• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Thinking of getting a 9 Pro

Search This thread

CariceHouten

May 18, 2021
It's time to replace my aging S9+ and I was leaning heavily towards the 9 Pro but after reading a lot of threads on here it seems like that isn't the best choice. Is it really all doom and gloom for Oneplus owners or is the 9 https://9apps.ooo/ Pro still a good option? I've been a Samsung user for a long time and wanted to try something new.

Last edited:
Reactions: galaxys

AndyC76

Nov 24, 2010
It's completely up to you, each thread you've read is specific to the user. I own it and I like it. Personally you have a number of days ( depending on where you are in the world ), to buy it direct from OnePlus or Amazon, try it and if it's not for you, then you can return it.

null0seven

Oct 1, 2013
Iasi
If you want a Samsung and got money get Note 22 Ultra. I love the design.
9 Pro is a Very Good phone. Some units are broken and some are broken by users.

Reactions: Buslova

Guyinlaca

Sep 13, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
If you can get it for $799, it might be worth it. However, it doesn't feel as polished as offerings from Samsung, the Pixel 6 Pro, or even the OnePlus 8 Pro from last year. Being a huge fan of everything up to OxygenOS 10, it feels like OnePlus gave up on stability and refinement. They're popping out entry level to mid range phones left and right, and neglecting the true flagships. From a friend that has the OP9 Pro, it overheats occasionally, has a lot of software bugs and has a camera that trails the competition.

I agree, consider the Pixel 6 Pro or wait for the S22 Ultra.

Buslova

If you can get it for $799, it might be worth it. However, it doesn't feel as polished as offerings from Samsung, the Pixel 6 Pro, or even the OnePlus 8 Pro from last year. Being a huge fan of everything up to OxygenOS 10, it feels like OnePlus gave up on stability and refinement. They're popping out entry level to mid range phones left and right, and neglecting the true flagships. From a friend that has the OP9 Pro, it overheats occasionally, has a lot of software bugs and has a camera that trails the competition.

I agree, consider the Pixel 6 Pro or wait for the S22 Ultra
And here we have someone giving advice based on their FRIEND's device. WTF. So many people want to hate on this device. I'm a power user who has been modding and overclocking everything I've owned and have ZERO issues with this phone. No overheating even after hours of gaming and sometimes gaming WHILE charging (which I like to avoid since it's not great for the battery). No stuttering, the camera is actually very close to the top dogs (see multiple reviews) and blows me away sometimes. I don't understand the hate. Maybe I just got lucky or maybe other people...........

Reactions: null0seven

tech_head

Nov 22, 2007
California
OnePlus 9 Pro
i went from a 7 pro to the 9 pro.

the absolute only complaint is the hole punch camera. i miss the popup
I've gotten used to it.
My overall complaint with the industry is curved screens. Can we all agree it was a bad science experiment and go back to flat screens. The only reason I didn't buy a 9 was because it didn't come with 256GB in the US.

Buslova

i went from a 7 pro to the 9 pro.

the absolute only complaint is the hole punch camera. i miss the popup
I'm using an app that puts a battery status ring around the hole punch and then disable the battery icon so the hole punch just looks like my battery status. Helped me to forget about the stupid hole punch all together.

AndyC76

Nov 24, 2010
I thought it would stings a bit to see they are offering 11% off. Thinking about it, I'm happy I bought it at full price in May. Wouldn't change it

Reactions: null0seven

Top Liked Posts