[Think Tank] Wifi Proxy

Search This thread

mistahd33

Aug 2, 2008
Well the server name starts with "e" like yours.. we work on port 800 rather than 8080... aside that its impossible to say how your proxy is set up or what operating system its running on simply by looking at the name and the port. Ours runs on smoothwall Linux, but there are HEAPS of configuration options on a proxy, there might be an additional firewall server in place or anything. Being a school you could well have a lot of url's and ports blocked. You would have to troubleshoot it with your systems administrator.

Sent from my Atari 2600 using a big scary looking, extremely modified double dragon cartridge.

GlobaL_TroTTer

May 7, 2010
Oslo
www.cyanstatic.com
Its hard for me to find out stuff about our network because we aren't supposed to be using it. Some Guy got the password and port info and shared it to everyone at school. I just restored to cm 6 6.10 again to see if it works. Hope it works.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

mufakir

Apr 8, 2009
Hi,

I needed something to tunnel through my proxy at work so I started researching. A lot of these methods are kinda complicated what with iptables and routing and what not so I needed something simple.

And thankfully, I found it! and so far it works :D

The proxy server at work requires me to have a static ip. So that was the first hurdle. For that, I used DNS Settings. Worked like a charm.

The 2nd hurdle was the proxy server itself, and for that I used proxymator. That worked too. Browsing and ALL apps online!

While doing this, I found something interesting. I was experimenting with an automation app called Tasker and within it there's a section called Dialog (when you're setting up a task). Within that section, I found access to a native android WIFI IP settings section which is not visible when you go through the "settings" icon in the drawer. In that WIFI IP settings section, I could set the static ip and dns and what not. Which is pretty cool and yet extremely frustrating. Cool that it's there, and frustrating because why the hell is it not in the main menu? Why is it a hidden menu ?

Anyway, hopefully someone benefits from this little tit bit.

alexanansi

Jan 31, 2010
Help, Proxymator carked my phone

i installed proxymator on a non-rooted phone. it didn't work and crashed when i tried to start it. i uninstalled it but now i can't access the internet in any of my browsers - it just says page not found. so i think proxymator has partially installed and now whatever settings it installed i now can't remove. can anyone help?

101dw101

Dec 16, 2008
Wifi settings --> push menu button --> Advanced --> Proxy settings

It's available in Android 2.3.3 on my HTC DHD and it works for at least browsing (Android standard browser)...

Cheers

aravindsagar

Feb 14, 2012
Champaign, IL
Setting Proxy

There's is an app named 'ProxyDroid' available in the market. It can set global proxy settings, even with authentication. Works fine for me. All apps can access internet through WiFi at my collage which is behind a proxy with authentication. Note: The program needs root access.

My phone is LG Optimus P500, running on Nightly Four E(Based on CM7)

Reactions: sid5291

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Setting Proxy

There's is an app named 'ProxyDroid' available in the market. It can set global proxy settings, even with authentication. Works fine for me. All apps can access internet through WiFi at my collage which is behind a proxy with authentication. Note: The program needs root access.

My phone is LG Optimus P500, running on Nightly Four E(Based on CM7)