• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question this strange persistent notification, what does it mean and how to get it to disappear?

Search This thread

m8822

May 6, 2016
after unlocking the boot loader and rooting, i got this notification that won't go away.

first what does it mean?
second, how make it disappear?

I understand I won't be receiving FOTAs, so be it.

thanks

P.S. that is not my personal phone. I'm still working on bootloader unlock 😐😱

Attachments

• photo_2021-04-18_02-08-55.jpg
    photo_2021-04-18_02-08-55.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 227
Reactions: s8860

QiuDer

Jul 14, 2020
after unlocking the boot loader and rooting, i got this notification that won't go away.

first what does it mean?

thanks

use this NotificationsOff(root) app
Find it in the list and disable it HardwareStub Services

Reactions: m8822

seiferfury

Apr 19, 2014
If you disable HardwareStub, also be aware that any of the peripherals (cooler, controller, etc) may not get firmware updates.

The notification sounded like you had a mix of firmware, such as installing a WW update while still using a CN baseband.
I did a full flash with raw and it was still showing, so I also used the Notifications Off app. Mind that I bought the tencent version flashed to global

I did a full flash with raw and it was still showing, so I also used the Notifications Off app. Mind that I bought the tencent version flashed to global
I'm not sure what causes the notification, since I also have a Tencent device on the WW firmware. I do know that one of the newer firmwares does prompt to update the Aerocooler firmware, though. If you get one, make sure to at least temporarily enable the notification for the update.

seiferfury

Apr 19, 2014
So I got intrigued about what my build.prop values are so I opened it, and noticed that some properties about build and model are still set to their chinese values.
Screenshot_20210602-133638094 (1).jpg

What's your build.prop values? Do I need to change these values to remove the notification without disabling HardwareStubServices?
I'm not sure what causes the notification, since I also have a Tencent device on the WW firmware. I do know that one of the newer firmwares does prompt to update the Aerocooler firmware, though. If you get one, make sure to at least temporarily enable the notification for the update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

first what does it mean?

thanks

first what does it mean?

thanks

thanks can confirm this is not appearing any more.