Question "This PC can't run Windows 11"

Search This thread

zbaracki

all modern CPUs have built-in Firmware TPM (fTPM), by default it's disabled, but quick browse through bios and you'll find it.
Other requirements - boot drive must be in GPT format and not mbr. mbr2gpt command built into windows allows for easy conversion.
CSM mode has to be disabled in order to be able to enable secure boot.

Reactions: BHD@RN
Apr 17, 2021
LG K8
Moto E6 Play
all modern CPUs have built-in Firmware TPM (fTPM), by default it's disabled, but quick browse through bios and you'll find it.
Other requirements - boot drive must be in GPT format and not mbr. mbr2gpt command built into windows allows for easy conversion.
well i'm out of the range. xD

another thing to note is by default, fTPM is 2.0, and on intel it is labeled as PTT, not sure why but ok

BHD@RN

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3
I'm excited to try windows 11 but my machine is very old i7-4720 and don't have TPM 2.0, i know there is workaround, when i saw the UI and android app via amazon store will be available later, i'm very excited.

Is there anyone try windows 11 without TPM 2.0 with just modified registry in set up installer? (without replace dll or install.wim/esd)
well, bad news Microsoft just announced that it will only support Intel 8th generation and above processor line up.

well, we are in XDA so wait till any work around is there

BHD@RN

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3
yes also if you are Intel user then gen 8 and above will only be supported
and for amd processors 3000 series and above i.e processors from 2019 and above.

this is weird but i saw this on gary explains video on YouTube and also on LTT video.

Theplayernew

Apr 3, 2009
To run Windows 11 on old hardware, you need to copy all the files from the Sources folder from the Windows 10 ISO except for "install.wim" or "install.esd" to the Sources folder of the Windows 11 ISO.

Reactions: titovski

tweeterxda

Jul 30, 2020
Not all CPUs are compatible with that, and not all the manufacturers give the option to enable TPM. Lets bypass it, shall we? Create a new txt file anywhere on your pc and open it. After that, add the following lines:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig] “BypassTPMCheck”=dword:00000001 “BypassSecureBootCheck”=dword:00000001

Save the file, and then rename it, just remove the "txt" and replace it with "reg". Open the file and BOOM. The setup should work.
I have Asus M4A78T-E motherboard with AM3 processor support. Using AMD athlon 64 X2 6000 3.00 GHz processor. Did not see support for the processor on Windows 11 CPU compatibility list. Also did not find TPM feature in my bios under advanced or security. Just password settings. Is there a work around for CPU compatibility too? Please explain what I need to do to get Windows 11 on my PC.
Not all CPUs are compatible with that, and not all the manufacturers give the option to enable TPM. Lets bypass it, shall we? Create a new txt file anywhere on your pc and open it. After that, add the following lines:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig] “BypassTPMCheck”=dword:00000001 “BypassSecureBootCheck”=dword:00000001

Save the file, and then rename it, just remove the "txt" and replace it with "reg". Open the file and BOOM. The setup should work.

I pre-copied the registry entries that others posted to note pad as a text doc....I found a good download of the windows 11 build from Android File Host... I created a usb boot disk using refus...I mounted the newly made usb in windows 10...added my new text doc to usb...I booted bios and made sure I was set up for flash drive boot install...i booted windows 11 iso from usb flash...I got the my hardware system incompatible error.... hold shift and f10 to open command prompt... type notepad... notepad opens and chose file from heading and it opens widows file manager...navigate to your flash drive and click on the new text doc made earler...open and save as newcopy change the file extension from .txt to .reg...open the .reg fle you just made and a pop up window updates registry ..click on the still open installer window and hit back button.. it will restart install process... I have a 2012 dell opti desktop with 2nd gen i5 and 8g ram...i have no issues and it runs faster than windows 10 pro...every time i boot i have to manually enable widows security which is only difference...

This worked for me....I have an old optiplex 790 with a Intel i5 4 series....all I did was change the registry through the BIOS on the front en I made the ISO file for USB UEFI boot I got the error saying that my machine hardware was not suitable for Windows 11 so I hit shift and F10 to command prompt and entered notepad because I already copied the registry into a text document that's accessible from the file menu in the notepad never done that before and that was pretty cool..copied it and then went back to the command prompt and went to the regedit.exe... copy what I had on the the text document into the actual local registry and then started the install process all over and Golden... I had to actually download the ISO file from Android host file of all places checksum good...

Reactions: lpedia

StrangerWeather

Recognized Contributor
Jul 18, 2012
Oxford
Google Pixel 7 Pro
That's not correct, I received 11 as an update on my HP with a 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i3 Processor
I think that by "support" they mean that they won't work on bugs that are experienced by older systems. If you look here you will see that they warn users not meeting the hardware requirement that their installation "may result in a degraded experience & some features may not work properly" : https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...ing-for-insider-preview-builds-of-windows-11/. They don't actually say that it won't work at all.

GiulianoB

Feb 27, 2016
I have Asus M4A78T-E motherboard with AM3 processor support. Using AMD athlon 64 X2 6000 3.00 GHz processor. Did not see support for the processor on Windows 11 CPU compatibility list. Also did not find TPM feature in my bios under advanced or security. Just password settings. Is there a work around for CPU compatibility too? Please explain what I need to do to get Windows 11 on my PC.
I just told you what you need to do. This bypass "doesn't care" what your pc has, and "doesn't care" if you have TPM enabled or not. All you need to do is to follow my instructions, and you will be able to bypass the issue with TPM:
Create a new txt file anywhere on your pc and open it. After that, add the following lines:

When you finish, you start the setup of windows 11, and you won't get an error.

BHD@RN

Jun 13, 2021
Samsung Galaxy J1
POCO M3
I think that by "support" they mean that they won't work on bugs that are experienced by older systems. If you look here you will see that they warn users not meeting the hardware requirement that their installation "may result in a degraded experience & some features may not work properly" : https://blogs.windows.com/windows-i...ing-for-insider-preview-builds-of-windows-11/. They don't actually say that it won't work at all.
yes after researching a bit i also come to same conclusion. thanks for info.

Rizal Lovins

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC & RT
May 30, 2012
Bandung
LG V30
well, bad news Microsoft just announced that it will only support Intel 8th generation and above processor line up.

well, we are in XDA so wait till any work around is there
What i mean is only edit registry when you run Windows 11 installer (without change any file from windows 11 bootable image), and i just try it and succes, so the conclusion is we don't need any modified bootable Windows 11, everyone can run it easily.

So far there is no issue on my laptop, but i make it 2nd bootable (dual boot) just to try Windows 11 and all my current Driver, i'd like it more than Windows 10, the only problem that i facing is microsoft project 2019 and visio 2019 didn't appear on the list app, other Office work fine.

mindlery

May 1, 2018
Calgary
Samsung Galaxy A21s
To run Windows 11 on old hardware, you need to copy all the files from the Sources folder from the Windows 10 ISO except for "install.wim" or "install.esd" to the Sources folder of the Windows 11 ISO.
Yup. Then you get this stuff, haha. "This PC can't..." Like hell it can't! It is!
TPM 1.2, secure boot disabled and a 6th gen i5.

*Also, installed alongside macOS opencore 7.0 without issues. Just deleted the win10 partition and it was the same procedure/results as win10 is... for now, anyway.

Attachments

• win11.png
    win11.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 78

mindlery

May 1, 2018
Calgary
Samsung Galaxy A21s
Yes. I did it pretty much the same but unpacked/repacked install.wim, and renamed to install.esd with just the target version.
TPM 1.2 I never enabled secure boot and it's a 6th gen. Windows update is being a sore loser.
You may need to edit the registry after. Lookin' around myself.

Attachments

• win11.png
    win11.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 14

lpedia

Sep 18, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
HTC 10
This worked for me....I have an old optiplex 790 with a Intel i5 4 series....all I did was change the registry through the BIOS on the front en I made the ISO file for USB UEFI boot I got the error saying that my machine hardware was not suitable for Windows 11 so I hit shift and F10 to command prompt and entered notepad because I already copied the registry into a text document that's accessible from the file menu in the notepad never done that before and that was pretty cool..copied it and then went back to the command prompt and went to the regedit.exe... copy what I had on the the text document into the actual local registry and then started the install process all over and Golden... I had to actually download the ISO file from Android host file of all places checksum good...
Thank you, @alansworld2010@gmail and @GiulianoB!

I now have Windows 11 Preview running on a ~2016 model Dell Inspiron laptop with no TPM (and no option to add one; motherboard isn't capable of it).

I downloaded the ISO from Android File Host, burned it to a USB stick, booted from the stick, and when the install process said the device isn't suitable, used Shift-F10 to open a command prompt.

I ended up running regedit and making the registry changes manually, because the .reg file approach didn't work for me - the install still said the machine wasn't suitable. When I then ran regedit, I found that the keys hadn't been added.

Opening the .reg file had popped up the usual warning and seemed to go make the changes when I said OK. :confused:

So my advice to others: if running the .reg file doesn't make it accept the device, try manually editing the registry.

Nameless Foe

Jan 23, 2021
Samsung Galaxy A71 5G
like many, i am getting this error. i have a built PC with a Ryzen 7 2700X. I think there might be a BIOS setting to enable TPM, but I haven't checked yet. Anyone else run into this?

View attachment 5350745

this is the link to the Windows 11 compatibility checker:

Check out my new post, It will bypass TPM and secure boot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can install Win 11 on any PC using Rufus 4.3 or higher. It has some new features like bypassing support check, de-bloating, disabling telemetry , and bypassing sign-in with email.
    Just download the latest version of Win 11 and flash it to a usb with Rufus. I have Win 11 on 2 of I3 computers.
    like many, i am getting this error. i have a built PC with a Ryzen 7 2700X. I think there might be a BIOS setting to enable TPM, but I haven't checked yet. Anyone else run into this?

1624983840371.png

this is the link to the Windows 11 compatibility checker:

Just run tpm.msc and it should give you status of TPM. If your PC supports it and it's in disabled state you can enable it from BIOS as earlier post suggests

Windows 11 installed fine on my cheap HP desktop.
    Screenshot 2021-06-29 183820.png
    1: Create your own installation media

2: The steps necessary to remove the "Secure Boot" and "TPM 2.0" requirements error when attempting to install Windows 11

3: Obtain the newest available Windows 10 ISO from Micro$0ft;
    Already have made your Windows 11 USB Installer using Rufus;

Mount Windows 10 ISO;

Find and locate the folder named Sources on the mounted ISO;

Copy all of the files in the Sources folder of the mounted ISO except for install.wim/install.esd;

Navigate to the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer that you have previously created in your File Manager;

Open the Sources folder on the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer;

Paste the previously copied contents/files from the Sources folder on the mounted Win 10 ISO to the Sources folder of the Windows 11 bootable USB Installer, and make sure to replace the files present in the Windows 11 USB Installer Sources folder;

Boot from Windows 11 USB Installer;
    Profit from not having the requirements of Secure Boot and TPM 2.0 being enabled in place.

For more deatils hereis detailed tutorial. Link.