Things I don't like about S Note after last firmware update

mt6272

Jan 29, 2012
Does anyone know of a way to reverse this update or at the least revert to the previous version of S Note? I miss having full screen mode, and that tool for panning just gets in my way seeing as i am able to do what it offers simply by using the 2 finger sliding gesture. Side by side polaris viewing along with s note is now useless as i am unable to find any room to write my chemistry problems with no full screen and with that anoying pan tool.

My hunch is that samsung revoked the two aforementioned features in order to make the tablet a little bit more friendly to less advanced users but I cant be sure. I just want my old version of S Note! (Post copied from thread where this issue got little attention - reposting here in hopes of getting some more feedback on fixing the issue)

Attachments

jchammerpants

Aug 22, 2012
Does anyone know of a way to reverse this update or at the least revert to the previous version of S Note? I miss having full screen mode, and that tool for panning just gets in my way seeing as i am able to do what it offers simply by using the 2 finger sliding gesture. Side by side polaris viewing along with s note is now useless as i am unable to find any room to write my chemistry problems with no full screen and with that anoying pan tool.

My hunch is that samsung revoked the two aforementioned features in order to make the tablet a little bit more friendly to less advanced users but I cant be sure. I just want my old version of S Note! (Post copied from thread where this issue got little attention - reposting here in hopes of getting some more feedback on fixing the issue)

It took me a few minutes to realize that if I pinch zoom the page out, then the panning window goes away. You can still do side-by-side and pinch zoom the S-note to the full page view, beside Polaris, and you won't have the panning tool.

Hope that helps.
JCHP

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
The odd part is that the obtrusive little panning box they have added serves no purpose whatsoever. I mean you can just pan the window itself with your finger. Weird.

Anyway, you can go to the rooting thread in Development and just ODIN back to through original version until they fix this problem,

Sent from my awesome Note 10.1

mt6272

Jan 29, 2012
Anyway, you can go to the rooting thread in Development and just ODIN back to through original version until they fix this problem,
Can you explain what you mean by "just ODIN back through to the original version?"
Not asking for a detailed step by step, but for you to give me a link or something to set me in the right direction so I can figure out how to reconfigure stock. If its any help, I should note that I have rooted my device.

BeerChameleon

Aug 21, 2008
Tucson,Arizona.
Can you explain what you mean by "just ODIN back through to the original version?"
Not asking for a detailed step by step, but for you to give me a link or something to set me in the right direction so I can figure out how to reconfigure stock. If its any help, I should note that I have rooted my device.
Go here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1831152

Unfortunately the only old firmware we have is Root injected so u will have root :rolleyes:

Just follow the instructions.. ;)

nymviper1126

Feb 9, 2012
Also note unstable sand freezes.

Not everyone wants to root or can. I am a trail user on our server so while they may not block rooted devices, when you are leading the charge in a bureaucracy, you try to keep your head down and play by the rules..

Let's hope we all get reverted or new update soon. The future of tablets in many workplaces may depend on it.:(

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Then so tiny space to write...