There is a magisk module to mount r/w?

Search This thread

ilan0098

May 22, 2017
Tel Aviv
Hi , so apperntly the only way currently to modify system files of OnePlus 8 Pro is through flashing magisk modules , Tried using several file explorers but couldn't change permissions , tried via twrp but system won't be mounted , so my question is if there is a magisk module that someone made to mount r/w , if there is , I would like to get it , if there isn't , I would appreciate if anyone can create that for me , and please don't tell me to go to terminal and type commands because IT DOESN'T WORK, I don't know exactly what flashing magisk modules do but I figured out that it's the only way I can change system files , please help

Last edited:

foobar66

Jan 8, 2011
Brussels
As mentioned, no r/w module...

Anyway such a module won't do any good IMHO. System/product/vendor partitions are combined into a single "super" partition.
The individual parts for /system, /vendor, /product are then mounted from there.
You will never be able to physically write on files in those partitions (if that is/was your intention).

However, you can write a Magisk module (easily) which replaces files with others (e.g. I replaced my /system/etc/hosts files with a version that has ad-blocked IP addresses). You can "delete" files by making them "empty" with a Magisk module (e.g. I have hidden the OnePlus phone/dialer/calculator/messages/notes apps in this way as I prefer the Google variants).

It's not that hard ... assuming you have a bit of Linux dev skills.

Can you be more specific about what exactly you want to do? Edit some file?

ilan0098

May 22, 2017
Tel Aviv
Anyway such a module won't do any good IMHO. System/product/vendor partitions are combined into a single "super" partition.
The individual parts for /system, /vendor, /product are then mounted from there.
You will never be able to physically write on files in those partitions (if that is/was your intention).

However, you can write a Magisk module (easily) which replaces files with others (e.g. I replaced my /system/etc/hosts files with a version that has ad-blocked IP addresses). You can "delete" files by making them "empty" with a Magisk module (e.g. I have hidden the OnePlus phone/dialer/calculator/messages/notes apps in this way as I prefer the Google variants).

Also if I do want to edit a system file , I can't , it won't let me do that , the file I edited just won't save

R2-Brute

Aug 5, 2015

I would very much like to edit the build.prop file, and let Adaway (F-droid) edit the hosts file to add its adblocking lists.

Are either of those things possible? Thanks!

R2-Brute

Aug 5, 2015
Thank you so much! Adaway is up and running! I just got a new phone, and got so worried when it dawned on me that the System folder was locked down!

And I found "MagiskHide Props Config". Is it better or worse than Resetprop, or the same? "Props Config" has already flaked on me in the half hour I've been using it, but since a reinstall, it's working again.

I'm hoping it's just getting comfortable, but if you think Resetprop is more stable, please tell me.

And thanks again! Feeling good about technology. :)

Reactions: galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would very much like to edit the build.prop file, and let Adaway (F-droid) edit the hosts file to add its adblocking lists.

Are either of those things possible? Thanks!
    Enable systemless hosts in magisk manager and adaway will work. And for editing build prop, look up "resetprop", it's a magisk tool to modify build prop systemlessly.
    Thank you so much! Adaway is up and running! I just got a new phone, and got so worried when it dawned on me that the System folder was locked down!

And I found "MagiskHide Props Config". Is it better or worse than Resetprop, or the same? "Props Config" has already flaked on me in the half hour I've been using it, but since a reinstall, it's working again.

I'm hoping it's just getting comfortable, but if you think Resetprop is more stable, please tell me.

And thanks again! Feeling good about technology. :)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone