• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Thermal Config Changer for Pocophone[ROOT]

Are you using Thermal Config Changer?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Would if there is X feature that I want.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

Damoedge

Apr 23, 2010
Dublin 1
Xiaomi Poco F1
I'm using NOS with Sphinx kernel so that's two different Rom's and kernels that this is tried on...

I've done some research about this and I think you can't change or write values to certain folders in /sys as it is in theory a virtual folder...someone can correct me if I'm wrong here ? It is part of the kernel and gets overwritten.

But if more people try to change this value manually using a file explorer then close the file and open it again to see if the value has changed we will have our answer ;)

?

Last edited:

mattzao

Sep 5, 2016
Stuck on Game mode

Whenever I exit the application it returns to game mode even though I apply the evaluation mode. I use the Pixel Experience (CAF)

gogib

Apr 1, 2013
Athens
YouTube 271830
arvr 168499
pupg 261473
evaluation 281716
restore 272805
game2 276993
default 269670
class o 246330
extreme 143503
camera 281206
game 257156
incall 271865

---------- Post added at 04:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:47 AM ----------

Updated to 2.1
added "set on reboot" mode

Thanks for this amazing app
Really nice since most roms don't include it

Few suggestions
1 search to make it easy to find an app inside this app
2 merge the 2 notification no need to have them both

3 tongle in quick settings so that we can see what profile is enable and/or change it

4 toast notification when profile change like another member said

Thanks again

Harshavarbm13

Jun 30, 2018
Thanks for this awesome app, now pubg is not at alll lagging. I was seeing frame drops previously after applying the settings its butter smooth. Rom pixel experience

dragneelfps

Apr 8, 2015
Update Time

New Version, New changes.
Changelog:
  • Version Bump to 3.0
  • Added toggle to display system apps in profiler
  • Added filter to search apps in profiler
  • Added Option to enable toast messages when mode changes
  • Unified Notifications and services
  • UI Changes
  • Updated about section with links

Note: If apply on boot doesnt work, then disable battery optimizations in the settings

Edit: Updated OP with apk.

Download links in OP(cant edit the OP, any help or info?? plox) and AFH

Can someone tag the mods? I cant edit the OP.

Last edited:

gogib

Apr 1, 2013
Athens
Changelog:
  • Version Bump to 3.0
  • UI Changes

Note: If apply on boot doesnt work, then disable battery optimizations in the settings

Thanks very nice update very useful additions

But for isn't working using aosip
And I have disable battery optimizations
When I change it always got back to default even with forse set enabled

Only if profiler is enabled

Last edited:

dragneelfps

Apr 8, 2015
Thanks very nice update very useful additions

But for isn't working using aosip
And I have disable battery optimizations
When I change it always got back to default even with forse set enabled

Only if profiler is enabled

That's because how profiler works. If you enable profiler you can't set a global mode from the main screen. It will be over written by profiler. I'll push an update tomorrow which probably will be helpful to you.

gogib

Apr 1, 2013
Athens
That's because how profiler works. If you enable profiler you can't set a global mode from the main screen. It will be over written by profiler. I'll push an update tomorrow which probably will be helpful to you.

I don't mean that when I set a profile to a thermal mode and then I open that app I am getting the problem I am not changing the global value

gogib

Apr 1, 2013
Athens
Can you tell me the steps you are following? I might have missed something during my testing.

Of course I am on aosip with no native thermal mode
Right now I have success with fk manager

But when I am using your app (of course I reset fk manager and then also uninstall it )

And enable profiler (no problem with the global option) and set a thermal mode to an app lets say YouTube with YouTube thermal profile and then go to YouTube app I get a toast for a sec "YouTube" after that I am getting "default" again and again without out ever living the app

Damoedge

Apr 23, 2010
Dublin 1
Xiaomi Poco F1
I'm using NOS with Sphinx kernel so that's two different Rom's and kernels that this is tried on...

I've done some research about this and I think you can't change or write values to certain folders in /sys as it is in theory a virtual folder...someone can correct me if I'm wrong here ? It is part of the kernel and gets overwritten.

But if more people try to change this value manually using a file explorer then close the file and open it again to see if the value has changed we will have our answer ;)

?

I hope the OP can answer something about this as he must have read the issues some people are having like me...
???

dragneelfps

Apr 8, 2015
Of course I am on aosip with no native thermal mode
Right now I have success with fk manager

But when I am using your app (of course I reset fk manager and then also uninstall it )

And enable profiler (no problem with the global option) and set a thermal mode to an app lets say YouTube with YouTube thermal profile and then go to YouTube app I get a toast for a sec "YouTube" after that I am getting "default" again and again without out ever living the app
Aha, I got what you are saying now. I'll push a fix soon.

I hope the OP can answer something about this as he must have read the issues some people are having like me...
???
Well, I didn't understand your question.

Reactions: gogib

Damoedge

Apr 23, 2010
Dublin 1
Xiaomi Poco F1
I don't know if you guys are having the same problem as me...I can not write or change values in /sys at all...I mean the values will change when I change them and then when i reopen that file again the value has gone back to the original value...so in theory this app does not work for me...

Could someone please test and see that they can chance this value manually with a file explorer and close the file then reopen and see if the changed value sticks???

I'm using NOS with Sphinx kernel...

I hope someone can check this for me and report back here...

Thanks all
?

In your OP you stated that this app changes the value in this file:

/sys/class/thermal/thermal_message/syconfig

If you have read through the last few posts you will see that some users and I have issues with your app going back to "default" all the time?

My question is this, do you know that you can not manually change the value in this file with a file explorer? Because this is a virtual folder created by the kernel?

Please read back the last few pages of your thread and maybe then you will understand the question ?

Rakibboss

Jul 25, 2014
In PE ROM every time i select any mode, it reverts back to default. I tried force set yet it goes back to default again and again. How can I overcome this?

gogib

Apr 1, 2013
Athens
Aha, I got what you are saying now. I'll push a fix soon.

Well, I didn't understand your question.

Thanks ?
And few suggestions
1 change the color or add an outline to the drop-down menu because sometimes is blending with the background and it is confusing

2 add tongle to the quick settings menu so we can always see what is the current profile and with a press open the app instead of a permanent notification
(Even better with single press to change the profile between evaluate pubge game default extreme etc and with a long press open your app )
thanks again

Dec 22, 2017
Oh man it's working i can see values are changing in sconfig file whenever i change to any profile
-1=default
0=restore
16=game2
15=arvr
2=extreme
14=youtube
13=pubg
12=camera
11=class 0
10=evaluation
8=incall
9=game

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app gives you a convenient way to change the value of
    Code:
    /sys/class/thermal/thermal_message/sconfig
    The default values is -1 for custom roms. We can change it to certain predefined values set by Xiaomi which gives use different performance profiles. For example, for PUBG there is a PUBG mode with a value of 13. In MIUI there is a mechanism which detects certain phone states such as opening Camera or PUBG or Antutu, and automatically changes the value. But no such mechanism is yet released for custom roms. So, this app aims to provide this conveniently.

Note: You can do the same by manually editing the above mentioned file using your favorite file explorer.

Installation:
    • Uninstall the previous app if installed.
    • Install the app
    • Give Root Permission
    • Change the mode from the dropdown

Uninstall/Restore to default:
    • Set the mode to DEFAULT
    • Uninstall the app

Changelog:
      Added "set on reboot" mode.
      Added profiler
      Lots of changes. Check changelog here
    Downloads: check attachments

Edit 1: Added Antutu benchmark screenshots for each mode. Check the screenshot file name for the mode used.
    Edit 2: Update: Added force set option for MIUI users(no such problem in custom roms yet) and when the system resets the mode after reboot.
    Edit 3: If not installing: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78607474&postcount=31
    Edit 4: If service doesnt restart after boot: https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=78604724&postcount=26
    Source Code for the app: https://github.com/dragneelfps/ThermalConfigChanger/

P.S- First time posting on XDA. Please correct me if I did something wrong, and I will correct it.
    New update

• Bumped to 2.0
    • Added profiler. Now have a mode for each app, which you can choose manually.
    Download link in the OP.

P.S- If not working, please report.
    I'm just asking. You can troll somewhere else. Thank you.

Sorry but I am not.. I am a kernel dev and extreme means extreme throttling to keep phone at lower clocks and with lower temps... Yea I know this is a poor choice of thermal name as it leads to confusion most of the time...
    Update Time

Changelog:
    • Version Bump to 3.0
    • UI Changes

Edit: Updated OP with apk.

**Experimental**
    Update: Added force set option for MIUI users(no such problem in custom roms yet) and when the system resets the mode after reboot.

Edit: If for any reason the service doesnt restart after rebooting your phone, then please set the app to "Not optimized" in the battery settings.