Thin fit, minimalist case

Search This thread

superleeds27

Jun 21, 2010
Hull
I've received this one in Green (only one in stock)

And the only complain is that is not as grippy as the Spigen Thin Fit or Ringke Slim.

Maybe the black version is more grippy? Or maybe the finish needs to get wasted a bit

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Id seen a comment about these ones leaving marks on the phone - Albeit it was for a Oneplus device, but still?

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
Id seen a comment about these ones leaving marks on the phone - Albeit it was for a Oneplus device, but still?
It could be .. (I hope not)

For now I think I'll jump on the Spigen Thin Fit or the Spigen Hybrid. (I can't believe they added buttons to the case).

But right now I don't have any of those in stock.

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
This Spigen has better grip than MNML.

Is the new thin fit grip as good as the old one?

My Pixel 4 thin fit has excellent grip. With that hard soft grippy black material (kind of Nexus 5 back cover).
However, the new Pixel 5 thin fit, has a mix of TPU and that precious material on the sides.

So I fear the grip won't be as good as old Thin Fit, because the sides are made of TPU which is more slippery in my experience. (I don't know wtf Spigen is doing with the P5 thin fit. They had an excellent product and they ruined it).
Ringke used to make "Ringke Slim" with the same material (I had it in the Pixel 2). But now they just do brick cases that are horrible.

I'm still hunting for a case. I got this **** in green because looked like the old thin fit and was the only case in stock., but it's very slippery when hands are completely dry, so I want to get rid of it asap. (while my old Thin Fit or Ringke slim aren't slippery with dry hands).

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B08BJW4FBS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

bennickhill

Oct 20, 2010
I ended up with the totallee case. I used the mnml and peel case on my pixel 3, so I was glad to find totallee is already making one for the pixel 5. I have just black, so the black case fits well, since I think they have black and clear cases at the moment. Kind of pricey, but I had them in the past and since its the only one I could find at the moment, I'm content with purchasing it.

skinnytoo2

Oct 22, 2007
I am a minimalist as well. I like a case to protect from scratches and to help the grip. Obviously these types of cases won't do much for fall protection.

Anyone use a later case yet? They are expensive so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Docavelli

May 8, 2009
psst... right behind you
I got this to try. I don't care for TPU cases very much. It's more like the Bear Motion cases I used to get on my nexus phones. I don't know what happened to them. They used to have the quicksand cases that have great grip.

Anyway, this case fits great and had a feel almost like the back of the phone itself which is good. I think this is a winner for what I like in a case.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FQR5HYH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FtwNFb8809VWR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

dumbquestion

Oct 10, 2007
Central Valley, California
I have used Totalee in the past but sprung for the above mentioned Luibor & love it. With "ArmorSuit MilitaryShield Anti-Glare Screen Protector for Google Pixel 5 (2020) (Case Friendly) Anti-Bubble Matte Film" and a camera protector/cover from "QITAYO for Google Pixel 5 Screen Protector and Camera Protector [3 Screen Protectors+2 Camera Protectors] Anti-fingerprint Anti-Scratch Tempered Glass for Google Pixel 5", my Pixel 5 is all set to go out and play.

sw25

May 9, 2009
Canada
I got this to try. I don't care for TPU cases very much. It's more like the Bear Motion cases I used to get on my nexus phones. I don't know what happened to them. They used to have the quicksand cases that have great grip.

Anyway, this case fits great and had a feel almost like the back of the phone itself which is good. I think this is a winner for what I like in a case.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08FQR5HYH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FtwNFb8809VWR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

How is the grip? Does it feel slippery in the hand?

sean222

Cancelled my thin case order - decided to use this nice Pixel 5 with no case!
The Pixel 5 is so small, and has a nice grippy texture to it, I don't see this slipping out of my hand (knock on wood).
Thin plastic minimal cases are slippery plastic, they won't make grip better, but they will prevent scratches and minor drops.
My most common drop is getting into my car and the phone slips out of my pocket to the ground - I now have jeans/zippered track pants to remedy this :)

I already have a tempered glass on front, and I'm going to try out a skin for the back for sratch resistance (like dbrand). Will take my chances with falls.

thesebastian

Sep 25, 2012
Barcelona
I'm still looking for a thin fit case that has small size and has GOOD grip with DRY hands.

- "Anccer": I've only tried the case in GREEN colour --> I'm returning it because it's very slippery with dry hands. (Unlike older Spigen Thin Fit OR the Ringke Slim black cases).
- "ORNARTO": I've read that the case in BLACK colour it's also very slippery (Some review in Amazon).
- "Avalri": Same story as "ORNARTO" and "Anccer" One Amazon review mentioned that the case (GREEN colour) was VERY slippery.
- "Spigen Thin Fit" Pixel 5 edition: I've read that the case is a bit bulky. Also it mixes TPU with the (probably) black grippy material on the sides, reducing grip. So looks like more bulky and slippery than the Pixel 4 version. And with covered buttons. It has cons everywhere. But only because of the back material, could still be the best choice.

For now I'm using a tank case (Spigen Ultra Hybrid with black corners). I'm a bit desperate trying to get a case like my old Pixel 2 ringke slim or my older Pixel 4 spigen thin fit.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Latercase cyber edition

stupid thin..
    Clear or the black one?

The reviews on Amazon for the clear one makes it sound like that it's not different from a cheap $8 one.

Yes I bought the black one. I took some pictures so you can see how thin it is.
    qM7nGqL.jpg
    Hava a look at this case! Love it! [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji1433][emoji1433][emoji1433][emoji1419][emoji1419][emoji1419]
    https://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=83992729

ORNARTO case – thin with uncovered buttons. Sticks out 1 mm from the camera. Does not slip out of the hand 👍

2020-12-30 15_20_43.png
    I love my latercase cyber editon for my Pixel 5. Long story but selling my case if anyone wants it, $30 shipped.