Thl w200

Search This thread

deksman2

Jan 28, 2011
Hey guys!
I really hope someone could help me out.
I have a THL W200 and lately i am facing an automatic shut-down problem. It only happens when i use internet through data usage.
When i use wifi or an other moment my phone works perfectly fine and my battery is working good.
Although after a few minutes of data usage my phone turns off (no matter how much is my battery percentage) and then i turn it on again, its less than half battery than before and then it turns off again in a minute.

What is happening??:eek::rolleyes:

Thank you all in advance! :)

I'm not sure on what could be causing the problem.
You might want to try downloading CM Security.
I've had problems with my THL W200 before when the OS decided to force close various applications that were running in the background.
Mind you, I think this is just a bug in the 4.1 Android coupled with lack of proper optimizations for W200.

After installing CM security, it was able to find several issues in terms of viruses, etc. After removing those problems and then me regularly cleaning the phone with it, the OS has been running fine.

It might be a software issue. Try downloading CM Security, updating its virus definitions and then running it to see what it finds (if anything) and removing potential nasties (then check to see whether the data connection crashes the phone again).

If the problem remains unchanged, you might want to consider switching over to a better ROM.
Perhaps PandaWill or 140310 build number (stock ROM).

Reactions: feel_dizzy

feel_dizzy

May 4, 2015
Thanks a lot for your help!
Unfortunatly i used CM security but the problem remains the same.
Could you please explain me, since i am far from an expert at these, what u mean by "If the problem remains unchanged, you might want to consider switching over to a better ROM. Perhaps PandaWill or 140310 build number (stock ROM) "
Is it an other specific app that i can download and try to fix it? Or is it sth else?

Thanks again :)

I'm not sure on what could be causing the problem.
You might want to try downloading CM Security.
I've had problems with my THL W200 before when the OS decided to force close various applications that were running in the background.
Mind you, I think this is just a bug in the 4.1 Android coupled with lack of proper optimizations for W200.

After installing CM security, it was able to find several issues in terms of viruses, etc. After removing those problems and then me regularly cleaning the phone with it, the OS has been running fine.

It might be a software issue. Try downloading CM Security, updating its virus definitions and then running it to see what it finds (if anything) and removing potential nasties (then check to see whether the data connection crashes the phone again).

If the problem remains unchanged, you might want to consider switching over to a better ROM.
Perhaps PandaWill or 140310 build number (stock ROM).

fbhtc

Nov 13, 2010
Lisbon
Touch screen is broken

Hi,
My touch screen is broken and I want to buy a new screen compatible with my rom (130815), where can I buy?

Thks

Memelord

May 24, 2015
Hello guys, I have a very annoying oroblem at hand.
My rooted THL W200 is having its internal storage eaten up by nothing (more than 500 mbytes rendered useless) and I simply have no explanation of what's happening. I'm keeping track of my apps and media and merely 400 in the internal is used for app data and what not, everything else is ob my external SD. I am even considering hard reseting becausebI can't install **** and even when I free up space it gets eaten up again immediately so I can't download anything. If anybody has the same issue and has fixes it or if I could get an explanation of how to backup my data without the use of a PC I would be really grateful.

RobboW

Jul 5, 2012
Forster, NSW, Australia
Maybe try clearing app cache and also clear browsing history in web browsers and anything else that holds it. Some file explorers do for instance.

If you have app updates to original apps that came on the phone, like Youtube or various Google apps, the original is still there, probably in the system/app folder and when the phone is rooted, you can remove them, and matching odex file. De-bloat the system by removing apps you don't need too. I tend to remove live wallpaper pickers and apk files as I don't run them anyway. I use Google Calendar so remove the built in one, same with music player, I remove as I use Neutron. There's a lot you can do to slim it back down after adding your own apps.
If you uninstall apps but don't clear their data there may be un-needed app data folders still taking space in the memory too. These are important reasons to become familiar with the contents of your system. Have you tried moving some non important (and non widget) apps to SD?

I always keep an eye on what apps start with the system and reside in memory. If they are not needed, uninstall. Find better alternatives. this helps the system with memory management.

A custom ROM also helps. The Pandawill ROM I run is de-odexed and de-bloated already, but I took it a lot further myself. The phone runs great. It's repartitioned so has a 1.5Gb data partition rather than stock 1Gb, although I could probably use a 3Gb partition these days.

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Hi,
My touch screen is broken and I want to buy a new screen compatible with my rom (130815), where can I buy?

Thks

That was a 5 point touch screen (same as mine), later superceded by a 10 point screen. If you change it to the 10 point, you may be able to use one of the newer ROMs to run it.

Last edited:

fbhtc

Nov 13, 2010
Lisbon
High capacity battery

Hi,

Is there any battery with more capacity for w200?

T200 battery It will be compatible with w200?

Thanks,
FB

N.Ákos

Nov 26, 2014
Hello

I have this phone,after a couple of mounths the "screen view" was lost.
I mean I can go to factory mode,can see the start up logo,but after it's like a "pixel" errors.
I can use the phone,I mean I am remember where is the buttons on the screen.
I reflashed the rom many times,tried lots of...

Any idea?

Thanks

abdimi

Oct 14, 2015
Hi guys, i have a problem with battery. I installed the app device info and it says that i have 1000mah instead of 1800mah. Shall i buy a new one?

Kind regards and many thanks for this forum,
Bill

Oleksiy_Sh

Oct 27, 2015
Hi guys,

Can someone give me a piece of advice how to solve my problem? I've replaced w200s broken screen with a used screen from w200 device. Now w200s turns on (screen is not black) but does not respond to my touches. I believe this is a drivers related issue. Which firmware is better to try to in order to fix it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

miljenko

May 4, 2009
Hi guys,

Can someone give me a piece of advice how to solve my problem? I've replaced w200s broken screen with a used screen from w200 device. Now w200s turns on (screen is not black) but does not respond to my touches. I believe this is a drivers related issue. Which firmware is better to try to in order to fix it?

Did same thing in the past and tryed all factory firmwares. One of them worked, don't know which one. Try and post your findings

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using XDA Free mobile app

RobboW

Jul 5, 2012
Forster, NSW, Australia
Hi guys,

I think fitting a W200 screen to a W200S is just going to cause issues as there probably are no ROMs for the W200S with the old W200 screen drivers.

I suspect most W200/W200S owners end up moving on to a better device.

I won't be buying another THL. Too many cheap parts in them to bother with. Learnt my lesson.

gerstavros

May 30, 2012
Athens
Hi guys,

most probably the touch is defected. touch panel is same in all w200/w200s/w200c, tested

Maurice315

Mar 31, 2015
Hello guys! I think I have a hard brick on my THL W200... I hope someone can help me!
There is black screen and the only sing of live is the red light of LED when I connect the usb cable..
(my windows 7 - 64 bit - recognizes the phone as MTK USB Port, and I installed manually MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port)

When I try to use Flash Tool, red bar reach 100% and I get the error "BROM ERROR : S_FT_ENABLE_DRAM_FAIL (4032) [EMI] Enable DRAM fail". And I did it with battery, without battery, with preloader selected and not selected.
I'm using the rom "ThL.W200.130703.JBV2.HD.EN.COM.8P64_MT6589T" and Flash Tool v5.1352.01 and 3.1312.0.139.
I also used the rom "ThL.W200.130815.JBV2.HD.EN.COM.8P64_MT65..." at starting.

Any idea to solve it please? Thank you!!

THL W200

Dec 19, 2015
[HELP] Unable to enter in FACTORY MODE

Hello there all!

I hope you can help me on this issue, since i only started to read about FLASHING/ROMING/HACKING phone today, and therefore im noob!

So i do own a THL W200 (mtk6589T), but my problem is that im unable to enter in FACTORY MODE. When im trying to access to FACTORY MODE (pressing simultanially the power button and volume down button), at the start (qhen THL logo appears) in the lower left side of the screen it shows a small text sayting exactlly this "=> FACTORY MODE" (it shows for only 2 seconds). After this time, that text information desapear and the cellphone stays stuck on the THL LOGO forever.

Althoug im able to acess “Android System Recovery <3e>” menu (pressing simultanially the power and volume up buttons). After this action, it appears in the screen the android mascot with a red exclamation box on it, allowing me to choose one of the following options:
- Reboot System Now (i have tryed and it does not fix the problem):
- Apply update from ADB:
- Apply update from sdcard:
- Apply update from cache:
- Wipe data/factory reset (i have tryed and it does not fix the problem):
- Wipe Cache partition (i have tryed and it does not fix the problem):
- Backup User data (i have tryed and it does not fix the problem):
- Restore user data (i have tryed and it does not fix the problem).

Whenever i try to power on the cellphone, it says stuck on the THL LOGO forever (even if i wait for one hour). I already have made the “Wipe data/factory reset” and now i have the following questions.

Questions:
1 – To repair my problema (crash on LOGO), i only need to instal a ROM pressing “Apply update from sdcard” at the Android System Recovery menu, or do i need also to install firmware?
2- Concerning my specific issue, should i Flash ROM to solve it?
3 – If Flashing the ROM is necessary, should i do it with firmware mtk6589T, or can i make it with mtk6589 version?

My best regards to all of you fellas!

THL W200

Dec 19, 2015
How to know Stock ROMs Version to my device?

How can i know the Stock ROMs version of my THL W200 (mtk6589T), if im stuck on to LOGO screen? (i think my phone is bricked)

Memelord

May 24, 2015
Good day, I just followed this guide http://www.modaco.com/forums/topic/365704-thl-w200-info-root-custom-recovery-and-re-partitioning/
until part 4e where my phone just bootlooped and I had to hard reset from the chinese menu. (I partitioned my phone to 5 gigs)

After doing that I found out that every keyboard app including AOSP, keep crashing whenever prompted to be used. Also I am unable to factory reset normally from my phone and resetting from the chinese menu just doesn't fix the issue.

By not being able to factory reset from the normal menu, I mean that the phone just unmounts the internal storage and ends there. I can freely move around in phone afterwards.

Tripledoubled

Feb 16, 2018
I solved the problem of the camera not working. I report, in case it served others.
On youtube there are videos that recommend adding thicknesses to the two connectors, using small pieces of cardboard or other things.
Others recommend removing the two small pieces of rubber that press the connectors, to decrease the pressure on the connectors.
Someone keeps saying it's a software problem.
In my personal case the solutions I've mentioned do nothing, I solved only with a well done cleaning of the connectors, proceeding like this:
The videos were useful to open the phone without risk, after this I raised one of the two connectors, it is interlocking. I cleaned using a small piece of cotton attached to a toothpick, soaked in alcohol, I had no spry for electrical contacts. Cotton buds better avoid them because the small fibers could get stuck in the connector. I blown well with a can of compressed air, to remove dust and any other dirt. I did the same with the other connector.
You can check if it worked by turning on the phone without reassembling the screws, holding the battery steady and not touching electrical parts.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tools

For those looking for the software tools and files for working on their W200, here is a pick of what worked for me.

Zipped so I could upload, just download and un-zip.

I have tried to upload these before but for some reason never could.
    XperiaC ROM V2

CHANGELOG V2

- Flashable CWM/TWRP zip
    - Busybox enabled
    - init.d enabled
    - Framework cleaned, some unused files and drivers deleted
    - Rooted
    - Software updated, should fix Walkman problem
    - Zipalign APKs
    - GAPPS included
    - Deodex APP and Framework
    - etc.

Changes are not revolution, but definitely are evolution. ROM is faster and lighter. I have removed a lot of software which I have included in the first version. Also changed boot animation and removed Chinese shutdown animation from previous version.

Many people asked about capacitive buttons backlight It is not a problem to turn on lights, but since XperiaC doesnt have them there is no procedure to turn it of. I don't have enough knowledge to implement such procedure into ROM (if somebody know how to do it, I will be more than happy to implement). There is work arround, please use

KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT CONTROLLER

One thing that was pissing me of in V1 was changing network mode, too many steps to make that. On stock ROM there is perfect software for this task called TOGGLE2g but is is incompatible with Xperia and many other OEM ROMs. OK, found solution and now we have simple network tasker incorporated within XperiaC V2 ROM.

I did many other minor mods and fixes, updated sony apps, added Sony Motion shot app, etc

All Sony widgets are working without any problem.

DOWNLOAD
    ROM 130815 with support for both touchscreen models, from a system dump of a recently delivered phone. Flash through recovery, the additional zip contains all removed apps, you can open it and remove the apps you don't need before flashing.

https://mega.co.nz/#!ttxnVLwY!KGatGkxvyO8CE94oLXZTRknZY9ZJ-pGzb4OiwC0XcOc
    https://mega.co.nz/#!JxAHjLJb!fxPypB2ShyyiEM5wdVXvxiGkCR94I7kCh_S9TXvA2Oo

Screenshot_2013-09-21-10-10-13.png
    Screenshot_2013-09-21-10-11-57.png
    THL W200 "Can't connect to camera"

Solution for "Can't connect to camera".

Problem description:
    Sometimes camera do not work on THL W200 (Sometimes both cameras and flash). Rebooting device helps temporarily. Sometimes you can see vertical noise stripes on camera window. As somebody posted: sometimes removing and putting back cover - temporarily solves problems. If You have this problem here is permanent solution:

Be aware if You do this on Your own or by some technician not from THL You'll loose Your warranty. (There'is a warranty sticker on a one screw). And as always - I take no any responsibility. Do it if You want, don't do it if You're scared or haven't disassembled any small part electronic equipment.

First I used manual from "showtopic=477275&st=3420#entry25822546" from 4pda.ru to disassemble phone's case "plate" on 12 screws I have noticed that soft small pieces of rubber which is attached to case plate on inner side is surely overheated and melted, so it doesn't press well on camera's flex cable socket (I have also noticed heat coming from this place on heavy phone load):

(Photo 1) - One melted small piece of rubber

So I decided to temporarily test this by placing some sticker cuts on them:

(Photo 2) - Place to put sticker (in red on photo) rectangular cuts.

(Photo 3) - I placed them in two layers because of them being very thin (both - 0,3mm) (And i know that I wasn't accurate to cut well :angel: )

Problem disappeared completely. So real fix would be to replace those melted pieces of rubber with temperature resistant ones.

Sorry for my english I do my best. And it's my first post on xda.
    Just for djport1973 I have created S4 port. It is HDC Galaxy S4 Legend UI with some additional changes. It will be uploaded tonight after some more testing and posted here tomorrow. For now it is great ROM. Hope that you will like it.

Some teasing screenshots :D:eek: