Thermal Engine mod for Lgv20 Stock Oreo/Nougat (root only)

Search This thread

DANIEL TAN

Jun 28, 2010
Hello, can you share the original *8896.conf file? Is the original file encrypted? I cannot read mine, seems like it's encrypted.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ah okay interesting.

I seem to have a problem on my pie rom that when the battery is below 50% it throttles down. Not sure how to fix that one.
    Yeah that sounds like a battery issue to me. Getting a new battery may help. It's because the battery cant push out the amount of amps that the phone needs to run at full speed. Same thing happens to my phone around 50% or so. But I am still running an old stock 2016 battery. I just don't trust the generic battery's in my phone. I think LG still sells new battery's for the lgv20 for around $39.99 on there web site.
    As the battery voltage falls the current draw increases
    Yeah that sounds like a battery issue to me. Getting a new battery may help. It's because the battery cant push out the amount of amps that the phone needs to run at full speed. Same thing happens to my phone around 50% or so. But I am still running an old stock 2016 battery. I just don't trust the generic battery's in my phone. I think LG still sells new battery's for the lgv20 for around $39.99 on there web site.
    Exactly. Nothing like a fresh battery to perk up a device.

As the battery voltage falls the current draw increases to the stepup voltage converter to provide the needed V+ for the device. The device wattage (V×A=W)requirement remains constant.
    It's interesting that it throttles back like that.
    It probably is designed to do that at a certain battery voltage.
    Battery calibration might help the indicated %... but the end run time/throttle back time will likely remain the same.
    Oh that fine so. I actually have loads of batteries, some new, some old LG ones. I must throw the bad ones out lol.
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damages caused to your phone. Use this mod at your own risk there is no warranty or guarantee.

I created these mods to help with the over heating issue on the Lgv20 and the Thermal throttling. I did not make any changes to the charging speed. When the screen is off the phone will fast charge. With screen on phone charges at 900 to 300 depending how hot your phone is.

All thermal mods updated on 5-12-22
    You can just flash on top of older versions
    Removed 50c it's just to low the phone would not run good.

Version notes

Lite v6.0 CPU & GPU max temps 60c
    If the shell of the phone get's 42c then thermal throttle. Bring all core's down to 1036800 tell it reaches 40c. That's 104F. So if the phone wants to do an update when charging, the phone should not get over hot. Also thermal throttle if CPU or GPU get's over 62c bring down to 60c. The thermal mod is now well optimized, for extended battery life & performance. This may be the final version, it's good.

Balanced v7.0 CPU & GPU max temps 70c
    If the shell of the phone get's 47c then thermal throttle. Bring all core's down to 1228800 tell it reaches 45c. That's 113F. So if the phone wants to do an update when charging, the phone should not get over hot. Also thermal throttle if CPU or GPU get's over 72c bring down to 70c. The thermal mod is now well optimized, for extended battery life & performance. This may be the final version, it's good.

Extreme v8.0 CPU & GPU max temps 80c
    If the shell of the phone get's 52c then thermal throttle. Bring all core's down to 1401600 tell it reaches 50c. That's 122F. With this version the phone may get hotter than with lite and balanced. But you should have increased performance. Also thermal throttle if CPU or GPU get's over 82c bring down to 80c. The thermal mod is now well optimized, for extended battery life & performance. This may be the final version, it's good.

Requirements:
    Lgv20
    Root Access / twrp

Stock Oreo or Nougat

How to install.
    Just flash in twrp.

This thermal mod only replaces two files.
    /system/etc/thermal-engine-8996.conf
    /system/etc/thermal-engine-default.conf

If you want to back them up first you can or just use the uninstaller. The thermal-engine-default.conf was not changed, it's still the default. That is just in case your phone get's over 130c, the phone will try it's best to cool it's self off, if it cant the phone will shutdown.
    are these the modified config files that were already available or have you created 'new one's. Handy to have them in a flashable zip.
    They are 100% original. Thank you I thought it would be handy to have a flashable file. I did quite a bit of research online and just combined every thing I learned.