This is the Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

ckoadiyn

Jan 23, 2010
I know this. Still, when the S came out, it was available unlocked, or through T-Mobile. It would work with ATT's GSM, but not their 3G. Still, the option was there until an ATT frequency version popped up.. I think we're at a point now though, where a single radio chip should be able to support both GSM networks, and the dual CDMA/GSM parts can make it even more widely available.

That would be nice

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

joon82

Mar 28, 2011
Whats the difference between
super amoled and super amoled plus?
Read korean boards and people were disappointed with super amoled on nexus prime. They are saying it same screen used on first galaxy.

Darktori

Oct 28, 2010
Whats the difference between
super amoled and super amoled plus?
Read korean boards and people were disappointed with super amoled on nexus prime. They are saying it same screen used on first galaxy.

Super Amoled uses Pentile.
Super Amoled Plus uses a true RGB setup.

I think with that resolution and PPI,the Pentile matrix will not be a problem.

Drzfr3shboialex

May 9, 2010
Hopefully there is a sprint, tmobile, and att version all together and verizon gets their own, or a verizon and sprint version and gsm gets there own as long as its out on sprint

Soon to be Nexus Prime owner if on sprint :)

MrGarak

Oct 20, 2010
Dublin
How long before MIUI comes out for this.....

Fix'd. lol the main thing will just be getting an ICS CM nightly going. There will be massive demand for it on this device also so I wouldn't say too long, I'm sure the powers that be will let us know when the time comes though, all we can do is speculate for now.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

baboex

Oct 27, 2010
Omaha
Fix'd. lol the main thing will just be getting an ICS CM nightly going. There will be massive demand for it on this device also so I wouldn't say too long, I'm sure the powers that be will let us know when the time comes though, all we can do is speculate for now.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda premium

I agree, development on this device is going to take no time at all...

kichard

May 10, 2011
State College, PA
I'm really excited for them to finally make the announcement. I'm ready to see the real life specs and features in detail of the new OS. coming from an Inc I'm ready for this phone. I really believe it's the right choice, gonna be super dev friendly just like the Inc was and hopefully around the same weight.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

Jobiza

Oct 21, 2010
OnePlus 8T
Why r u laughing at it? xD When I was on FroyoComb (it has eyef***ing bootanim) it was draining more battery on boot than static anim.

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk

It will at most drain 1/10 of 1% battery because it will boot up less than 10secs. :D And who cares about it? :p

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Drzfr3shboialex

May 9, 2010
I hope for more leaks this week like the sprint version. Anyone notice in one of the screenshots it said No sim card, so it is not exclusive on Verizon.

Drzfr3shboialex

May 9, 2010

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1318281503633.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1318281503633.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 178

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    prime1-550x277.jpg

http://briefmobile.com/nexus-prime-unveiled-by-samsung-teaser-video

Thank you Samsung for showing off the Nexus Prime. It looks sexy to say the least.
    You make no sense. ;)
    Galaxy Nexus Cons
    - 5 MP Camera opposed to 8
    - Non Plus Pentile AMOLED Screen
    - GPU from 2007 with 2x overclock running 3x the pixels
    - No MicroSD slot
    - $100 more on contract

Now on paper alone, this phone clearly loses to the GS2, real word speeds will determine feasibility. I'd take a phone that was slightly slower than the GS2 just for the timely updates alone.

What happens though if apps can't hit the 30fps mark due to the gigantic screen and crippled GPU? Will it still be worth it then?
    8MP camera's on cell phones are freak'in worthless. They'll get you HUGE file sizes, no better quality and when you look at all those blurry pixels you quickly realize you can't blow the pic up anyway. Where do most pictures taken with cell phones end up? They end up online on Facebook, Google +, Picasa, etc. I have NEVER blown up a picture taken with a cell phone, and neither have most people here. More Megapixels doesn't mean better quality. The glass is what counts.

Pentile Screen - There's no other option. The screen size is what it has to be to be 720P. Complain more about the screen being too big than the one single form of technology capable of running that many pixels as a LED screen.

GPU - If you guys think that Google is going to select a GPU that isn't capable of showcasing all the graphics capabilities of ICS, then just go ahead and turn your Android in for an iPhone. Google selected the processor and GPU they picked for a reason.

No microSD - Valid to someone that wants that feature. The addition or lack of a microSD is purely personal preference. Personally, I don't need or use the one on my Vibrant.

$100 more on Contract - Blame Verizon, not Google. Google doesn't set contract pricing. Samsung doesn't set contract pricing. Frankly, I'm willing to pay MORE to have a pure Google experience, timely updates and a TON of dev support. If there's one thing we know, it's that CyanogenMod should most likely come quickly to the Galaxy Nexus.

I'm looking for something that will last the 2 years that I'm on contract for. Having instant Android updates is definitely a plus but I wonder how this hardware will fare over the 2 years before I can upgrade. If you find apps today that really push this phone, what percentage of apps will be out there a year from now that won't be useable due to the sub-par GPU and huge resolution.
    I have friends that still use their Nexus One, it works fine. Define "works". Think about what you're saying. You're essentially saying that two years from now the SGSII will be running the latest version of Android and the Galaxy Nexus won't. Based on what? Shoot, I have 4 year old Blackberries that still "work". I have a Vibrant right now in my cupholder. It's less than 18 months old. It was a flagship device. It doesn't have Gingerbread (officially) and it never will. It will never get ICS. I love our developers. I think that Android Development is crucial to the Android Ecosystem, it's the entire point of Android. Is CM7 nice, yes, it is, but it isn't perfect. It doesn't have perfect GPS like I had on 2.2. It doesn't do all the video playback the hardware is capable of. It doesn't do a lot of things that it was intended to do, and it does some things that it wasn't intended to do. You do realize that this GPU pushes Desktops as well as 3D content. Just because something has been around for a long time doesn't mean that it's outdated. I have a 3 year old video card in my desktop that runs anything I throw at it.

There comes a point with any device where developers can no longer "do" something with it. Development needs source to be proper. Development needs appropriate drivers that can only come from the manufacturer.

The SGSII and ANY phone with a custom framework like TouchWiz, Sense or Motoblur is exponentially less likely to upgrade/maintain that device than Google is a Nexus Device. If you want an Android phone that will "last" the duration of a two year contract (as in be updated) then historically, there's none more likely to do that than a Nexus device.

New hardware is irrelevant if the OS you're running isn't optimized for it. Everyone thought the SGS was going to blow EVERYTHING out of the water until TouchWiz, RFS and a mismatched processor "ruined" it.

This isn't directed at anyone specifically, but there are a lot of people talking out of their @$$ about a phone they haven't touched yet running an OS they've never seen, and after they do see it will have no more of an understanding of it's inner workings than a Monkey knows about a open heart surgery.
    I've had my Vibrant since Day 1. I've had it in pieces a half a dozen times testing gps fixes. It's never had a screen protector, just a cheap gel skin from. T-Mobile. It's in mint condition, no screen scratches and no "squeaks".

I swear, some of you guys are either delusional or you just like to repeat rhetoric. Of course, I don't treat a device I paid over $500 for like it's a toy either. :p
    Unlike certain other companies, Samsung did not disappoint fans with their phone announcement today. ;)
    Nexus Bannana?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App