• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Themes don't work on Z Fold 3

Search This thread

Zugshad

Jan 22, 2011
No issues for it me downloading and using themes other than the theme does not appear to replace/theme the keyboard, phone app, or messages. Any others have this issue and find fix? I be r tried with both samsungs kb and Gboard.

Just noticed my drop-down doesn't seem to change either all the theme does is wallpaper, lockscreen and any audio files associated

Acedooncoon

Nov 4, 2007
New York
Im having the same issue too.
Im not sure what exactly is causing the theme store to be disappled but it defdidnt do that on my Z Fold 2.
I can enable it again but as soon as I apply a them the theme store disables again. This is disappointing.

casinca

Apr 4, 2018
Themes are broken with dark theme enabled. Only icons are working. It's very annoying when your theme is actually dark... Plus you have to manually add every apps to "dark" instead of "auto".
On top of that Samsung Internet browser stays stuck on light theme no matter what, you have to activate the dark theme in the phone setting to be able to use it on the browser...

Acedooncoon

Nov 4, 2007
New York
Themes are broken with dark theme enabled. Only icons are working. It's very annoying when your theme is actually dark... Plus you have to manually add every apps to "dark" instead of "auto".
On top of that Samsung Internet browser stays stuck on light theme no matter what, you have to activate the dark theme in the phone setting to be able to use it on the browser...
Sounds like you're have a slightly different thing going....Because the whole theme doesn't work.
It will only apply for the 10min then revert back to reg. That is very annoying.
I noticed that #Hex put out an update but it doesn't say what it fixed...just ssys "includes new themes and bug fixes"

Zugshad

Jan 22, 2011
I have used a few themes so far and all stuck. The only ones that lasted for 10 min only were all paid themes that downloaded the trial. I bought two of them after the trial and they have stuck. Been on this theme for over week now. I'm sure all made sure not downloading the trial one.

Has anyone figured out why keyboard, drop down, phone, not theming?

Acedooncoon

Nov 4, 2007
New York
I have used a few themes so far and all stuck. The only ones that lasted for 10 min only were all paid themes that downloaded the trial. I bought two of them after the trial and they have stuck. Been on this theme for over week now. I'm sure all made sure not downloading the trial one.

Has anyone figured out why keyboard, drop down, phone, not theming?
We’re talking about using #Hex Installer.......not the regular samsung Theme store themes. Im not sure at what point does the theme store gets disabled but it does.....and it has to do with #hex

Zugshad

Jan 22, 2011
We’re talking about using #Hex Installer.......not the regular samsung Theme store themes. Im not sure at what point does the theme store gets disabled but it does.....and it has to do with #hex
Ah, k, well well I know op and many others said fr Samsung store and several others as well. A few also mentioned #hex and a post mentioned it wasn't compatible at the time of that post. So I was referring to those about normal Samsung store. My only issues with them are as described above. Haven't tried the hex.

Acedooncoon

Nov 4, 2007
New York
Ah, k, well well I know op and many others said fr Samsung store and several others as well. A few also mentioned #hex and a post mentioned it wasn't compatible at the time of that post. So I was referring to those about normal Samsung store. My only issues with them are as described above. Haven't tried the hex.
right. I think some people were confused. the whole convo started with #hex. I found rhis because I too was having a problem with getting the themes used by hex to stick. People mentioned the samsung theme store bcuz #hex uses it in a way...like you'll see the #hex theme in the samsung theme store under "my stuff".
As far as ur issue....maybe its the theme itself.

Zugshad

Jan 22, 2011
right. I think some people were confused. the whole convo started with #hex. I found rhis because I too was having a problem with getting the themes used by hex to stick. People mentioned the samsung theme store bcuz #hex uses it in a way...like you'll see the #hex theme in the samsung theme store under "my stuff".
As far as ur issue....maybe its the theme itself.
Quite possible, but my issue has been with every theme I've tried so far. Multiple different themers as well. Shrug, will keep trying

Insanedrunk909

Aug 27, 2021
Quite possible, but my issue has been with every theme I've tried so far. Multiple different themers as well. Shrug, will keep trying
Look to see if you have good lock --> theme park installed. If you use smart switch and have it. Uninstall and get again. Also look for themes with one UI 3.1.1 compatibility. Most aren't.

chieco

Jul 6, 2011
People say to use a package disabler in order to stop hex reverting back after 10 minutes. Don’t ask me wich disabler and which packages.

Acedooncoon

Nov 4, 2007
New York
Look to see if you have good lock --> theme park installed. If you use smart switch and have it. Uninstall and get again. Also look for themes with one UI 3.1.1 compatibility. Most aren't.
I know about theme park but it isnt the same. I really liked #Hex bcuz it themed most apps. Theme park only theme core things. Its good but....i rather hex.
I actually spoke to someone from the Hex theme via email and they told me that One UI 3.1.1 isnt compatible ...so im guessing its just a matter of waiting for a patch.

Ry4n83

Aug 28, 2016
OnePlus 9
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I finally got most of it themed using one ui tuner/ synergy shizuki /and overlay manager. Still not as uniform as I'd like but and It was a combo of different apps good lock /them park then compiling a theme and installing it and then installing the apps after then uninstalling before the ten minutes where up and using over lately manager on top of it. I tried alliance with no luck. And honestly I didn't like the idea of it anyway.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211025-122954_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-122954_One UI Home.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20211025-141645_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-141645_Messages.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20211025-141236_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-141236_One UI Home.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20211025-141256_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-141256_One UI Home.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20211025-141312_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20211025-141312_One UI Home.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 22

Zerobim08

Oct 19, 2021
I have never used theme before. How is it different from changing icon set and wallpaper separately?

Top Liked Posts