Question "This PC can't run Windows 11"

Search This thread

fleisch80

Oct 29, 2015
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire
Don't even concern yourself , or worry about Tpm , etc.
You CAN run windows 11 on ANY older computer.

What you do is get the windows iso , get Rufus the iso image creator then
Under Rufus settings choose create and remove windows 11 tpm , and other
windows restrictions.

After that let Rufus load the modified iso onto USB , now you'll have a win 11 that installs
on everything out there without checking for requirements.

I honestly can't remember if using Rufus , you still needed to include a registry bios
Text hack to work with initial windows requirement menu ,

I DONT think you do ,
Either way later today ill reply back and double check on that.
as previous members stated , theres no need for any hacked files ,hacked registry
entries , etc . use rufus and it will strip out any and ALL restrictions.

HOWEVER ////////////////////////////////////////////////
FOR PEOPLE ON WINDOWS 7 ,

YOU WILL NOT SEE THE RUFUS MENU OPTION TO SELECT REMOVE WIN 11
RESTRICTIONS ////////////////////////////////////

YOU AT LEAST NEED TO BE RUNNING WIN 8 for the rufus program to show you
the remove win 11 restrictions for iso option.

this glitch in rufus is because win 7 does not have the more updated necessary system files
that rufus needs to perform the modify iso functiion.

fleisch80

Oct 29, 2015
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Fire
for everyone out there , i would convert and use rufus now to strip out the
restrictions of the iso. i have a feeling once too many people get wise on how to do it using rufus ,
microsoft will tell them to remove that feature .

Aug 13, 2022
Since Windows 11 installer became available, I never liked how a lot of the guides modify the installer (reuse of Win10 installer, regedit, using modified files, etc) when really you don't even need to do anything to the installer. Leave it untouched and install Windows via DISM to get around the requirements. All this does is literally image Windows to your disk and is your best bet to installing Windows 11.

marley183rd2

Jul 17, 2017
like many, i am getting this error. i have a built PC with a Ryzen 7 2700X. I think there might be a BIOS setting to enable TPM, but I haven't checked yet. Anyone else run into this?

View attachment 5350745

this is the link to the Windows 11 compatibility checker:

Fix #4 works for me on every pc i try.
Read that guide and thank me later. That batch file is a God Send.

Mikicrep

Sep 8, 2022
Samsung Galaxy A40
like many, i am getting this error. i have a built PC with a Ryzen 7 2700X. I think there might be a BIOS setting to enable TPM, but I haven't checked yet. Anyone else run into this?

View attachment 5350745

Just bypass it, sadly u will need to format ur windows partition, there was before old bypass but sadly it seems patched

PeterGroft29

Sep 30, 2022
Check if your system supports Secure Boot. Press Win Key + R.
Check if your PC supports UEFI mode. Restart your PC and press the F2/F10/Del key to enter your BIOS.
Enable UEFI Mode and Secure Boot. Enable UEFI Mode

Regards,
Peter

PeterGroft29

Sep 30, 2022
Check if your PC supports TPM
Step1 – Press Win Key + R. Type tpm.msc in the dialog window, and hit Enter.
Step 2 – When the TPM utility pops up, check if the chip is in use.
If yes, you’ll see it under the Status section, marked as The TPM is ready to use.
Step 3 – The TPM Manufacturer Information section will provide you with information about the TPM version.

If it is TPM 2.0, you will be able to install and run Windows 11.If the version of TPM is not 2.0 or if it is lower, that means that you won’t be able to update to Windows 11.
When your computer warns “Compatible TPM cannot be found” or the TPM module version is lower than 2.0, staying with your current computer operating system will be a wise decision.

Regards,
Peter

HolyHog

Jun 11, 2015
Alaska
The easiest way I have found is download the latest 22h2 version of Windows 11 and flash it to a usb drive. Download Windows 10 or use your current copy that is extracted and copy the appraiserres.dll from the \sources folder. Paste the appraiserres.dll to the sources folder in your Win 11 on the usb drive. You now have a copy of 22h2 Win 11 that you can install on any computer that can run Windows.

Hello I wrote out a batch script for those that don't mind the registry edit method, to make it faster

Copy the code below and save it to a text file. Name it tpm.bat
Code:
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig /v BypassTPMCheck /t REG_DWORD /d 1
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\Labconfig /v BypassRAMCheck /t REG_DWORD /d 1
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\Labconfig /v BypassSecureBootCheck /t REG_DWORD /d 1

To use, Add tpm.bat to a usb thumbdrive and run your installer iso.

Press shift F10. Then run this code in the installer cli
Code:
C:tpm.bat

The script will quickly add the registry entries allowing you to bypass
EXAMPLE:

Last edited:

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
With Win11 22H2 deleting / renaming the appraiser.dll doesn't work as recommended with some tutorials / videos

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
My installed Windows 10 Pro doesn't contain file "appraiserres.dll". Downloading a fresh Windows 10 Pro 21H2 ISO ...

Last edited:

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
Hello I wrote out a batch script for those that don't mind the registry edit method, to make it faster

Code:

THAT'S WHAT MICROSOFT RECOMMENDS:

• Microsoft recommends against installing Windows 11 on a device that does not meet the Windows 11 minimum system requirements. If you choose to install Windows 11 on a device that does not meet these requirements, and you acknowledge and understand the risks, you can create the following registry key values and bypass the check for TPM 2.0 (at least TPM 1.2 is required) and the CPU family and model.
  • Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup
  • Name: AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU
  • Type: REG_DWORD
  • Value: 1

Hence a BAT-file should contain this line
Code:
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup /v AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU /t REG_DWORD /d 1

Last edited:
Reactions: jenneh

xXx yYy

Feb 4, 2017
Only to have mentioned it:

Windows OS's setup.exe knows of mulitiple parameters: you probably don't have to create a so-called bypass.bat

Example ( upgrade.bat )

Code:
@echo off
set "drv_letter=%~d0"
start "" /WAIT "setup.exe /quiet /compat ignorewarning /dynamicupdate disable /eula accept /finalize /tempdrive %drv_letter% /copylogs %drv_leter%\setup.log"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With Win11 22H2 deleting / renaming the appraiser.dll doesn't work as recommended with some tutorials / videos
    Strange, I just downloaded the latest 22H2 from Microsoft and replaced my appraiserres.dll
    from a W10 copy and it works fine. If your replacing appraiser.dll, you are replacing the wrong file.

Code:

THAT'S WHAT MICROSOFT RECOMMENDS:

• Microsoft recommends against installing Windows 11 on a device that does not meet the Windows 11 minimum system requirements. If you choose to install Windows 11 on a device that does not meet these requirements, and you acknowledge and understand the risks, you can create the following registry key values and bypass the check for TPM 2.0 (at least TPM 1.2 is required) and the CPU family and model.
    • Registry Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup
    • Name: AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU
    • Type: REG_DWORD
    • Value: 1

Hence a BAT-file should contain this line
    Code:
    REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup /v AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU /t REG_DWORD /d 1

1624983840371.png

Just run tpm.msc and it should give you status of TPM. If your PC supports it and it's in disabled state you can enable it from BIOS as earlier post suggests
    Not all CPUs are compatible with that, and not all the manufacturers give the option to enable TPM. Lets bypass it, shall we? Create a new txt file anywhere on your pc and open it. After that, add the following lines:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig] “BypassTPMCheck”=dword:00000001 “BypassSecureBootCheck”=dword:00000001

Save the file, and then rename it, just remove the "txt" and replace it with "reg". Open the file and BOOM. The setup should work.
    Windows 11 installed fine on my cheap HP desktop.
    Screenshot 2021-06-29 183820.png
    1: Create your own installation media

2: The steps necessary to remove the "Secure Boot" and "TPM 2.0" requirements error when attempting to install Windows 11

3: Obtain the newest available Windows 10 ISO from Micro$0ft;
    Already have made your Windows 11 USB Installer using Rufus;

Mount Windows 10 ISO;

Find and locate the folder named Sources on the mounted ISO;

Copy all of the files in the Sources folder of the mounted ISO except for install.wim/install.esd;

Navigate to the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer that you have previously created in your File Manager;

Open the Sources folder on the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer;

Paste the previously copied contents/files from the Sources folder on the mounted Win 10 ISO to the Sources folder of the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer, and make sure to replace the files present in the Windows 11 USB Installer Sources folder;

Boot from Windows 11 USB Installer;
    Profit from not having the requirements of Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 being enabled in place.

For more deatils hereis detailed tutorial. Link.