This Camera App is better than S9+ Stock

Search This thread

ADPL

Dec 26, 2015
Samsung pro mode is better than most of the copy cat apps in the play store. The only thing that works better is the gcam mod for front facing selfie portraits because of the machine learning blur.

The stock app, and the gcam, are the only camera apps you need.

Can you please give me the link to the gcam you mentioned.

Rob_Mobile

Sep 2, 2015
Which version? Miniuser version have tinting issue and the rest black screen.

Your version GS9_GC_5.1.018_50frames_v1.apk seems acceptable, but does crash.

Fortunately I found I could long press on the APP and tap "video" which opens without crashing, then I can go back and change the B-S-G Mod camera back to "Nexus 6 - Shamu" (the only one working).

PhotoSphere 360° works quite well, even in dark areas - if there's one reason to install this APP this is it. Doesn't seem to have a lot of camera modes (like the S9+ camera) but has a lot of settings to fiddle with.

Focus works well but the background blur seems software based (not hardware) and does make some mistakes.

Thanks for doing the work to make GCam available for the S9+.

When I get brave enough (after it passes a month of AV scans) I'm going to try com-sec-android-app-camera-shootingmode-panorama3d-1024-27341873-ac59752fcc6aab74feef2205a29a6d50.apk (Landing Page) since it adds Samsung's "Surround Shot" mode to the existing S9+ camera modes - supposedly it provides better results than PhotoSphere.

Last edited:

xterminater07

Dec 4, 2010
Your version GS9_GC_5.1.018_50frames_v1.apk seems acceptable, but does crash.

Fortunately I found I could long press on the APP and tap "video" which opens without crashing, then I can go back and change the B-S-G Mod camera back to "Nexus 6 - Shamu" (the only one working).

PhotoSphere 360° works quite well, even in dark areas - if there's one reason to install this APP this is it. Doesn't seem to have a lot of camera modes (like the S9+ camera) but has a lot of settings to fiddle with.

Focus works well but the background blur seems software based (not hardware) and does make some mistakes.

Thanks for doing the work to make GCam available for the S9+.

When I get brave enough (after it passes a month of AV scans) I'm going to try com-sec-android-app-camera-shootingmode-panorama3d-1024-27341873-ac59752fcc6aab74feef2205a29a6d50.apk (Landing Page) since it adds Samsung's "Surround Shot" mode to the existing S9+ camera modes - supposedly it provides better results than PhotoSphere.

follow my exact steps, if still doesn't work, clear data and start over... pixel 2 xl as camera and pixel 2016 zsl is the only one that works for me on my apk

Reactions: Rob_Mobile

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you want very nice and sharp photos than you have to install "Bacon Camera" for your Samsung. We hope that someone can do a mod like Google Pixel Quality.

You wouldn't happen to be the developer of Bacon would you?
    The only reason Gcam is better than Samsung's is because Google uses machine learning and it's massive database for that, I don't think this camera has these at its disposal.

Edit: This app doesn't support camera2 API, meaning you actually have very little control of what the hardware can do and all changes are software edited.
    Samsung pro mode is better than most of the copy cat apps in the play store. The only thing that works better is the gcam mod for front facing selfie portraits because of the machine learning blur.

The stock app, and the gcam, are the only camera apps you need.
    I don't know any app that give you this. But for me personally I tried yesterday some versions of the gcam mod. Only one version is working a little bit. But picture quality is amazing. I hope someone do a full working mod for our dual camera than you have a Google Pixel camera with Samsung hardware.
    I really want the Drama Photo effect from my Galaxy S4. Any idea where I can find this or an app that is like it. This effect will take 4 to 7 shots of a moving subject, and then stitch it together to show the movement of someone. thanks