android studio is able to modify an already compiled apk) . What I just do with this app is modifying code lines , I haven't created anything , but for sure , that's a pretty good idea which I would have liked on my app.
Thank again for this creative idea .
That is really nice ? of course my idea mean rebuilding, coding etc, so you are right I think it is easier to release some separate apks from time to time with their color or something like that
For my ideas of colors I was thinking maybe similar orange as xda's accent for primary color with a darker orange shade for the accent (or an other accent color, we often see what looks good when we see it for reel), or maybe like the android P settings style; same white color for background, header, status bar and primary color but an orange or pixel blue accent color, with the header titles/text in the accent color like on my screenshot
It is just ideas, only do what you like, and thanks again :)
have a nice day

Reactions: joonas72

Raiz

Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2017
Your local skatepark
That is really nice ? of course my idea mean rebuilding, coding etc, so you are right I think it is easier to release some separate apks from time to time with their color or something like that
For my ideas of colors I was thinking maybe similar orange as xda's accent for primary color with a darker orange shade for the accent (or an other accent color, we often see what looks good when we see it for reel), or maybe like the android P settings style; same white color for background, header, status bar and primary color but an orange or pixel blue accent color, with the header titles/text in the accent color like on my screenshot
It is just ideas, only do what you like, and thanks again :)
have a nice day
I'll try this , but it won't be immediately. Thank you for the suggestion.:cowboy:

Status
Not open for further replies.