• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Thermal Config Changer for Pocophone[ROOT]

Are you using Thermal Config Changer?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Would if there is X feature that I want.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

ketnn

Aug 5, 2014
Toast needed!

This app gives you a convenient way to change the value of
Code:
/sys/class/thermal/thermal_message/sconfig
The default values is -1 for custom roms. We can change it to certain predefined values set by Xiaomi which gives use different performance profiles. For example, for PUBG there is a PUBG mode with a value of 13. In MIUI there is a mechanism which detects certain phone states such as opening Camera or PUBG or Antutu, and automatically changes the value. But no such mechanism is yet released for custom roms. So, this app aims to provide this conveniently.

Note: You can do the same by manually editing the above mentioned file using your favorite file explorer.

Installation:
  • Uninstall the previous app if installed.
  • Install the app
  • Give Root Permission
  • Change the mode from the dropdown

Uninstall/Restore to default:
  • Set the mode to DEFAULT
  • Uninstall the app

Changelog:
    Added "set on reboot" mode.
    Added profiler

Downloads: check attachments

Edit 1: Added Antutu benchmark screenshots for each mode. Check the screenshot file name for the mode used.
Edit 2: Update: Added force set option for MIUI users(no such problem in custom roms yet) and when the system resets the mode after reboot.
Edit 3: If not installing: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78607474&postcount=31
Edit 4: If service doesnt restart after boot: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78604724&postcount=26
Source Code for the app: https://github.com/dragneelfps/ThermalConfigChanger/

P.S- First time posting on XDA. Please correct me if I did something wrong, and I will correct it.

Everything look good, but just add a toast like Magisk that will show up when profile automatically changed through the app.

welboy55

Sep 1, 2015
hi, nice app. work fine. can anyone explain all profiles for newbie like me? i can't also see system app. I'm using mi room

shhiroro

Dec 18, 2018
Show mode

Hi what does show mode in the profiler do?

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

At first when i installed the app it works. I mean when i opened pubg it shows that the profile changes to pubg. But after that whenever i open pubg i does not show anything. What should i do

usamaiqbal1177

Sep 27, 2015
So wait. Does this mean That I can install this mod on a better customization rom like havoc and will get best performance for pubg through thermal profiles just like in Los. So I don't have to use boring Los for thermal anymore?? ?????

Reactions: jirka607

-TheKoolAnie-

Jul 22, 2013
Ratlam
It works sometime & sometime doesn't,so I have to restart again to make it work again, is there any work around for it?

Sent from my Xiaomi Poco F1 using XDA Labs

Damoedge

Apr 23, 2010
Dublin 1
Xiaomi Poco F1
I don't know if you guys are having the same problem as me...I can not write or change values in /sys at all...I mean the values will change when I change them and then when i reopen that file again the value has gone back to the original value...so in theory this app does not work for me...

Could someone please test and see that they can chance this value manually with a file explorer and close the file then reopen and see if the changed value sticks???

I'm using NOS with Sphinx kernel...

I hope someone can check this for me and report back here...

Thanks all
?

Damoedge

Apr 23, 2010
Dublin 1
Xiaomi Poco F1
Why is it that every time i changed it to default , or even evaluation.. it always goes back to restore whenever i checked it after a few hours or so?? I even cheched set on boot.. but after booting. It always on restore mode

Read the post above yours...you probably have the same problem as me my friend...you can't change values in /sys
Try it with a file explorer and try and change that value in sys/class/thermal/thermal message......it can't be changed ;)

?

slatera18

Apr 21, 2015
Delhi
I don't know if you guys are having the same problem as me...I can not write or change values in /sys at all...I mean the values will change when I change them and then when i reopen that file again the value has gone back to the original value...so in theory this app does not work for me...

Could someone please test and see that they can chance this value manually with a file explorer and close the file then reopen and see if the changed value sticks???

I'm using NOS with Sphinx kernel...

I hope someone can check this for me and report back here...

Thanks all
I tried doing as you suggested. The changes don't stick on reopening the file after setting a different value & saving changes in it. Maybe its because of the the thermal modes set by the ROM. Am using crdroid with Twisted Kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app gives you a convenient way to change the value of
    Code:
    /sys/class/thermal/thermal_message/sconfig
    The default values is -1 for custom roms. We can change it to certain predefined values set by Xiaomi which gives use different performance profiles. For example, for PUBG there is a PUBG mode with a value of 13. In MIUI there is a mechanism which detects certain phone states such as opening Camera or PUBG or Antutu, and automatically changes the value. But no such mechanism is yet released for custom roms. So, this app aims to provide this conveniently.

Note: You can do the same by manually editing the above mentioned file using your favorite file explorer.

Installation:
    • Uninstall the previous app if installed.
    • Install the app
    • Give Root Permission
    • Change the mode from the dropdown

Uninstall/Restore to default:
    • Set the mode to DEFAULT
    • Uninstall the app

Changelog:
      Added "set on reboot" mode.
      Added profiler
      Lots of changes. Check changelog here
    Downloads: check attachments

Edit 1: Added Antutu benchmark screenshots for each mode. Check the screenshot file name for the mode used.
    Edit 2: Update: Added force set option for MIUI users(no such problem in custom roms yet) and when the system resets the mode after reboot.
    Edit 3: If not installing: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78607474&postcount=31
    Edit 4: If service doesnt restart after boot: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78604724&postcount=26
    Source Code for the app: https://github.com/dragneelfps/ThermalConfigChanger/

P.S- First time posting on XDA. Please correct me if I did something wrong, and I will correct it.
    New update

• Bumped to 2.0
    • Added profiler. Now have a mode for each app, which you can choose manually.
    Download link in the OP.

P.S- If not working, please report.
    I'm just asking. You can troll somewhere else. Thank you.

Sorry but I am not.. I am a kernel dev and extreme means extreme throttling to keep phone at lower clocks and with lower temps... Yea I know this is a poor choice of thermal name as it leads to confusion most of the time...
    Update Time

New Version, New changes.
    Changelog:
    • Version Bump to 3.0
    • Added toggle to display system apps in profiler
    • Added filter to search apps in profiler
    • Added Option to enable toast messages when mode changes
    • Unified Notifications and services
    • UI Changes
    • Updated about section with links

Note: If apply on boot doesnt work, then disable battery optimizations in the settings

Edit: Updated OP with apk.

Download links in OP(cant edit the OP, any help or info?? plox) and AFH

Can someone tag the mods? I cant edit the OP.
    **Experimental**
    Update: Added force set option for MIUI users(no such problem in custom roms yet) and when the system resets the mode after reboot.

Edit: If for any reason the service doesnt restart after rebooting your phone, then please set the app to "Not optimized" in the battery settings.