Thread Closed Please Delete Mods....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Androidwhiz

Dec 28, 2010
Anyone else getting boot loops? Odined back to JFD then flashed through cwr. Now I am stuck in boot loop. What should I do?

EDIT: Problem solved odined back flashed again w/o wipe cache

Last edited:

Kwaii49

Oct 24, 2010
I'm currently on 4.1.
Gps working perfectly
Applied gingerbreak

But that "rainbow" (the multi colored lines that almost looks like you screwed your phone) screen is disturbing.

I applied the fugu app ext4 settings but I'm still getting lag.

Update: GPS can't lock, no matter how long I let it sit. It would locate me but directions on google maps is a hassle. It doesn't stop displaying "Searching for GPS". And my phone can't boot into recovery. It gets stuck on a screen half "rainbow"on top and the logo vibrant on the bottom. Took me 4 battery pulls for my phone to boot normally.

Last edited:

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010
Update: GPS can't lock, no matter how long I let it sit. It would locate me but directions on google maps is a hassle. It doesn't stop displaying "Searching for GPS". And my phone can't boot into recovery. It gets stuck on a screen half "rainbow"on top and the logo vibrant on the bottom. Took me 4 battery pulls for my phone to boot normally.

When its half rainbow have logo that's recovery which you can't see "stated in op" just put power button and it will reboot

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Kwaii49

Oct 24, 2010
When its half rainbow have logo that's recovery which you can't see "stated in op" just put power button and it will reboot

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Thanks for your response. I tried the power button, it just rebooted and returned back to the same screen. My phone is fine now though, I just know not to try that again.

I noticed the gps edit in the op. Thanks to the op for acknowledging it.
It's a sweet rom, good enough to keep.

hayn_pryde46

Feb 2, 2011
Kihei, Hawaii
I'm currently on 4.1.
Gps working perfectly
Applied gingerbreak

But that "rainbow" (the multi colored lines that almost looks like you screwed your phone) screen is disturbing.

I applied the fugu app ext4 settings but I'm still getting lag.

Just keep it jfs it does better, If You Change To EXT 4 Or Ultra It Will Break Videos And Have Ram, Battery Issues I Further Tested It... It Also Starts Lagging I Dunno Whats Wrong First Time I Tried It Was Smooth

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Last edited:

hayn_pryde46

Feb 2, 2011
Kihei, Hawaii
Gps worked from the beggining but lock 20 feet away, thats I tried asking jellete to take a look but he hasnt gotten back to me...

hayn_pryde46

Feb 2, 2011
Kihei, Hawaii
Thanks for your response. I tried the power button, it just rebooted and returned back to the same screen. My phone is fine now though, I just know not to try that again.

I noticed the gps edit in the op. Thanks to the op for acknowledging it.
It's a sweet rom, good enough to keep.

Dont worry it safe in the raibow just follow the op you do fine

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010
Just because I wouldn't stop until I figured everything out lol:

I realized that my phone was actually converting to ext4 while I though it was "Stuck" so everything converted to ext4, and I flashed the ultra kernel, and things do seem more stable or it could be a placebo lol, only thing that doesn't work is the home button on the ultra kernel.

The reboots stopped after about 6 times, I wish I would of knew to just let me happen before I reinstalled all my apps and then odined.. no big.

Love it so far.

hayn_pryde46

Feb 2, 2011
Kihei, Hawaii
Just because I wouldn't stop until I figured everything out lol:

I realized that my phone was actually converting to ext4 while I though it was "Stuck" so everything converted to ext4, and I flashed the ultra kernel, and things do seem more stable or it could be a placebo lol, only thing that doesn't work is the home button on the ultra kernel.

The reboots stopped after about 6 times, I wish I would of knew to just let me happen before I reinstalled all my apps and then odined.. no big.

Love it so far.

Rebooting Is Cause It Didnt Get The 15 Mins And The Reboot Just Reboot After It Does This And It Stops But I Noticed Ram Issues In Ext 4 And Ultra Thats Why Its Lagging Now I Dunno Whats The Cause Of This I PM The Op Nikedemus On This Maybe He Can Provide A Fix... When I First Tryed It WAs Really Smooth And I Wanted Voodoo Sound 8 So I Went With Now We All Have Issues Im Really Sorry For Inconvienence

Last edited:

jamespwolpert

Oct 28, 2010
oof. I remember asking that question.

And to answer, I have a few of my own:

are you rooted?
have you flashed/dl'd cwm yet?

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010
Rebooting Is Cause It Didnt Get The 15 Mins And The Reboot Just Reboot After It Does This And It Stops But I Noticed Ram Issues In Ext 4 And Ultra Thats Why Its Lagging Now I Dunno Whats The Cause Of This I PM The Op Nikedemus On This Maybe He Can Provide A Fix... When I First Tryed It WAs Really Smooth And I Wanted Voodoo Sound 8 So I Went With Now We All Have Issues Im Really Sorry For Inconvienence

Hmm haven't had any lag, did it come later on?

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
So would it be better to flash .3 for now until the reboot are fixed in .4? Or does .3 also reboot 8-10 times before starting up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Closed Thread Due To New Thread.... Please Delete Mods
    I'm confused why people are reposting the EDT ROM with basically nothing changed. Users can uninstall and install app themselves. Same goes for Kernels and Modems. None of the original bugs are solved really so I'm confused why this is the second such ROM out today.

I understand it's a great learning experience but from a user standpoint it does not contribute much. I would love when the dev uses the things he/she learned from this to make something.
    PS: hayn_pryde46, this is not directed at you nor is this negative. I am very glad you decided to get into the dev game and hope you will become good at it. I'm just unsure your learning experience should be posted as a complete ROM.
    People chill. He asked for no money. He even asked for donations to go to the primary devs. Give a guy a break. Sheesh! Wheres the love?

I mean come on... Its 4/20... Everyone needs to chillllll
    Downloading.

Thanks

Edit: oops