Thin cases for 8T

Search This thread

Augustin79

Apr 9, 2015
Hey guys, i just ordered this case from Aliexpress, it looks like the original OP Carbon Cases for older models, which were always my favourites :)
I will give report, when it arrives me!

https://a.aliexpress.com/_BO96H9

Would you mind sharing a few picture of your 8T "all-dressed up" in this case when you've received it? Particularly how the sides look, as I've been looking for a case with cutouts for all side-buttons. :)

stefan.irmen

Jan 11, 2018
Would you mind sharing a few picture of your 8T "all-dressed up" in this case when you've received it? Particularly how the sides look, as I've been looking for a case with cutouts for all side-buttons. :)

Yes, for sure i will do!
Btw, i found the same case on amazon.de for the same price with shipping within 3 days, so i think i will get the case the next days...

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B08L3M1WH4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabt1_5ekXFbQB89BK4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I will post some pictures here ✌️

stefan.irmen

Jan 11, 2018
So here are the pictures! :)
What should i say? Same feeling like original OP Carbon Case which i had for my 5t and 7t! Very thin and lightweight!
Absolutly a good case!

Attachments

• IMG_20201203_132452.jpg
    IMG_20201203_132452.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 370
  • IMG_20201203_132430.jpg
    IMG_20201203_132430.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_20201203_132419.jpg
    IMG_20201203_132419.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 386
  • IMG_20201203_132411.jpg
    IMG_20201203_132411.jpg
    299.6 KB · Views: 374

tshoulihane

Jun 16, 2010
How much protection do the carbon cases give? Seems like they are the best option for something thin, but I don't want a case that just adds bulk and doesn't help with an occasional drop. My last phone survived 2 drops without any case, but the last drop killed the focus on the camera...

stefan.irmen

Jan 11, 2018
How much protection do the carbon cases give? Seems like they are the best option for something thin, but I don't want a case that just adds bulk and doesn't help with an occasional drop. My last phone survived 2 drops without any case, but the last drop killed the focus on the camera...
I think it gives good protection around the phone and for back cameras too. The only side without protection is the display, because the case is not thicker than the phone himself... As you can see in my pictures i am using a glass screen protector too.

mingkee

• So here are the pictures! :)
    What should i say? Same feeling like original OP Carbon Case which i had for my 5t and 7t! Very thin and lightweight!
    Absolutly a good case!
    This looks solid. After wasting a lot of money on the original carbon case which turned out to be silky smooth to touch but fat and bulky in the hand, this case might indeed come close to former experiences of that case. Thanks for the info and the pics. I will look until that case with new found hope.

One question, does it feel to the touch like the old carbon cases in regards of the material?

Reactions: stefan.irmen

carlost24

Jul 30, 2009
    My Ringke Fusion came in today. I had the 1+ Sandstone but it was so bulky. This is MUCH better. Love that I can see my phone back & the detailing on the case is amazing.

Durability on 1+sandstone is not great so looking to switch to a fusion. I actually like the 1+ sandstone, feel is great, taper on the sides feels good and it doesn't add bulk (at least for me). But as i mentioned before durability leaves much to be desired as the sandstone texture is already coming off.

Few questions for the fusion. Is it really thinner? I despise bulk (on my cases) and from the pics it seems thicker. How are the buttons ( responsive? Flush?) and sides (grip? Taper?)?

Lastly, can you provide pics?

equi_design

Sep 20, 2009
    FL
    Google Nexus 4
    HTC Sensation
    Durability on 1+sandstone is not great so looking to switch to a fusion. I actually like the 1+ sandstone, feel is great, taper on the sides feels good and it doesn't add bulk (at least for me). But as i mentioned before durability leaves much to be desired as the sandstone texture is already coming off.

Few questions for the fusion. Is it really thinner? I despise bulk (on my cases) and from the pics it seems thicker. How are the buttons ( responsive? Flush?) and sides (grip? Taper?)?

Lastly, can you provide pics?
    It's definitely thinner than the Sandstone case.
    The volume buttons are pronounced a bit at the upper for + and at the bottom for -. On all of them they feel like actual buttons - and respond with a tactile tiny snap. I tend to dislike cases that have mushy button covers or button covers at all but I don't mind these one bit.
    Grip is great. It does have details printed into it like screws & stuff. It is very industrial and cyberpunk. I'll take photos tomorrow & post them. :)

Reactions: carlost24

stefan.irmen

Jan 11, 2018
    This looks solid. After wasting a lot of money on the original carbon case which turned out to be silky smooth to touch but fat and bulky in the hand, this case might indeed come close to former experiences of that case. Thanks for the info and the pics. I will look until that case with new found hope.

One question, does it feel to the touch like the old carbon cases in regards of the material?

Yes i think so... It feels like the old, origin Carbon Case from OnePlus :) Definitly a good choice!

alexeiz

Aug 28, 2009
    I just bought a black kwmobile TPU Silicone Case from Amazon. It's the simplest and cheapest case possible, but it feels nice (soft touch) and it's pretty thin. Certainly thinner than the official Quantum bumper case (which I also have and which I like a lot).

Top Liked Posts