There needs to be a web browser designed for Android tablets

Search This thread

the_game_master

Dec 14, 2011
Indianapolis
or PC browser ported to Android tablets because I'm tired of getting redirected to mobile phone friendly pages of websites when my Transformer Prime has the same resolution as my 12.1" laptop and thus is capable of displaying websites at the same size.

Why does it look like there's nothing being done about this?

Why does this browser even give off the detail to websites as if the system it's operating on is a mobile phone. There should least be a way to turn this feature off. I'm annoyed by it. :mad:

the_game_master

Dec 14, 2011
Indianapolis
Problem solved. Downloaded the Dolphin browser from the Marketplace.

This browser looks amazing and is loaded with features. I've already set it to my default browser. The default ICS browser even makes Internet Explorer seem amazing.

Reactions: i500

maddog986

Nov 4, 2010
or PC browser ported to Android tablets because I'm tired of getting redirected to mobile phone friendly pages of websites when my Transformer Prime has the same resolution as my 12.1" laptop and thus is capable of displaying websites at the same size.

Why does it look like there's nothing being done about this?

Why does this browser even give off the detail to websites as if the system it's operating on is a mobile phone. There should least be a way to turn this feature off. I'm annoyed by it. :mad:

Have you even tried any other browsers??

Most browsers give you the option of setting mobile or desktop view.

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007
Can u post a link, I tried looking for this, couldn't find it, I tried ics + and love it. Didn't like boat browser

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

a Mandroid

Jan 18, 2012
Desktop browsing with Stock Browser - no additional software needed

If you would prefer the Desktop view of websites, rather than the Mobile view, then there is an easy way to change it without using any third party app.

Open the standard browser and type about:debug into the browser's address bar. Then go to Menu > Settings. You should have a new option called Debug. Press Debug, then on the right side press UAstring and change the option to Desktop.

Websites should now be displayed as they would on a computer desktop browser.
Other options are: iphone, ipad, android (default), honeycomb.
Thanks..:)

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
If you would prefer the Desktop view of websites, rather than the Mobile view, then there is an easy way to change it without using any third party app.

Open the standard browser and type about:debug into the browser's address bar. Then go to Menu > Settings. You should have a new option called Debug. Press Debug, then on the right side press UAstring and change the option to Desktop.

I tried this n it works BUT it doesn't stick. After browser is closed down n started back up it reverts back.

Jan 21, 2012
just click on settings in the right upper corner and then click desktop. unfortunately it doesn't stick...

opera mobile would be my choice, but i have to admit that i didn't tried any others ;-)

DeKubus

Nov 30, 2011
I tried this n it works BUT it doesn't stick. After browser is closed down n started back up it reverts back.

Try this:

1) Make a new shortcut to a website (doesn't matter which one, this is just a workaround)
2) Edit that newly created shortcut, make the URL point to 'about:useragent' (without the quotes)
3) If you click on the shortcut nothing will happen. BUT if you now click on the addres bar of the browser the URL should be there. Just press enter.
4) Select the client you want your device to mimic

This doesn't save the client, so you will have to repeat steps 3 & 4 every time you restart the browser. But is a tiny bit more comfortable than editing a configration file I think

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Desktop browsing with Stock Browser - no additional software needed

Problem solved. Downloaded the Dolphin browser from the Marketplace.

This browser looks amazing and is loaded with features. I've already set it to my default browser. The default ICS browser even makes Internet Explorer seem amazing.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone