Those must have Apps that make life more enjoyable on your device

Search This thread

dtaylorr

I was curious what the killer, must install apps are for everyone. I am not talking about Facebook, Instagram, or system apps that allow for rooting or managing space, but the Apps that make your life on your device much more enjoyable.

I will share mine:

1- Go Launcher. I love this System. Highly customizable and easily usable.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex

LFwSWsgWaqaHqRCprqXzJVJOXuGhFB2ZPEdF8UrNScDonSCnQuD56LTQo4-l3QJKlhM=h900-rw

2- 1 Tap Quick Bar. This adds a quick launch bar at the bottom of the pull-down menu. Available anywhere you are in Android. I keep stuff like my Camera, a Calculator, a shopping list app, etc there.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rootuninstaller.onetap

HmRAjV1BlWx5m1xf0kDbBBRujCAs2EpSkUK9nGvgkXKa2pcBRUVSLgFfTW9xyGaYEZsM=h310-rw

3- Power Line. This simple app provides very light lines that indicate the various systems on your phone. I only use the power line, but there are a lot to choose from. Nice that it is always there, to see instantly what your levels are.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.inline

wCzFdcXVjxjiPOklrqzYURZf1Mcgjv_i5FAJfcrvGlo8gC56JtuD0x_7-KY0mUHb4g=h900-rw

4- Link Bubble. A handy app that provides a quick way of opening links without leaving the app you are already in.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linkbubble.license.playstore

hfgyE0p-9AhOlD-Z02YSgZ8-doHzfs9zhV1G3nlptgYeFKbbts4AI8ZHxgg8e54hQ-4=h900-rw

5- Launch X. A great way of organizing app on your home screens. I use it in scrolling. Saves a lot of Home page space.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.yuvalsharon.android.launchx.free

ZDQ57YnjQkWGRGdG4IY9Q0QJA5gewEwUeIKRcZWnarj-6lD5m4O3rToO638jeTxOw_4=h900-rw

Well that is it for now. These are the basic apps that I always use to make life more enjoyable and convenient in my various Android devices. How about you? What do you use and have to install?

Last edited:

nirudha

Oct 13, 2012
I'm surprised to be saying this but Microsoft's Arrow launcher is a treat on the Note 5. Looks classy on the large screen and its focus on usage patterns works quite well for me.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Gpettit1

Dec 7, 2015
Swiftkey is a MUST!

I came from Blackberry originally, and I got spoiled by the awesome word prediction and learning autocorrect. When I got my first Droid 2, I missed the smarter typing and I searched for a replacement. I bought SwiftKey when it was premium and never looked back. Through a Droid 3, RAZR HD, and now Note 5, it has learned how I type and saved me lots of embarrassment. And since I went premium back in the day, I get no ads. Ever.

If you're a family guy like me, Cozi Family Scheduler is also a must. With 2 teenagers, both spouses working, and all sorts of things to coordinate, Cozi makes it easy for all of us to stay on the same page without trying to flip through shared Google calendars. The widgets are useful on Note 5, but the typeface is very small on widgets.

dtaylorr

I'm surprised to be saying this but Microsoft's Arrow launcher is a treat on the Note 5. Looks classy on the large screen and its focus on usage patterns works quite well for me.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Nice looking Launcher.

I came from Blackberry originally, and I got spoiled by the awesome word prediction and learning autocorrect. When I got my first Droid 2, I missed the smarter typing and I searched for a replacement. I bought SwiftKey when it was premium and never looked back. Through a Droid 3, RAZR HD, and now Note 5, it has learned how I type and saved me lots of embarrassment. And since I went premium back in the day, I get no ads. Ever.

I hear good things about SwiftKey. I tried it a few months ago, and never really got a good feel for it myself.

If you're a family guy like me, Cozi Family Scheduler is also a must. With 2 teenagers, both spouses working, and all sorts of things to coordinate, Cozi makes it easy for all of us to stay on the same page without trying to flip through shared Google calendars. The widgets are useful on Note 5, but the typeface is very small on widgets.

A very nice option to keep the screen time under control.

In Australia currently the nova prime is only 20c I think it's best bargain app. Definitely worth it...been using it to replace touch wiz.

My brother uses and swears by Nova.

One of the reasons I prefer Android over iOS is the way that you can highly customize your phone/tablet to your desires.

kuailan

Aug 3, 2009
Sydney
Now I know this one also require the hardware...but I do recommend getting one.

I just got my gear vr...and it's really cool. My kids love them. There are a lot of free download too just like in playstore.

AKW

Oct 6, 2015
Jacksonville
Tasker. I freaking love this app. It automates almost everything on my phone:

-Silences my ringer and notification volume when I set the phone face down.
-When I receive a text, my TTS engine says "Sir, you have received a message from %sender" and if the contact isn't stored in my contact list, it replaces the %sender variable with "an unknown person"
-When I leave the house, it turns off my wifi, turns my ringtone and notification volume up, and turns Bluetooth on, but if Bluetooth doesn't connect in 7 minutes, it turns back off again
-When I get to work, it sets my phone on silent and texts my wife one of 5 random messages letting her know I'm at work
-When I get back home, it turns wifi back on and connects, speaks "welcome home, sir" and turns my notification and ringtone volume down a bit
-In the morning when I dismiss my alarm, it speaks one of 3 random "good morning" messages, and then proceeds to read off the weather for the day, tells me how many appointments I have, what they are, and when.
-When I plug headphones in, it displays a popup menu of apps that I use with my headphones (Pandora, youtube, any of my emulators)
-Controls my GPS so that it's only on when I need it, like navigating with Google maps or taking location-tagged photos, and then turns it back off when I'm done
-Reboots my phone once a week to keep the OS fresh.

There is literally nothing you can't do with this app and its plugins. I recommend it for everyone. Super steep learning curve, but there are tons of tutorials on line. 10000% worth the $3 it costs.

Last edited:

954wrecker

Jul 9, 2012
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1198227

-When I receive a text, my TTS engine says "Sir, you have received a message from %sender" and if the contact isn't stored in my contact list, it replaces the %sender variable with "an unknown person"
-When I leave the house, it turns off my wifi, turns my ringtone and notification volume up, and turns Bluetooth on, but if Bluetooth doesn't connect in 7 minutes, it turns back off again
-When I get to work, it sets my phone on silent and texts my wife one of 5 random messages letting her know I'm at work
-When I get back home, it turns wifi back on and connects, speaks "welcome home, sir" and turns my notification and ringtone volume down a bit
-In the morning when I dismiss my alarm, it speaks one of 3 random "good morning" messages, and then proceeds to read off the weather for the day, tells me how many appointments I have, what they are, and when.
-When I plug headphones in, it displays a popup menu of apps that I use with my headphones (Pandora, youtube, any of my emulators)
-Controls my GPS so that it's only on when I need it, like navigating with Google maps or taking location-tagged photos, and then turns it back off when I'm done

There is literally nothing you can't do with this app and its plugins. I recommend it for everyone. Super steep learning curve, but there are tons of tutorials on line. 10000% worth the $3 it costs.

Man.. You don't have a phone any more.. You have a robot!.. :)

AKW

Oct 6, 2015
Jacksonville

That was the idea lol. The nerd in me went and found the TTS engine that sounded the most like Iron Man's Jarvis, William from CereProc, and every time I program a speak action, I try and imagine how Jarvis would say it. I wanted my phone to be as much like a personal assistant as I could make it.

I also plan on creating a task so that, when I'm in the car and I receive a text, Jarvis will tell me that a text was received and ask if I want him to read it to me. If I reply "yes" he'll read the message then ask if I want to respond but if I reply "no" he'll ask if I want to be reminded of the text when I'm not driving. If I reply "yes" to responding, He'll listen for me to speak the message and then send it. If I reply "yes" to the reminder, when I get out of the car, he'll say "Sir, you still have # unread text message(s)"

I also want to do something similar with calls.

All you need is Tasker, AutoVoice and maybe AutoInput and AutoNotification.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was curious what the killer, must install apps are for everyone. I am not talking about Facebook, Instagram, or system apps that allow for rooting or managing space, but the Apps that make your life on your device much more enjoyable.

I will share mine:

1- Go Launcher. I love this System. Highly customizable and easily usable.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gau.go.launcherex

LFwSWsgWaqaHqRCprqXzJVJOXuGhFB2ZPEdF8UrNScDonSCnQuD56LTQo4-l3QJKlhM=h900-rw

2- 1 Tap Quick Bar. This adds a quick launch bar at the bottom of the pull-down menu. Available anywhere you are in Android. I keep stuff like my Camera, a Calculator, a shopping list app, etc there.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rootuninstaller.onetap

HmRAjV1BlWx5m1xf0kDbBBRujCAs2EpSkUK9nGvgkXKa2pcBRUVSLgFfTW9xyGaYEZsM=h310-rw

3- Power Line. This simple app provides very light lines that indicate the various systems on your phone. I only use the power line, but there are a lot to choose from. Nice that it is always there, to see instantly what your levels are.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.urbandroid.inline

wCzFdcXVjxjiPOklrqzYURZf1Mcgjv_i5FAJfcrvGlo8gC56JtuD0x_7-KY0mUHb4g=h900-rw

4- Link Bubble. A handy app that provides a quick way of opening links without leaving the app you are already in.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linkbubble.license.playstore

hfgyE0p-9AhOlD-Z02YSgZ8-doHzfs9zhV1G3nlptgYeFKbbts4AI8ZHxgg8e54hQ-4=h900-rw

5- Launch X. A great way of organizing app on your home screens. I use it in scrolling. Saves a lot of Home page space.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.yuvalsharon.android.launchx.free

ZDQ57YnjQkWGRGdG4IY9Q0QJA5gewEwUeIKRcZWnarj-6lD5m4O3rToO638jeTxOw_4=h900-rw

Well that is it for now. These are the basic apps that I always use to make life more enjoyable and convenient in my various Android devices. How about you? What do you use and have to install?

That was the idea lol. The nerd in me went and found the TTS engine that sounded the most like Iron Man's Jarvis, William from CereProc, and every time I program a speak action, I try and imagine how Jarvis would say it. I wanted my phone to be as much like a personal assistant as I could make it.

I also plan on creating a task so that, when I'm in the car and I receive a text, Jarvis will tell me that a text was received and ask if I want him to read it to me. If I reply "yes" he'll read the message then ask if I want to respond but if I reply "no" he'll ask if I want to be reminded of the text when I'm not driving. If I reply "yes" to responding, He'll listen for me to speak the message and then send it. If I reply "yes" to the reminder, when I get out of the car, he'll say "Sir, you still have # unread text message(s)"

I also want to do something similar with calls.

All you need is Tasker, AutoVoice and maybe AutoInput and AutoNotification.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone