"This MIUI version can't be installed on this device"

Search This thread

dzkjdxUESTC

Mar 15, 2022
I am a Chinese user, I bought the domestic version, and flashed the international version. Since I wanted to see if it could be locked, I tried it and successfully locked it. Go to the recovery interface "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device", so I can't start my phone, so I decided to unlock my phone again, I unlocked it with the Chinese version of the official unlocking tool, who knows the prompt "Unknown error", and the software also reminded me to update to the latest version, so I tried it, and after updating to the latest version, I really succeeded in unlocking. Important point: I was logged into my Xiaomi account before this, so I was able to unlock it here. I want to tell everyone: you should use which version of the official unlocking tool when you bought it, you can't mix it up.

Reactions: pnin

roulo

Mar 1, 2022
Xiaomi Black Shark 3
I am a Chinese user, I bought the domestic version, and flashed the international version. Since I wanted to see if it could be locked, I tried it and successfully locked it. Go to the recovery interface "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device", so I can't start my phone, so I decided to unlock my phone again, I unlocked it with the Chinese version of the official unlocking tool, who knows the prompt "Unknown error", and the software also reminded me to update to the latest version, so I tried it, and after updating to the latest version, I really succeeded in unlocking. Important point: I was logged into my Xiaomi account before this, so I was able to unlock it here. I want to tell everyone: you should use which version of the official unlocking tool when you bought it, you can't mix it up.
welcom bro
find Halabtech Tool v1.1 Is free tool
unlock bootloader ofline in edl mode
f

rolwu

Nov 16, 2006
I have encountered the same problem a few hours ago with my beloved Redmi K20 Pro. My heart became gloomy thinking that I have no way left other than having to take to an authorized service centre where they will rip off the back cover. But then I stumbled upon this simple solution that took me a minute or two. This is how I solved it:
  1. Entered the fastboot mode
  2. Connected the phone to my laptop using the USB cable
  3. Opened the official Mi Unlock Tool and logged in with my Mi account, and
  4. Clicked on the beautiful UNLOCK button!
Boom! The phone is back to its vibrant life! I'm just happy again! 🤩
Good! I tried the same thing before searching solution, it works!! Don't know what's the problem!

iflex sam

Jun 8, 2022
Device: Redmi note 7S

I found a solution and it worked for me:

1.Download the bat file and execute in your windows pc : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NqPotx06yRuhPsOdEAdS4JNsk7qWWchF/view
2. After that use the MI unlocker tool to unlock the device.
3, Use mi flasher to flash the Rom.

After the hours of research in the internet i found the solution.

Thanks
It works for me!
if cannot use boatloader you can just open back the miunlock and sign in again, then you do the unlock again. the device actually has been flashed to your rom that you want to upgrade/downgrade. The Mi just locked the device because you do the clear and lock. if you do the clear all will be no problem.

follow my step just using the Mi Unlock then everythings will be fine!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bricked with a locked bootloader - "This MIUI version can't be installed on this device"

I can get to "adb sideload" and fastboot, but the bootloader is locked :(

Can I unlock the bootloader with EDL? Can I access EDL with an EDL-cable? Or do I need to open the phone and short the EDL pins?

Can I recover the phone from a Linux computer? Or do I need Windoze?

Is it even possible to un-screw this phone?

Any help appreciated.
    You have 2 ways to get out of this situation.

1. Try to unlock the bootloader with the Mi account you used last time.
    2. If couldn't unlock, then switch to EDL mode. Use a no auth programmer to flash the correct variant fastboot ROM and the device should boots up. Then add account again and wait for 168 hours for unlocking.

Since we've got no auth programmer for Sm6125 we could use EDL mode freely.
    Hi all add me to the list with a k20pro.
    The device was unlocked at the start, i got MIUI 12.5 global and flashed with miflashtool.
    but wipe and lock was active.
    now the phone comes up to the recovery menu and says the miui version is not for this device.
    When I try to flash to another version, miflashtool says the device is locked,
    when I try to unlock while using the account the device is registered in, miunlock says go to settings >developer options> mi unlock status.
    Gave it to a repair shop for 1.5 months and nothing. I live in Iran so no authorized service centers here.
    I have access to fast boot mode and recovery.

I tried xiaomitoll V2 which had a specific question asking if my device would show This MIUI version can't be installed on this device in phone is bricked option. It goes to get china official Rom but then errors.

I'm a noob here so any help would be great, tnx.
    Device: Redmi note 7S

I found a solution and it worked for me:

1.Download the bat file and execute in your windows pc : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NqPotx06yRuhPsOdEAdS4JNsk7qWWchF/view
    2. After that use the MI unlocker tool to unlock the device.
    3, Use mi flasher to flash the Rom.

After the hours of research in the internet i found the solution.

Thanks