• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Third party launchers and stock Navigation gestures

Search This thread

wolfgart

Sep 14, 2007
Rome
By installing Nova Launcher as default launcher i loose stock Navigation Gestures and Three section gestures.

Which is your experience ?

wolfgart

Sep 14, 2007
Rome
Same here, i cant use gesture with Nova Laucher, when i swipe up it come back to stock laucher and set it as default.

you can simply disable stock launcher by launching this commands with adb :

adb shell
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.bbk.launcher2

but Navigation Gestures problem can't fix. You can fix Launcher problem sure

Last edited:

dab117

Nov 15, 2014
I got it to work on my non-rooted Vivo X60 Pro+ even when im using nova launcher, it took quite awhile to set it properly

I've replicated my steps twice and both times work for me

0) Start from the default system launcher
1) Go to Settings > Security & Privacy > More security settings > Replace the system launcher and toggle it
2) The phone will ask you to login to your vivo account. I had to create one, might as well cause its needed for the e-warranty card
3) Once you're in, enable "Allow the launcher to be replaced" and ensure the "Tap the home button to lock the system home screen" is disabled
4) Head back to Settings > System navigation and reselect the Navigation mode of your choice
5) Go back to your home and open the "Interaction Pool" app, which came with your phone by default. This will launch the 3 screen overlays. Close the app once you're done
6) Launch Nova launcher and use it to select Nova Launcher as the default launcher from the grey warning (!) message above

if (6) did not work,

7) go to Settings > Application and Permissions > Permission management > Permissions tab (on the top header) > Default app settings.
8) set the Home Screen to Nova Launcher

You should be able to use the swipe navigation gestures

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Same here, i cant use gesture with Nova Laucher, when i swipe up it come back to stock laucher and set it as default.