-> Thermal pad 0.5mm thick
-> Copper plate 1mm thick (optional)*
-> Isopropyl alcohol
-> Fine sandpaper
-> Copper tape
-> Kapton tape

***** Cpu throttle results on end of post *****

===Idea===
Based on other mods the idea is to fill the space between the cpu and the heatsink, when i opened my phone i realized the space that existed, here we will remove the copper only from the cpu and memory area, we will also replace the thermal pad. Remember to use isopropyl alcohol to clean the cpu and memory surfaces.
IMG_20220812_205847.jpg

The copper pad must be 0.3mm thick and make a cut as in the photo,apply thermal paste between cpu and pad, forget to take photos of the memory pad, but once clean, cut out a small square and glue it, then put copper tape on top.
IMG_20220812_220106.jpg
fdsfdsfhfd.png

Apply a little thermal paste, not too much as it will spread when pressed. Clean the heatsink with isopropyl alcohol, lightly scrape the marked areas (optional)* and clean again to remove residue.
b606fe08-d6b5-42ed-ba29-680a1fba5e4d.jpg
IMG_20220812_205853.jpg

Assemble the phone carefully and press the plate slightly until everything fits.
==================================================

At this point i should already have a better temperature, even so i made some extra modifications.
Scratch the surface of the back cover, it will give you enough space to add a 1mm thick copper plate, i have done something like this.
5cd60c93-d049-495d-a38f-9a0d80134779.jpg

For safety, cover the battery and cables with kapton tape, as in the marked photo to overlap the sheet. (why? the copper tip will transfer the heat generated by the pmic/cpu back, you can even buy an aluminum cover to improve this last part)
jhgj.PNG

By the way, i had no problems with the wifi or 4g signal, i don't know about nfc, i never used it

=====Results=======
i think it's worth it, it's down -10c degrees aprox.
stock.jpg
mod.jpg

About the battery: i use a 5v 2a charger, but i used the original charger to see what the temperature is, from what i could see the temperature rises but only up to 36c° (due to the fast charge of course)
without charging the temperature doesnt rise 31C ° during the tests i did.

I'm not a fan of antutu but here it is, i use crdroid 8.7 without mods, the idea of this is to see that the temperatures are maintained, not the score in general.
d11051a8-ce65-402b-aad3-92d5a472232f.jpg
gen.PNG

idle temps
Screenshot_20220813-143418_Device Info HW.png

I hope the post is understandable, thanks for reading ^^

Last edited:

palopaxo

Mar 26, 2022
Nothing Phone 1
Really cool! I was just looking for something like this yesterday.
Is the .5mm pad for the memory, if so, could you explain where did you put it on?
Also, when you say '"glue it", what is acting as glue exactly?

Tsuragi

May 26, 2016
Santiago
Moto E
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Is the .5mm pad for the memory, if so, could you explain where did you put it on?
the 0.5mm thermal pad is for memory, when i open the phone it already has a thermal pad but i preferred to replace it anyway.
the thermal pad is a bit sticky, cut a piece to fit the hole and put copper tape on top to, in addition to holding it, give it thermal conductivity
dsadsa.png

cut out with this shape, the heating pad I used was light blue
dsfsd.jpg

the memory just need thermal pad and copper tape on top, the cpu needs thermal paste + cooper pad 0.3mm and thermal paste again, dont put copper tape on the cpu, already have the copper pad so you don't need the tape there
fdsfdsfhfd.png

Attachments

• hgdgfhfgj.PNG
    hgdgfhfgj.PNG
    114.8 KB · Views: 27
  • fdsfdsfhfd.png
    fdsfdsfhfd.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 30

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, this would be like my first big post here on xda :3
    ==Materials==
    -> Thermal paste
    -> Tools
    -> Thermal pad copper 0.3mm thick
    -> Thermal pad 0.5mm thick
    -> Copper plate 1mm thick (optional)*
    -> Isopropyl alcohol
    -> Fine sandpaper
    -> Copper tape
    -> Kapton tape

***** Cpu throttle results on end of post *****

===Idea===
    Based on other mods the idea is to fill the space between the cpu and the heatsink, when i opened my phone i realized the space that existed, here we will remove the copper only from the cpu and memory area, we will also replace the thermal pad. Remember to use isopropyl alcohol to clean the cpu and memory surfaces.
    IMG_20220812_205847.jpg

The copper pad must be 0.3mm thick and make a cut as in the photo,apply thermal paste between cpu and pad, forget to take photos of the memory pad, but once clean, cut out a small square and glue it, then put copper tape on top.
    IMG_20220812_220106.jpg
    fdsfdsfhfd.png

Apply a little thermal paste, not too much as it will spread when pressed. Clean the heatsink with isopropyl alcohol, lightly scrape the marked areas (optional)* and clean again to remove residue.
    b606fe08-d6b5-42ed-ba29-680a1fba5e4d.jpg
    IMG_20220812_205853.jpg

Assemble the phone carefully and press the plate slightly until everything fits.
    ==================================================

At this point i should already have a better temperature, even so i made some extra modifications.
    Scratch the surface of the back cover, it will give you enough space to add a 1mm thick copper plate, i have done something like this.
    5cd60c93-d049-495d-a38f-9a0d80134779.jpg

For safety, cover the battery and cables with kapton tape, as in the marked photo to overlap the sheet. (why? the copper tip will transfer the heat generated by the pmic/cpu back, you can even buy an aluminum cover to improve this last part)
    jhgj.PNG

By the way, i had no problems with the wifi or 4g signal, i don't know about nfc, i never used it

=====Results=======
    i think it's worth it, it's down -10c degrees aprox.
    stock.jpg
    mod.jpg

About the battery: i use a 5v 2a charger, but i used the original charger to see what the temperature is, from what i could see the temperature rises but only up to 36c° (due to the fast charge of course)
    without charging the temperature doesnt rise 31C ° during the tests i did.

I'm not a fan of antutu but here it is, i use crdroid 8.7 without mods, the idea of this is to see that the temperatures are maintained, not the score in general.
    d11051a8-ce65-402b-aad3-92d5a472232f.jpg
    gen.PNG

idle temps
    Screenshot_20220813-143418_Device Info HW.png

I hope the post is understandable, thanks for reading ^^
    the 0.5mm thermal pad is for memory, when i open the phone it already has a thermal pad but i preferred to replace it anyway.
    the thermal pad is a bit sticky, cut a piece to fit the hole and put copper tape on top to, in addition to holding it, give it thermal conductivity
    dsadsa.png

cut out with this shape, the heating pad I used was light blue
    dsfsd.jpg

the memory just need thermal pad and copper tape on top, the cpu needs thermal paste + cooper pad 0.3mm and thermal paste again, dont put copper tape on the cpu, already have the copper pad so you don't need the tape there
    fdsfdsfhfd.png
    Na de locos, thx you so much
    This guy knows his stuff! Thanks man, I will try to combine this mod with the battery upgrade(from BN57 to BN61)!