Thinq does not have advanced messaging option

Search This thread

Tragion

Jul 16, 2018
I bought 2 US thinqs from t-mobile the other day. Both have the same base version. Security version. I've compared every setting I can think of. But one of the phones does not show Advanced messaging options in settings. No alias settings. My. Phone shows a click able menu called "advanced messaging" but the other phone does not. Anybody know anything about this?

Last edited:

Idon12no

Jun 12, 2018
I bought 2 US thinqs from t-mobile the other day. Both have the same base version. Security version. I've compared every setting I can think of. But one of the phones does not show Advanced messaging options in settings. No alias settings. My. Phone shows a click able menu called "advanced messaging" but the other phone does not. Anybody know anything about this?
My silver T-Mobile G7 has advanced settings, and I'll get back on here after I check my wife's red one. What do you want from advanced settings, and what does alias do?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Billy Madison

Tragion

Jul 16, 2018
My silver T-Mobile G7 has advanced settings, and I'll get back on here after I check my wife's red one. What do you want from advanced settings, and what does alias do?

I'm trying to figure out why I can't get delivered and read reports when my friend and I text each other. We don't have this problem with anybody else. Just each other. This seems to be the only setting that could be causing the issue. Delivery and read reports are working with mms between the two phones but not sms. Alias seems to just be another version of your personal profile on the phone. Not too concerned about that function but it seems to be connected to since she doesn't have that setting either

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hmmm, just got my silver T-Mobile G7 ThinQ Friday and I don't have advanced messaging on it either.

I think it was a bad installation of the update. Factory reset seems to have solved the problem
    Thanks that did it! I see some people don't know what advanced messaging is, but now I can see when my wife is typing or has read my text messages on her Galaxy S8.

Hooray, I'm useful!