- Mar 2, 2021
Steps unlock bootloader and needed files
this is the details step for unlocking bootloader for the 2013 Kindle HDX 7 (Thor) and HDX 8.9 (Apollo). Becarefull the 2014 HDX 8.9 (Saturn) doesn't work! These steps are done in Windows 10, successfully checked by myselft!
i don't take any credits, just collect all the steps in one post of the whole process.
Download the needed files are in the attachment, just download them all + the TWRP for your device from this thread: TWRP 3.1.1-1
You do NOT need root for these steps!
1. Install the adb-setup-1.4.3 into a folder (for example: C:/adb), extract dd-0.5.zip + unlock.zip + aboot-xxx.zip, put dd.exe + get_code.bat + unlock.bat + twrp image (for your device) + aboot_vuln.mbn (for your device) into that folder. After that install the kindle_fire_usb_driver.
2. Turn on ADB-Debuging Mode in Developer Mod by tapping 7 times the build numbers in settings and connect to your computer + trust your device.
3. Excecute "get_code.bat" in the folder above, you will get a new file: unlock.code in the folder.
4. Open CMD in the folder and run "adb reboot bootloader", the Kindle will reboot to bootloader with "[ fastboot ]" on the display
5. On the Computer go to Device-Manager and change driver in "Other Android" to "Fire Devices - Android Adb Composite Driver" . It should say "Ready" on the Kindle.
6. Now we need to enter Bulk-Mode like the instruction in this thread: Bulk Mode
7. When done, hold down the power button until it reboots. Now you will be at Bootloader with [Fastboot] sign on the screen. Change the drive in Device-Manager again if needed.
8. Run the "unlock.bat" in the folder and you should get a green line: "unlock code is correct". Congrats your Kindle now has an unlocked bootloader.
9. Now hold power button again to shut down the device, then hold both "power button + Volume UP" and keep them for 3-5 seconds after you see the "kindle fire" logo. Then you will get into the TWRP and flash your desire things.
i hope this post will help others new member to free our beautifull devices!
Cheers and happy flashing
Hi. I've just attempted these steps on my thor Kindle Fire HDX 7. I completed up to step 8 successfully, however, when I ran the "get_code.bat" file in step 3, I didn't realise that it didn't create the unlock code correctly, and it resulted in a blank unlock.code file.
Therefore running the unlock.bat file results in 'unlock code not correct' and I cannot unlock the bootloader. I am stuck in fastboot, cannot access adb, therefore is there any way to get a new unlock code from the device's current state?