• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

General Things frustrating on GW4

Search This thread

dreamtheater39

Oct 3, 2004
Bangalore
www.youtube.com
- HR on 3rd party watch faces are not real-time making 3rd party face suck
- Calendar complication for next meeting info - is not available on 99.99% of watch faces
- Spotify is a battery guzzler and managing offline downloads is just plain terrible. Most times the downloaded stuff doesnt even load without an internet connection - the implementation is terrible
- YT Music is another disaster - cant find and download music on the watch. Cant select music on my phone to download on the watch in a simple way....clunky way of getting the watch to play the music you want
- The watch isn't as snappy, lag free as the world makes it seem - it struggles more times than not when trying to open music apps, many times they force close. It's good - not ultimate as we make it sound
- No google assistant - this is a joke!
- Power saving - not enough options to customize this

All things said, still the best watch for android yet!

KreGgiants

Sep 8, 2012
This is my first real smartwatch. I have a fitness tracker disguised as smart watch (Honor Magic Watch 2).

Anyway, besides what you have said already, i would add:
- original strap (HORRIBLE). Even the highest end model (46mm classic LTE) comes only with the rubber/silicone strap (and it's terrible). Come on Samsung... The classic model should come with a leather, metal something that is actually... CLASSIC looking!

- the space to fit the strap is not really 20mm, but rather 19.8mm. I have measured as others have also and it's true.Try and fit metal 20mm straps and you will most probably have issues and will have to Dremel it... Other materials should be ok, because they are soft and give away a bit.

- Deep sleeping on this watch is completely broken! I have slept with this and my fitness tracker, and (amazingly) they recorded the very same amount of sleep, down to the minutes. But while I had over an hour of deep sleep on the fitness tracker, i had close to none on my Samsung classic 4. And it's not just me, many many people reporting this.

- ECG and Blood pressure working only on Samsung phones (without the mod)

- Having to unlock the watch every time I take it off, instead of only when opening Google/Samsung Pay. There should be at least an option for this.

That said, I'm really really liking this watch and have 2. Can't wait for it to mature more both in terms of the OS and the apps availability and how they perform

Reactions: pangkh and galaxys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is my first real smartwatch. I have a fitness tracker disguised as smart watch (Honor Magic Watch 2).

Anyway, besides what you have said already, i would add:
    - original strap (HORRIBLE). Even the highest end model (46mm classic LTE) comes only with the rubber/silicone strap (and it's terrible). Come on Samsung... The classic model should come with a leather, metal something that is actually... CLASSIC looking!

- the space to fit the strap is not really 20mm, but rather 19.8mm. I have measured as others have also and it's true.Try and fit metal 20mm straps and you will most probably have issues and will have to Dremel it... Other materials should be ok, because they are soft and give away a bit.

- Deep sleeping on this watch is completely broken! I have slept with this and my fitness tracker, and (amazingly) they recorded the very same amount of sleep, down to the minutes. But while I had over an hour of deep sleep on the fitness tracker, i had close to none on my Samsung classic 4. And it's not just me, many many people reporting this.

- ECG and Blood pressure working only on Samsung phones (without the mod)

- Having to unlock the watch every time I take it off, instead of only when opening Google/Samsung Pay. There should be at least an option for this.

That said, I'm really really liking this watch and have 2. Can't wait for it to mature more both in terms of the OS and the apps availability and how they perform
    Still an upgrade over Active 2...for WearOS alone...all my stuff just works between watch and phone now its googled. Maintenance effort is down 80%...