Thinking of buying a Mix 2

Search This thread

smutta

Dec 30, 2009
Awesome phone. But selling mine when might max 3 drops. Love the size. And yes global rom has playstore

Sent from my Mi MIX 2 using Tapatalk

LormaD

May 5, 2009
I have a mi mix 2 now, because of the fragility of my mi mix. I got fed up of buying the complete lcd assembly (i checked around, nobody here wants to attempt to replace just the glass from the digitizer.), 3x so far in about 18 months.

I was also wanting to get the mi mix 2 (global version) because of the broad spectrum of lte bands with respect to the lack of lte bands with the first mi mix (it's just way more "connectivity reliable" when you have all the lte bands). I found this out the hard way when testing the Razr gaming phone along side my mi mix. The mi mix was lost and slow connecting to data, drove me crazy.

I simply love the design of the Xiaomi line of mi mix's (but this time I didn't pay top dollar like I did when the mi mix was launched), and once you get the boot loader unlocked, the freedom and liberation of using the broad spectrum of rom's, roots, adaway etc, I will probably never go back to a Network available only phone again (hated my Samsung knox and locked down bootloaders for that reason).

If money were no option, and I had to get a new phone, I would get the 2s. But at half the cost (or 40% or so less), the regular mi mix 2 is no slouch.

I will say that the mi mix is a much larger phone, and the screen real estate is much bigger (it is only 0.4" bigger, but it really is much bigger than the numbers show) with respect to the mi mix 2. I never understood why Xiaomi downsized the mi mix 2, and 2s.

Invest in a true bumper tpu shockproof case, and forgo the sleek, thin, and sexy cases. One drop, could be 1) invisible crack, or 2) lens crack or bullseye blister, or 3) broken internally and damaged lens and digitizer.

Then the game of finding a capable and knowledgeable mobile phone tech who will want to attempt to repair a Xiaomi phone. Oh, and you will need to find and track down a lens and digitizer at a fair price (lol, good luck with that), because nobody will have parts for it.

I am not trying to deter you, I am only stating the facts.

Cheers,

lormad

Last edited:

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
So my S7 Edge got the flicker of death and i am starting my hunt for a new phone. I found the Mix 2 has some nice features and is pretty cheap. I plan on buying it on Amazon, Is there anything i should know?

Also does it have Google Play/Store/ect on it? Looking at this one; https://www.amazon.com/Xiaomi-Black-Unlocked-Global-Warranty/dp/B079816Y5T/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
Get the Mix2s instead. By all accounts the upgrades are well worth it. I have the Mix2 and love it and would buy the Mix2s if I didn't have this one. As stated above, invest in a proper case because 90% of those available don't protect the screen adequately. It's a gorgeous but delicate phone and hard to resist the temptation of buying a case that shows it off.

Last edited:

Twotems

Feb 7, 2014
Reactions: Adriano-A3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a mi mix 2 now, because of the fragility of my mi mix. I got fed up of buying the complete lcd assembly (i checked around, nobody here wants to attempt to replace just the glass from the digitizer.), 3x so far in about 18 months.

I was also wanting to get the mi mix 2 (global version) because of the broad spectrum of lte bands with respect to the lack of lte bands with the first mi mix (it's just way more "connectivity reliable" when you have all the lte bands). I found this out the hard way when testing the Razr gaming phone along side my mi mix. The mi mix was lost and slow connecting to data, drove me crazy.

I simply love the design of the Xiaomi line of mi mix's (but this time I didn't pay top dollar like I did when the mi mix was launched), and once you get the boot loader unlocked, the freedom and liberation of using the broad spectrum of rom's, roots, adaway etc, I will probably never go back to a Network available only phone again (hated my Samsung knox and locked down bootloaders for that reason).

If money were no option, and I had to get a new phone, I would get the 2s. But at half the cost (or 40% or so less), the regular mi mix 2 is no slouch.

I will say that the mi mix is a much larger phone, and the screen real estate is much bigger (it is only 0.4" bigger, but it really is much bigger than the numbers show) with respect to the mi mix 2. I never understood why Xiaomi downsized the mi mix 2, and 2s.

Invest in a true bumper tpu shockproof case, and forgo the sleek, thin, and sexy cases. One drop, could be 1) invisible crack, or 2) lens crack or bullseye blister, or 3) broken internally and damaged lens and digitizer.

Then the game of finding a capable and knowledgeable mobile phone tech who will want to attempt to repair a Xiaomi phone. Oh, and you will need to find and track down a lens and digitizer at a fair price (lol, good luck with that), because nobody will have parts for it.

I am not trying to deter you, I am only stating the facts.

Cheers,

lormad
    What about this case? Is it resistant?
    My Mix 2 will be delivery on the next week.
    This is the one I'm using and was recommended by former Mix1 owners as offering the best protection whilst not being too bulky. I'm still looking for something similar in clear tpu. Go to the Accessories threads. Plenty of info there.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Xiaomi...m-Silicone-Soft-Case-Cover-Skin-/152350732527
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone