General Theoretical, untested answer for irrecoverably bricked unlocked variant N200's

Search This thread

mthous01

Warning: Theoretical and last ditch effort to save a bricked unlocked device only.

I'm curious... I found a thread that some have hacked the MSM Download tool to allow flashing of any ops file. So if it's possible, could This Tool used with the Tmobile MSM Download unzipped get those who are unlocked unbricked to the Tmobile setup, then use the other thread Here to switch back to Unlocked? I do not have an unlocked phone, but I'm curious if someone is willing to give this a try on their bricked phone that can't return it now.

Note: If this swaps you to the Tmobile software, there's no guarantee you'll have anything but a phone that cannot be bootloader unlocked again. Since unlocked have no unlock token, trying to do so with a phone that isn't technically Tmobile may be an issue.

I take no responsibility for anyone flashing anything to anything. This is just a friendly sharing of information, and you do what you do at your own risk. I will not be held responsible for the apocalypse.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Older tools simply don't work, already tried during my earlier attempts of conversion.
I do believe that unlocked can be "full-converted" with MSMDT to TMo, but as you already said, that might end up with a deadlocked BL.

mthous01

Older tools simply don't work, already tried during my earlier attempts of conversion.
I do believe that unlocked can be "full-converted" with MSMDT to TMo, but as you already said, that might end up with a deadlocked BL.
I figured if someone has missed their return deadline, it's something that could be used to get their "Brick" up and running, and hope that OP finally releases the MSMDT for unlocked someday.

Dimitrimem

Jan 19, 2018
Honolulu
Warning: Theoretical and last ditch effort to save a bricked unlocked device only.

I'm curious... I found a thread that some have hacked the MSM Download tool to allow flashing of any ops file. So if it's possible, could This Tool used with the Tmobile MSM Download unzipped get those who are unlocked unbricked to the Tmobile setup, then use the other thread Here to switch back to Unlocked? I do not have an unlocked phone, but I'm curious if someone is willing to give this a try on their bricked phone that can't return it now.

Note: If this swaps you to the Tmobile software, there's no guarantee you'll have anything but a phone that cannot be bootloader unlocked again. Since unlocked have no unlock token, trying to do so with a phone that isn't technically Tmobile may be an issue.

I take no responsibility for anyone flashing anything to anything. This is just a friendly sharing of information, and you do what you do at your own risk. I will not be held responsible for the apocalypse.
I have an unlocked phone bought from their website only .. i am going to try this and see if it works .. thanks

Last edited:

Dimitrimem

Jan 19, 2018
Honolulu
Note, this is only for terminally bricked phones. Do not use it phone is working.
my phone got the Your device is corrupt my friend with the little link thingy at the bottom .. because i had it bricked for so long ( since august) now i cant even get the battery to charge so i can try this little hack .. but this gives me a little hope .. i will let the phone on the charger for few days see if it will work ..

mthous01

my phone got the Your device is corrupt my friend with the little link thingy at the bottom .. because i had it bricked for so long ( since august) now i cant even get the battery to charge so i can try this little hack .. but this gives me a little hope .. i will let the phone on the charger for few days see if it will work ..

Let us know if it worked.