Thermal Config Changer for Pocophone[ROOT]

Are you using Thermal Config Changer?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Would if there is X feature that I want.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

fabricio7p

Dec 8, 2013
I'm having "can't open aplication" message when attempting to open this on Pixel exp.
I'm running a brand new installed rom

drstereos

Mar 17, 2012
I'm on mi-globe app reset to restore Everytime the phone turns off any suggestions??how to prevent the system for killing the application??thanks in advance!!great app!!

dragneelfps

Apr 8, 2015
**Experimental**
Update: Added force set option for MIUI users(no such problem in custom roms yet) and when the system resets the mode after reboot.

Edit: If for any reason the service doesnt restart after rebooting your phone, then please set the app to "Not optimized" in the battery settings.

Last edited:

BakaPhoenix

Jul 16, 2010
Roma
just a simple failed to install the app, tried to unistall old one but still fail to install the new one

dragneelfps

Apr 8, 2015
The apk wont install here on pixel experience

I'm having "can't open aplication" message when attempting to open this on Pixel exp.
I'm running a brand new installed rom

just a simple failed to install the app, tried to unistall old one but still fail to install the new one

Disabled Play Protect and install.
To disable Google Play Protect. Open "Play Store" application => tap on Menu button => select "Play Protect" option => Disable the options "Scan device for security threats".

After installing it, check if opening or not, and if opening then re enable it.

Please report back if working or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: BakaPhoenix

drstereos

Mar 17, 2012
When you're on restore mode means that no mode was applying like u don't have the app right?? So if you want to uninstall the app goes into it?? Or default???

slatera18

Apr 21, 2015
Delhi
The mode isn't permanent, it sets itself to default after scrolling through for Profiler. Please look into it.

Update : Got it working fine. Forgot to hit enable after selecting the mode. Kudos for the work !!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This app gives you a convenient way to change the value of
    Code:
    /sys/class/thermal/thermal_message/sconfig
    The default values is -1 for custom roms. We can change it to certain predefined values set by Xiaomi which gives use different performance profiles. For example, for PUBG there is a PUBG mode with a value of 13. In MIUI there is a mechanism which detects certain phone states such as opening Camera or PUBG or Antutu, and automatically changes the value. But no such mechanism is yet released for custom roms. So, this app aims to provide this conveniently.

Note: You can do the same by manually editing the above mentioned file using your favorite file explorer.

Installation:
    • Uninstall the previous app if installed.
    • Install the app
    • Give Root Permission
    • Change the mode from the dropdown

Uninstall/Restore to default:
    • Set the mode to DEFAULT
    • Uninstall the app

Changelog:
      Added "set on reboot" mode.
      Added profiler
      Lots of changes. Check changelog here
    Downloads: check attachments

Edit 1: Added Antutu benchmark screenshots for each mode. Check the screenshot file name for the mode used.
    Edit 2: Update: Added force set option for MIUI users(no such problem in custom roms yet) and when the system resets the mode after reboot.
    Edit 3: If not installing: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78607474&postcount=31
    Edit 4: If service doesnt restart after boot: https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78604724&postcount=26
    Source Code for the app: https://github.com/dragneelfps/ThermalConfigChanger/

P.S- First time posting on XDA. Please correct me if I did something wrong, and I will correct it.
    New update

• Bumped to 2.0
    • Added profiler. Now have a mode for each app, which you can choose manually.
    Download link in the OP.

P.S- If not working, please report.
    I'm just asking. You can troll somewhere else. Thank you.

Sorry but I am not.. I am a kernel dev and extreme means extreme throttling to keep phone at lower clocks and with lower temps... Yea I know this is a poor choice of thermal name as it leads to confusion most of the time...
    Update Time

New Version, New changes.
    Changelog:
    • Version Bump to 3.0
    • Added toggle to display system apps in profiler
    • Added filter to search apps in profiler
    • Added Option to enable toast messages when mode changes
    • Unified Notifications and services
    • UI Changes
    • Updated about section with links

Note: If apply on boot doesnt work, then disable battery optimizations in the settings

Edit: Updated OP with apk.

Download links in OP(cant edit the OP, any help or info?? plox) and AFH

Can someone tag the mods? I cant edit the OP.
    **Experimental**
    Update: Added force set option for MIUI users(no such problem in custom roms yet) and when the system resets the mode after reboot.

Edit: If for any reason the service doesnt restart after rebooting your phone, then please set the app to "Not optimized" in the battery settings.