Thinking about rooting my G930FD and installing CFW...Many questions

Search This thread

timonoj

Oct 22, 2010
Hong Kong
Hi guys,

I'm considering rooting my G930FD. If I just root it, I should be able to disable most of Samsung crap, correct? I'm concerned about being able to use apps that might detect for root/CFW, such as:
-Google Pay
-HSBC
-MobileIron

Is there a way to hide the root from these? I think MobileIron even checks the knox status, so even if root is hidden/disabled, I might still fail that check.
If I install a CFW, what are the current status of affairs? I haven't installed a CFW since my Galaxy S4 times. As in, if I install any Lineage/AOSP, is there any way to get the camera to work with the stock app, or at least make it perform stock/like? What about Google Pay etc on these ROMs? Any stock-based ROM that keeps the camera while minimizing/rooting out all the touchwiz crap, while still working?

Thanks! I've been out of the game for a couple of years and got lost trying to catch up again...

Dec 20, 2010
Hi guys,

I'm considering rooting my G930FD. If I just root it, I should be able to disable most of Samsung crap, correct? I'm concerned about being able to use apps that might detect for root/CFW, such as:
-Google Pay
-HSBC
-MobileIron

Is there a way to hide the root from these? I think MobileIron even checks the knox status, so even if root is hidden/disabled, I might still fail that check.
If I install a CFW, what are the current status of affairs? I haven't installed a CFW since my Galaxy S4 times. As in, if I install any Lineage/AOSP, is there any way to get the camera to work with the stock app, or at least make it perform stock/like? What about Google Pay etc on these ROMs? Any stock-based ROM that keeps the camera while minimizing/rooting out all the touchwiz crap, while still working?

Thanks! I've been out of the game for a couple of years and got lost trying to catch up again...

I haven't touched my S7 yet so I can't answer you but this could answer some of your questions:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s7/how-to/debloat-galaxy-s7-services-safe-to-t3432967

You don't necessarily have to root, you have to install TWRP as a custom firmware, then get the script, edit it if you don't want some apps to be removed, apply the script and it's debloated.

But I'm sorry I can't tell you if you can install TWRP without tripping Knox, I can't tell you if installing a custom Firmware will disable Google Pay etc... But I guess you can easily find that information by searching, or someone knowing more than me will help you ;)

audit13

Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Installing TWRP will trip Knox if it's like every other Samsung phone I have owned that referenced Knox or warranty bit in download mode.